Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Can Joseph be brought back? *spoilers*

No more risk of redundancy !

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    No more risk of redundancy !
    If not, Astra is going to BURN KRAKOA TO THE GROUND or something !

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    If not, Astra is going to BURN KRAKOA TO THE GROUND or something !
    Nah, keep Astra on the back burner a while longer, she can wait... Bring back Zala Dane and make her frenemies with Lorna Dane
    Last edited by Micabe; 10-06-2022 at 04:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

There was never a true limitation to who could be brought back. If a writer wants to use a dead character they would come up with a quick/cheap excuse to explain why the protocol suddently counts for them or have them come back via other means anyway.

The only question is if any writer wants it or if there is enough interest from readers to see the character come back?

Joseph is a temporary character from the 90's who's story got completely wrapped up not long after his creation. Any return afterwards was just diminishing to the character's original story and was met with apathy or downright negativity by the readers

So yes he can come back. But he shouldn't. Let the poor guy rest.

Magneto is comming back anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    There was never a true limitation to who could be brought back. If a writer wants to use a dead character they would come up with a quick/cheap excuse to explain why the protocol suddently counts for them or have them come back via other means anyway.

The only question is if any writer wants it or if there is enough interest from readers to see the character come back?

Joseph is a temporary character from the 90's who's story got completely wrapped up not long after his creation. Any return afterwards was just diminishing to the character's original story and was met with apathy or downright negativity by the readers

So yes he can come back. But he shouldn't. Let the poor guy rest.

Magneto is comming back anyway.
    Bah , why are bigoted against Joseph ?! If all the other famous X-clones could come back in the Krakoa era (Stryfe, Maddie) —- and other famous Marvel clones , such as the Spider-Bros came back in recent years —- why not Joseph (as well as Evan, but that’s a topic for another time)

They replaced the OG Kraven with Boba Fett - Kraven because they wanted to respect the classic story while at the same time maintaining a Kraven in the Spiderbooks , so the same setup would work for the Xbox’s with Joseph and Evan

Could he? Of course! Should he? That's debatable. I'm personally not against it.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Joseph died an honorable death in Rosenberg’s Uncanny X-Men. Or something.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Joseph died an honorable death in Rosenberg’s Uncanny X-Men. Or something.
    Lol, nothing more “honorable” than losing your head mid-sentence.

Is there a mutant in Krakoa who is Omega level at creating mullet haircuts? I’d see that as the main blocker to bringing Joseph back.

Didn't he have just long hair and not a mullet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Nah, keep Astra on the back burner a while longer, she can wait... Bring back Zala Dane and make her frenemies with Lorna Dane
    Why not both though ? They're not mutually exclusive.
    Make it like Armor wars or Wolverines or that Captain america story and make them fight for the Magneto title ! It honestly could be fun !

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    Lol, nothing more “honorable” than losing your head mid-sentence.

This is the ONE thing that Kwannon has ever done that I do not approve of tsk tsk tsk

They wasted the opportunity to redeem the Magneto-puffjob that was Joseph's villainous resurrection , which was already character-assassination by giving him the exact opposite personality of his original personality in order to make Magneto look heroic again tsk tsk tsk

No thank you.

What Magneto's temporary death(lol) should do is give Lorna a modern presence not under her fathers thumb like in ANXF.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

We have a ton of characters who could do great things, and having one less big name will give some of them the chance to shine. I'd rather those characters get that chance, than having a literal Magneto clone get it. In fact, we should kill off more characters. Literally kill off everyone until my favorites are guaranteed spots in books.

Other than that, I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Joey back in a small capacity. He's his own character and has the right to get page time, but I wouldn't want him as a major player. We don't need a character to completely take over Magneto's role, since that would cheapen Mags' death.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Amazing Member

I haven't been a fan of Joseph but I have only read his more recent stuff where he is basically just a Evil Magneto clone but as I understand it he wasn't always like that so if he is brought him back as he has been recently I wouldn't like it but I do tend to think there is potential if they brought back with more of his original character.