Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    The best the xbooks have been in years and the avengers office wants to strip-mine the X-men to make their “franchise” suckage more palatable again?
    That was the entire point of the AEX crossover, though some people here kept denying for some reason. They lost all momentum they got during Bendis and Hickman's runs.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Welp, some Hickman news just came in at NYCC but about his secret project with Valerio Schiti.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...hickman-reveal
    I have no idea what this could be, but those Schiti designs are gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    The best the xbooks have been in years and the avengers office wants to strip-mine the X-men to make their “franchise” suckage more palatable again?

I’ve overlooked the echo-as-phoenix thing and anything Bendis did. No more.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. Even if Ewing takes on the Avengers title it doesn't mean he can't still write Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. Even if Ewing takes on the Avengers title it doesn't mean he can't still write Red.
    Very true and hopefully this will be the case if he does indeed make the move.

Unrelated but it's kinda cool that we're getting X-news tomorrow and then hopefully on Monday the X Me Anything X-office responses. Perhaps there's a chance we'll get additional announcements/new info there as well.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Welp, some Hickman news just came in at NYCC but about his secret project with Valerio Schiti.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...hickman-reveal
    ugh! those designs look almost exactly like what his designs looked for for his substack stuff that made me lose interest. I am also starting to think these designs must be what the writers ask for an more specific than we think cause imo these character look bland, short haired emma frost and long haired tony stark but given sword and other projects we know schiti can bring more than this.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Announced today, Marvel will be working with Viz Media on 3 new manga titles in 2023. One will feature a popular mutant.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/cult...w-manga-titles

WOLVERINE: SNIKT!
    Story and Art by Tsutomu Nihei
    Release Date: June 13, 2023

Tsutomu Nihei takes Wolverine to a desolate new dimension in Wolverine: Snikt!

Wolverine stands as the lone hope of the few remaining humans in a desolate wasteland as they fight to survive against robotic organisms. Will he manage to save the day and keep his own humanity, or will he lose himself to his berserker rage and bring on extinction?

There's also a Spider-Man title and a tribute art title that will feature over 20 Japanese artists and their renditions of Marvel characters.

That’s actually not new. Came out in 2003. They’re just re-releasing it it seems in deluxe format.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    That was the entire point of the AEX crossover, though some people here kept denying for some reason. They lost all momentum they got during Bendis and Hickman's runs.
    If your going to talk crap about something make sure you use the right spelling. Otherwise it comes across as you talking crap without reading it. Some of us are actually enjoying it so please stop crapping on what other people like. Its good to have your ow opinion, its not ok to crap on something just to crap on it. If you cant say it in a nice way then don't say it at all.

Fantastic Member Ulysian_Thracs's Avatar

Announced today, Marvel will be working with Viz Media on 3 new manga titles in 2023. One will feature a popular mutant.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/cult...w-manga-titles

WOLVERINE: SNIKT!
    Story and Art by Tsutomu Nihei
    Release Date: June 13, 2023

Tsutomu Nihei takes Wolverine to a desolate new dimension in Wolverine: Snikt!

Wolverine stands as the lone hope of the few remaining humans in a desolate wasteland as they fight to survive against robotic organisms. Will he manage to save the day and keep his own humanity, or will he lose himself to his berserker rage and bring on extinction?

There's also a Spider-Man title and a tribute art title that will feature over 20 Japanese artists and their renditions of Marvel characters.
    Oh great! More Logan. We don't see nearly enough of him! (Sarcasm...)
    I'm not totally useless. I can always be used as a bad example...

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysian_Thracs View Post
    Oh great! More Logan. We don't see nearly enough of him! (Sarcasm...)
    He sells and whether people like it or not he's by far the most popular X-Man so it just makes business sense. To be clear I'm not a fan of oversaturation of any character but I get the reasoning for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    He sells and whether people like it or not he's by far the most popular X-Man so it just makes business sense. To be clear I'm not a fan of oversaturation of any character but I get the reasoning for it.
    He is popular and for many years I was a big fan. I am still a Logan fan, but it's not just the oversaturation that lessened my interest. It's how he's done just about everything a melee DPS lone wolf can do, and then done it two or three more times for good measure. Just my personal opinion, but I'd rather see him in more supporting roles doing new and interesting things outside brood, snark, SNICKT, crappy parent/friend/mentor, pine after Jean and rival Cyclops.

And I've always thought the sales thing is kinda the chicken or the egg. Any character who gets the right push in a good story is going to be popular and sell books. But the X-Office has their favorites (and least favorites) and uses the same characters over and over again, either in stories they don't really fit and have to be shoehorned into or, even worse, clearly making a story fit that character and force the plot around the character instead. (Jean is another one I find so problematic because her power set is 'whatever the writers want it to be to beat the bad guy in a frame or two'. IMO seeing the same dozen characters over and over again (IMO) props up lazy storytelling that relies on the same story over and over with a different bad guy. And that's sad because I love these characterrs and I want better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    probbaly wont get announced at ny but hearing there might be two major huge comic writers defintely 100 percent at least 1 joining the x-men team in the coming year. Also have to figurebreevort wants ewing to lead the avengers book when aaron moves on so there might a few opening in the x-line. Nobody fault as the eternals never caught fire but sales on aex have been towards the low side and rumblings are that marvel has not been thrilled with x-sales since hickman left
    I'm not really surprised that Marvel hasn't been thrilled with X-Men sales. They were told in the clearest way possible that people want more Polaris, and they responded to that news by not putting her on covers, only using her for half of her year on X-Men, excluding her from an attempted genocide and her father's death, and now they're sending her off to space so she's not around while they write the fallout of all that. To say they don't know what they're doing is an understatement.

Knowing the way Marvel thinks, the "popular mutant" is probably Cheeser the Cheese Man from a single issue in 1975 that a writer or editor at the company really likes. Their definition of popular is always "whatever I personally like regardless of what anyone outside of me says."
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I'm not really surprised that Marvel hasn't been thrilled with X-Men sales. They were told in the clearest way possible that people want more Polaris, and they responded to that news by not putting her on covers, only using her for half of her year on X-Men, excluding her from an attempted genocide and her father's death, and now they're sending her off to space so she's not around while they write the fallout of all that. To say they don't know what they're doing is an understatement.

Knowing the way Marvel thinks, the "popular mutant" is probably Cheeser the Cheese Man from a single issue in 1975 that a writer or editor at the company really likes. Their definition of popular is always "whatever I personally like regardless of what anyone outside of me says."
    It really would be an incredibly poor choice for them not to give Lorna the time she deserves for her reaction and mourning of her father. That would be very annoying.

Regarding Logan, it kinda tickles me seeing him pop up often. I love the little nugget - I wouldn't say I'm a diehard but I enjoy when he's around and I missed him while "dead." Before resurrection protocol dead.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    I can't agree with this more! It is like the X-Office is writing their personal fan fiction instead of what the fans tell them over and over again that they want.

It really would be an incredibly poor choice for them not to give Lorna the time she deserves for her reaction and mourning of her father. That would be very annoying.

Regarding Logan, it kinda tickles me seeing him pop up often. I love the little nugget - I wouldn't say I'm a diehard but I enjoy when he's around and I missed him while "dead." Before resurrection protocol dead.
    Really, unless there’s anything with Krakoa in the upcoming Scarlet Witch solo, they really won’t give us anything of any of his children mourning him.

Speaking of which, anyone else noticing a pattern that a member of the House of M has died after the Hellfire Gala 2 consecutive years?
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 10-07-2022 at 07:16 PM.