Spectacular Member

Default Are there any good indie comics that are like the Batman series?

Are there any good indie comics that are like DC's Batman series? I like the premise of Batman, but DC Comics constantly pushes the envelope to draw in new readers, and that often leads to stories that don't really make sense and more amount to "check out how strong our heroes are" or "check out how edgy and intimidating the new villain design is!" I prefer the Elseworlds to the main series usually, because at least they focus on character development and telling a good story instead of just making pieces fit together.

Are there any good indie comics that have the spirit of the DC Elseworlds?

Since you like both the regular version of Batman & all of his counterparts from ElseWorlds, my recommendation would be...

Zorro VS. Dracula

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-06-2022 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

If you’ve not read it already you might enjoy the old “Legends of the Dark Knight” DC series…okay it’s is DC Batman and not the indie series you asked for, but probably has the “vibe” you are looking for…basically selected writer/artists were invited to tell any Batman story they saw fit…a long story arc would be 4 issues, and each story had a beginning, middle, and ending.

I thought it was very good.

^^^I know, right?! Your post reminded me of the time DC Comics invited Stan Lee to write his version of The Batman

Last edited by K7P5V; 10-07-2022 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Spectacular Member

LOL! I'm kind of familiar with Stan Lee's version of the DC superheroes. I guess I really like DC because they focus on their villains and minor characters in ways that other comics don't, especially in Elseworlds. The heroes aren't always the main focus. Side characters and villains get interesting stories, too. There's also this pretty clear morality that colors the characters' personalities and actions. Heroes are heroes, villains are villains, anti-heroes are anti-heroes. Even though they have complex personalities, characters mainly stick to their roles, making them larger than life.
    Last edited by kcomics; 10-11-2022 at 08:30 PM.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I'd reccomend Shadowhawk by Jim Valentino. I'd argue you it was probably the strongest comic out of all the initial Image titles.

All-New Member

yes i'm one of the fun of the serie.

https://geektyrant.com/news/noone-is...e-reality-game

This comic reminds me of Batman. It's a cool superhero crime story.