Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default New York Comic Con 2022

New York Comic Con kicks off tomorrow so just starting a thread for discussions, news, links, art, cosplay photos, etc.

On Saturday the 8th we'll get the MARVEL COMICS: Next Big Thing panel.
    4:00PM – 5:00PM EST | Room 405

This is it, True Believers, the panel you absolutely cannot miss! Learn what’s next for the Marvel Universe as Marvel Comics Executive Editor Nick Lowe and Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski lead a legion of literary legends in discussion, including Gerry Duggan (Dark Web: X-Men, Invincible Iron Man), Jed MacKay (Mary Jane & Black Cat, Timeless), Zeb Wells (Amazing Spider-Man, Dark Web), and more! What lies in store for everyone’s favorite mutants and mutates as dusk falls across the world in the Spider-Man/X-Men crossover Dark Web? What do the hands of fate hold in store for the Marvel Universe in the pages of Timeless? And what hot new 2023 titles will be announced? Plus, stay until the end of the panel for an exclusive giveaway!

And of course...

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Our own GeneTitan will be in attendance to share some deets. Whoop!

I'm hoping for lots of X-announcements including whatever new titles may be in the works, as well as confirmation of what exactly Sins of Sinister is and how it will crossover into our lives.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm also excited for this and happy to have our own GeneTitan on the spot.

Frankly, I miss the times when conventions were the place for Marvel to make major announcements. I'm not sure what changed, perhaps they think they can control the message better when making announcements via press release, but it definitely impacted the "look forward to" factor for conventions for me.

I’m not going into it with any expectations, so hopefully am pleasantly surprised.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    New York Comic Con kicks off tomorrow so just starting a thread for discussions, news, links, art, cosplay photos, etc.

On Saturday the 8th we'll get the MARVEL COMICS: Next Big Thing panel.
    4:00PM – 5:00PM EST | Room 405

This is it, True Believers, the panel you absolutely cannot miss! Learn what’s next for the Marvel Universe as Marvel Comics Executive Editor Nick Lowe and Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski lead a legion of literary legends in discussion, including Gerry Duggan (Dark Web: X-Men, Invincible Iron Man), Jed MacKay (Mary Jane & Black Cat, Timeless), Zeb Wells (Amazing Spider-Man, Dark Web), and more! What lies in store for everyone’s favorite mutants and mutates as dusk falls across the world in the Spider-Man/X-Men crossover Dark Web? What do the hands of fate hold in store for the Marvel Universe in the pages of Timeless? And what hot new 2023 titles will be announced? Plus, stay until the end of the panel for an exclusive giveaway!

And of course...

Our own GeneTitan will be in attendance to share some deets. Whoop!

I'm hoping for lots of X-announcements including whatever new titles may be in the works, as well as confirmation of what exactly Sins of Sinister is and how it will crossover into our lives.

I would be ecstatic if Jed Mackay came on board to write some stories for the X-books. His Moon Knight & Strange have both been fantastic reads.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm also excited for this and happy to have our own GeneTitan on the spot.

Frankly, I miss the times when conventions were the place for Marvel to make major announcements. I'm not sure what changed, perhaps they think they can control the message better when making announcements via press release, but it definitely impacted the "look forward to" factor for conventions for me.
    Agreed. There was an air of excited anticipation with cons because many of the announcements were saved for them. It felt great when it happened for Dawn of X, the images of the covers being shown on the big screen. I miss that magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I would be ecstatic if Jed Mackay came on board to write some stories for the X-books. His Moon Knight & Strange have both been fantastic reads.
    See, this right here is the stuff I love about these boards. I haven't read Mackay's work but now that you've said this I'm going to check him out.

#WonderWoman playing the #XMenTAS theme on a violin 🎻
    #NYCC has begun!
    https://twitter.com/TaimurODar/statu...17836475236357

BANNED

We need Jean Grey vol 2!

Astonishing Member

I'm seconding the Mackay hope. Especially if say, we couldn't get a magic school title for Ayala for whatever reason and they have other plans, he'd be fantastic on a book about mutant magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    We need Jean Grey vol 2!
    YES PLEASE! "Jean Grey" written by Al Ewing, Artist: Russell Dauterman

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I'm seconding the Mackay hope. Especially if say, we couldn't get a magic school title for Ayala for whatever reason and they have other plans, he'd be fantastic on a book about mutant magic.
    He would definitely kill it on such a series. Honestly, he's currently my favorite writer for Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    YES PLEASE! "Jean Grey" written by Al Ewing, Artist: Russell Dauterman
    I want Iban Coello

Funko Reveals Brand New Juggernaut SODA Figure at 2022 New York Comic Con

https://twitter.com/OriginalFunko/st...k-comic-con%2F

Because you demanded it.

Fantastic Member

probbaly wont get announced at ny but hearing there might be two major huge comic writers defintely 100 percent at least 1 joining the x-men team in the coming year. Also have to figurebreevort wants ewing to lead the avengers book when aaron moves on so there might a few opening in the x-line. Nobody fault as the eternals never caught fire but sales on aex have been towards the low side and rumblings are that marvel has not been thrilled with x-sales since hickman left

Im going in with the expectations that theyll be a reshuffle after SOS.

Also that i'll get a Captain Britain series that will be taken over by another writer.

And that theyll cool it on the events.

But I will probably be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    probbaly wont get announced at ny but hearing there might be two major huge comic writers defintely 100 percent at least 1 joining the x-men team in the coming year. Also have to figurebreevort wants ewing to lead the avengers book when aaron moves on so there might a few opening in the x-line. Nobody fault as the eternals never caught fire but sales on aex have been towards the low side and rumblings are that marvel has not been thrilled with x-sales since hickman left
    This is HORRIBLE. Breevort is the one that got us stuck with this AXE event and NOW he wants to take Al Ewing from us?? This is blasphemy.