Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

It’d be lit if Fall of X was actually the fall of the quiet council but not krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    It’d be lit if Fall of X was actually the fall of the quiet council but not krakoa
    It's possible. In Inmortal X-men we see that their situation is bad and in Hellfire Gala II Jean and Cyclops said that they want democracy for Krakoa

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Another alt-reality event? Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    So if they were going to destroy Krakoa anyway… why mutiny and force Hickman out to begin with?

Like I’ve complained about some of the dodgy tales made by the Queit council and the Krakoans in this era, but was anyone actually wanting a return to Roscanny?
    Yes to all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    How is Leinil Yu as a writer ? I didn't know he wrote comics. I thought that would be another Gillen crossover tbh.
    It was an error as CBR was live-posting. Yu is doing the cover and Gillen is writing the opening one-shot.

So there's an opening one-shot and a closing one-shot, with the three titles moving the story in between.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Or maybe the X is Xavier? Xavier is the one who's falling.
    I hate that I had a chuckle because this reminded me the panel of Sinister pushing Xavier down the stairs in ultimate universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It's possible. In Inmortal X-men we see that their situation is bad and in Hellfire Gala II Jean and Cyclops said that they want democracy for Krakoa
    This is my hope.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Is that Betsy or maybe Psyloke in the bottom left?
    I thought Betsy at first but seeing the trailer the hair is dark like Kwannon's.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

I mean, people have been theorizing for awhile that there's going to be an eventual conflict/split between the Quiet Council and X-Men - and given SOS's timeline, its not like there'd be much room for it at all, BETWEEN Sins of Sinister and Fall of X, so seems very weird that they'd spend so much time teasing that conflict and it just never happens....unless that IS part of Fall of X.

And if so, given that lots of people have figured that this conflict was coming and would lead to a dissolution of the Quiet Council and the formation of a more democratic government, and one of Destiny's visions was of a New Krakoa and it was speculated that might arise out of Judgment Day.....*shrugs* could very well be that Fall of X is their enemies bringing this to a boil while inner conflict ignites, but like others have said...Rebirth of X is just as likely a follow-up to something called Fall, and Krakoa could very well exist on the other side of this Fall of X event, just with the more democratic shape and form people have been hoping for, for awhile now.

After all, one of the previous most iconic uses of the word 'Fall' in reference to the X-books was "Fall of the Mutants"....in which the X-Men very much did fall....only to uh, literally be resurrected by Roma immediately afterward, so its not like there's not precedence for an oh so dramatic title of 'Fall of...' to not actually be as definitive an ending as it sounds.

I still maintain the end of Hickman's era does not guarantee an end to Krakoa. Ultimately all that would result in, in terms of themes, is the same old same old 'mutants get something nice and then something worse happens' only in this case, they built up the nice things mutants get to a previously unheard of degree before smashing it all to ruin....but other than that, literally NOTHING else would be different or new about this era in the grand scheme of things.

Sorry, call me naively optimistic, but I just think that's wildly counter-intuitive and counterproductive for an era that otherwise has done everything possible to distinguish itself as new and game-changing. Hell, the whole reason Hickman created the resurrection protocols was because he was tired of the revolving door comics treat death as making it a no-stakes situation and so he wanted to create a new framework where the return was built into the stories as a guarantee and thus necessitated coming up with other ways to give stories stakes beyond just 'somebody might die here.'

Until the very last second before definitively being proven otherwise, I'm gonna stick with my belief that it flat out doesn't make sense that the same guy crafted a blueprint that ultimately just leads to turning Krakoa into another Genosha/Utopia/etc that leads back to the mansion at the end of it all.

What would even be the point of five years of treading water and filler stories meant to all culminate in the very same 'mutants always lose' prediction Hickman set UP as 'the inevitability' at the start of all this, other than to go down as 'the best story about how futile things are for mutants' but otherwise just sandwiched between every other era where that's literally the exact same takeaway?

Anyway, storytelling 101 posits that the thing a writer sets up as a given at the start of their story (mutants always lose/Krakoa is doomed/all of this is futile) is absolutely the LAST thing the story wants to END up validating and using as their final story beat, if they actually want their story to feel like it went ANYWHERE at all.

Otherwise its just like....you end up in the spot that you basically began with. Your conclusion is the thing you already announced it would be at the beginning. I mean, could it be a 'the journey is its own destination' thing? Admittedly, yes, it could. But like....that's a platitude usually applied to life in general. Not books or movies or TV shows or comics. In entertainment, the journey is its own destination but the destination is cliched, predictable, and literally telegraphed from the start.....that usually doesn't make for a strong finish, and I think all the major architects of this era are at least decent enough of writers to know that.

Buuuut just my take. And I'm obviously biased and not shy about that, so here, take some grains of salt with this. Its whatever.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Thank the Goddess DW:XM is separate...still...I'm taking it one month at a time.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

SOS: Alt universes. FOX: Dark future for Mutants.

Been there, dropped that.

All-New Member

After Fall of X, there will surely be Rise of X

We already had stories like the fall and the rise of empire Shiar, and the fall and the rise of New mutants

Fall of X will end the second krakoan era to open the third.

BANNED

Yay time-travel/alt realities and extinction events. What joy.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Attachment 125281
    “The X-Men have been winning, how long did you think the bad guys would take it?”
    quote from duggan!
    This will coincide with next year’s Hellfire Gala!
    What bad guys? According to some, they're already ON krakoa. Or are the humans now the bad guys??
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Storm dressed like Magneto for her Brothethood mini.
    All hail Magneto's newest daughter, Ororo Munroe! Hope she survives the experience!

spoilers:
    Attempts by certain people at Marvel to cause Lorna fans to fight with Storm fans are both desperate and obvious. And predictably, they center on a premise that women should be primarily defined by their connections to men, and that fans of female characters should fight with each other for that coveted title.
    end of spoilers
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

If “Fall of X” starts in late summer, I’ll be at San Diego Comic Con to bring you all the scoop on that event!
    Mutant and Proud!