Default Ainz Ooal Gown V Gojo Satoru

Thought about it for a bit and it seems like a good matchup.

Just before Climb attacks Ainz, Gojo suddenly replaces him. Who wins?

R1: Guardians are unable to help Ainz.

R2: Guardians are able to help Ainz 5 minutes after the battle starts.

No prep

no knowledge

in-character

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

My gut says Gojo but I haven't watched season 4 of Overlord. Ainz has a shot if Gojo plays around with him and the Guardians join. But I think Doman Expansion probably does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    My gut says Gojo but I haven't watched season 4 of Overlord. Ainz has a shot if Gojo plays around with him and the Guardians join. But I think Doman Expansion probably does it.
    It depends on whether or not Infinity can defend against more esoteric abilities such as freezing time or telekinetically crushing a person's heart.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    It depends on whether or not Infinity can defend against more esoteric abilities such as freezing time or telekinetically crushing a person's heart.
    But unless he's allowed to precast spells he likely won't get the chance. Which I guess is why it is in character. But Gojo can subconsciously filter that which is harmful and that which is not, so I think he'd be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Even if they have no vector, techniques like Simple Domain are made with the function to block Guaranteed hits that can pass through Infinity, Gojo used something similar when he strengthened Infinity against the Domain Amplification the Disaster Curses used.

Also Gojo can move in stopped time, he's able to move in the prison realm which is another dimension where time doesn't pass.

https://imgur.com/gallery/3VYdVec

Quote Originally Posted by thegoldenboy2188 View Post
    Even if they have no vector, techniques like Simple Domain are made with the function to block Guaranteed hits that can pass through Infinity, Gojo used something similar when he strengthened Infinity against the Domain Amplification the Disaster Curses used.

Also Gojo can move in stopped time, he's able to move in the prison realm which is another dimension where time doesn't pass.

https://imgur.com/gallery/3VYdVec
    That's a very generous interpretation of that sequence. Gojo is unable to escape and his curse technique was neutralized already. There's nothing indicating his powers are why he can still talk and that it isn't a normal function of prison realm. And even it is his powers... He couldn't actually DO anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    That's a very generous interpretation of that sequence. Gojo is unable to escape and his curse technique was neutralized already. There's nothing indicating his powers are why he can still talk and that it isn't a normal function of prison realm. And even it is his powers... He couldn't actually DO anything.
    1. Gojo's CE was only neutralized when the Gate was open.

2. Gojo is unable to escape because it's another dimension, we already know domains and barriers are other worlds and Kenjaku a master of barriers that even Tengen fears that he will eventually break into his tomb states it's a living barrier powerful enough to seal anybody.

https://imgur.com/gallery/bXzvCkm

3. He is using infinity. In the scans I posted the skeleton hands are unable to touch him because he's using infinity. Also he's able to notice that time's stopped in the Prison Realm, move and speak, which... if he was effected by the time stop... he wouldn't be able to do.

Also using for the sake of this debate being able to use infinity is enough. He's unable to escape the prison realm because its another dimension but he's not trapped in any dimension when Ainz uses time stop plus his attacks are just different applications of infinity.