Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    This 100% Fall of Xavier.

They've been building towards this from the beginning.

Reed, ORCHIS, Moira they're all gonna get their revenge.
    Why does Xavier need to fall, and for what? This pathological desire some have for Xavier to get some kind of cumuppence is puzzling. The man gave mutantkind their own nation and immortality and people want him either exiled, thrown in the pit or dead. And all because he kept the knowledge of a possible future that most likely would never come to pass from certain mutants. What's funny is Magneto is now so revered even though he was in lock step right along side him, keeping the same knowledge secret. I really hope Xavier is not thrown under the bus or made to be the fall guy, it's because of his efforts that mutants are in the ascendancy but all people can focus on is him keeping certain information to himself, It's crazy. But if Xavier does fall I hope Krakoa falls with him, let Storm, Cyclops, Jean, Emma or whoever create their own mutant nation. So many people seem to think that they could do much better than Xavier.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Feel like everyone complains about events when they happen and then complains we're in a holding pattern when events aren't happening.
    I think at this stage I just consider events like regular story-arcs that happen to have tie-ins sometimes and one-shot opening and closing issues. They've become so frequent and ingrained in the storytelling that there's nothing "eventful" about them anymore. The problem is that the stories told in the ongoing books can sometime feel like treading water or at least prep work for the next event and, more troublesome, inconsequential because all the big stuff needs to happen in the next crossover.

This is a major issue of Marvel's own making, they trained readers and retailers to think in those terms, effectively weakening the importance of their ongoing books in favour of miniseries and one-shots. This is especially true of the X-Men books - the Spider-Man office has been great about keeping the focus on Amazing Spider-Man for the most part thus making it one of the strongest and most stable books sales-wise.

Whereas with the X-Men, ever since the early 2000s, the core books have gradually lost their importance to the point there really isn't a "core books" anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Yeah, people want EVERY issue to be world-shattering and that's simply not how storytelling actually works.
    That's not what I'm expecting. We know some story arcs have dragged on longer to pad things out.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Why does Xavier need to fall, and for what? This pathological desire some have for Xavier to get some kind of cumuppence is puzzling. The man gave mutantkind their own nation and immortality and people want him either exiled, thrown in the pit or dead. And all because he kept the knowledge of a possible future that most likely would never come to pass from certain mutants. What's funny is Magneto is now so revered even though he was in lock step right along side him, keeping the same knowledge secret. I really hope Xavier is not thrown under the bus or made to be the fall guy, it's because of his efforts that mutants are in the ascendancy but all people can focus on is him keeping certain information to himself, It's crazy. But if Xavier does fall I hope Krakoa falls with him, let Storm, Cyclops, Jean, Emma or whoever create their own mutant nation. So many people seem to think that they could do much better than Xavier.
    I don't think anyone want's to see Xavier fall inherently, but every major character has hinted at him doing something shady from Doug, Magneto, Mystique to Moira.

I mean Moira literally went insane trying to stop him.

I think people like seeing noble leaders fall in seeking their nobility

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I'm actually pleasantly surprised by all the announcements and there being a little something for everyone with the various mini-series. Only thing missing is the magic school.
    I was thinking about the magic school shortly after Bishop's book was announced. That's definitely been a regular request around here and sometimes it seems like these walls have ears.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I'm actually pleasantly surprised by all the announcements and there being a little something for everyone with the various mini-series. Only thing missing is the magic school.
    Not me. But every page of every book is a new opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    There is always hope for the Hellion chimeras. Heifer, Hellya, and Hole need a mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Stay strong dude, Hellion and Hole are just waiting to star in a Uncanny X-Men relaunch. Mini-series would be beneath mutants of their stature.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I was thinking about the magic school shortly after Bishop's book was announced. That's definitely been a regular request around here and sometimes it seems like these walls have ears.
    Given that the island's lack of any kind of school has been pointed out as one of the flaws or less than well-thought-out aspects of the current era, if it turns out that Fall of X doesn't destroy Krakoa but instead transitions it into a new structure of government and societal reform, I could see them waiting until after Fall of X to start a book about this concept. Its something that fits into a 'after changes are made' version of Krakoa a lot more naturally than even the current status quo.....and if you want readers to feel like the Krakoa that comes out of the other side of Fall of X is substantially different from the current one, launching THEN with a new book about a new school on the island is a much better play than launching a new school and book right before your big shake-up and then coming out the other side with some changes but still same school/book.

Of course, this presumes that Fall of X doesn't end the Krakoan concept completely, but just off the top of my head, I could definitely see that as a valid reason for them holding off on doing a magic school or any kind of school at all, and waiting til the dust settles there to bring that to fruition.

War College makes sense to launch before Fall of X because ideally you want a better look/more depth to Bishop and the War Captains in general before moving things into a big climactic battle between Krakoa and its enemies. So that would be one reason to do a War College book BEFORE Fall of X even if the above reasoning is why there's a delay on a magic school until AFTER the Fall of X.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 10-09-2022 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Given that the island's lack of any kind of school has been pointed out as one of the flaws or less than well-thought-out aspects of the current era, if it turns out that Fall of X doesn't destroy Krakoa but instead transitions it into a new structure of government and societal reform, I could see them waiting until after Fall of X to start a book about this concept. Its something that fits into a 'after changes are made' version of Krakoa a lot more naturally than even the current status quo.....and if you want readers to feel like the Krakoa that comes out of the other side of Fall of X is substantially different from the current one, launching THEN with a new book about a new school on the island is a much better play than launching a new school and book right before your big shake-up and then coming out the other side with some changes but still same school/book.

Of course, this presumes that Fall of X doesn't end the Krakoan concept completely, but just off the top of my head, I could definitely see that as a valid reason for them holding off on doing a magic school or any kind of school at all, and waiting til the dust settles there to bring that to fruition.

War College makes sense to launch before Fall of X because ideally you want a better look/more depth to Bishop and the War Captains in general before moving things into a big climactic battle between Krakoa and its enemies. So that would be one reason to do a War College book BEFORE Fall of X even if the above reasoning is why there's a delay on a magic school until AFTER the Fall of X.
    Yeah this makes sense, I can see them moving forward with a concept like the magic school after Fall. I don't believe it'll be the end of Krakoa completely but a structure change would make a lot of sense. Maybe generally speaking they'll bring back schooling and the magic school is part of that. I'm suddenly seeing cute mutant children with backpacks talking about having magic class before launch, Krakoan medicine production lab hours after, etc.

I mean, none of the mini-series have anything for me, but that's kind of a given at this point.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Me either but I’ll probably give Bishop, X-23 and Rogue & Gambit a shot. Not jumping for joy over any of them, especially after finding out that Bishop’s deals with some alt u head canon where the main X-men are black and Laura’s takes place in the past. Neither of those concepts sound all that exciting honestly. But I’ll give them a go and support those characters because I like them.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”