Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That’s actually not new. Came out in 2003. They’re just re-releasing it it seems in deluxe format.
    Was wondering if it was the same or if they hired the artist again for another round.

Now i also remember that awkward attempt at a shoujo style harem genre mini staring Kitty Pryde.

Talking about manga attempts at using Wolverine. Ever since reading Blade of the Immortal i feel like any new manga with Logan is just going to fall flat for me.

Obviously they are not the same character, but to me there are simply too many archetypical similarities between the two, that i can't help but draw parallels and with that measure a Wolverine manga to it.

And 20+ volume drawn in a stand out art style, with a ton of action and interesting characters is hard to beat. Especialy since Marvel would likely just pay for a 6 issue (barely one volume) mini series with a pointless or none-sensical story.

So as far as manga takes on X-men characters go, i would give a lot of others a chance before another Wolverine one.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-07-2022 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It really would be an incredibly poor choice for them not to give Lorna the time she deserves for her reaction and mourning of her father. That would be very annoying.

Regarding Logan, it kinda tickles me seeing him pop up often. I love the little nugget - I wouldn't say I'm a diehard but I enjoy when he's around and I missed him while "dead." Before resurrection protocol dead.
    To be fair they never showed Rogue's reaction to Destiny being resurrected. I thought that was a sure thing but it never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    To be fair they never showed Rogue's reaction to Destiny being resurrected. I thought that was a sure thing but it never happened.
    Yeah that's true. They went straight into Destiny insulting their marriage.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. Even if Ewing takes on the Avengers title it doesn't mean he can't still write Red.
    Tom Brevoort recently posted on his blog that the next Avengers creative team is already at work; Al Ewing also confirmed on Twitter he's continuing on X-Men Red. I do think he's a likely candidate for Avengers, especially now that his plate has been mostly cleared of creator-owned work and Marvel minis, but that doesn't mean he couldn't also continue writing Red.

Although as much as I love the Avengers, my preference would be for Ewing to take over another mutant book tbh.

Today is the day!

Today is the day!

It's gonna be a long wait until this afternoon.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Today is the day!

LOL love it! I'm not holding my breath for major announcements, yesterday's DC panel has been a total disappointment, but hey, worst-case scenario we have the January solicits coming up at the end of the month

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    LOL love it! I'm not holding my breath for major announcements, yesterday's DC panel has been a total disappointment, but hey, worst-case scenario we have the January solicits coming up at the end of the month
    Not that it seems anything really interesting is going to happen in january.

For me there is zero interest in SOS so I'm most likely going to be disappointed with the panel, but I hope there will be at least some announcement that I can get excited about.

They still haven't revealed their plans for Rogue (which JDW teased two months ago now) so maybe they'll talk about it today *fingers crossed*
    Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I'm trying to be optimistic

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Not that it seems anything really interesting is going to happen in january.
    Haven’t all the January solicits already leaked?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    It's gonna be a long wait until this afternoon.
    I went to the gym for a long workout to kill lots of time and it's still hours and hours away!

Haha same, we'll see what they give us. I remain hopeful for interesting news but also prepared for nothing great. We also have what will hopefully be a good X-Men Monday in two days with answers to fan questions from the entire X-Office.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    They still haven't revealed their plans for Rogue (which JDW teased two months ago now) so maybe they'll talk about it today *fingers crossed*
    Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I'm trying to be optimistic
    I wondered if Duggan was talking about her appearance/role in Captain Marvel, which I believe she's in quite a few issues. Hopefully not though and he was talking something X-related.

What time is the panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    What time is the panel?
    It will be from 4:00PM – 5:00PM EST. GeneTitan should be popping in to hit us with info and I'm going to try and find out if anyone else is doing livestream posting. AIPT's twitter will likely be there as well.

It will be from 4:00PM – 5:00PM EST. GeneTitan should be popping in to hit us with info and I'm going to try and find out if anyone else is doing livestream posting. AIPT's twitter will likely be there as well.
    Nice. Thanks.