View Poll Results: if Mj, in a period she's not with Peter, ends up with another hero, which one ?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daredevil

0 0%
  • Johnny Storm

2 9.52%
  • Luke Cage

2 9.52%
  • Gambit

1 4.76%
  • Hawkeye

1 4.76%
  • Tony Stark

2 9.52%
  • Black Panther

0 0%
  • Wolverine

2 9.52%
  • Namor

1 4.76%
  • some other (write the name in comments

12 57.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    MJ didn't have an affair, she flirted with a co-worker but there was nothing serious, and she went back to Peter again anyway.

She had a near-affair in the 90s during Conway's run on Web, but she was so emotionally distraught by it that she made it quite clear to that person Peter meant more to her.
    I'm not talking about Jesome Jerome

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maryjane View Post
    I don't remember (I could search the name, but it's not necessary I think)... it was an annual, in the civil war period... Mj meet the man who was her bodyguard when she and Peter were separated... he's now an agent, trying to arrrest Peter... at the end Mj confess that she and him have....
    Yet did Peter try and see anyone during that time as well?

BANNED

I'm not talking about Jesome Jerome
    I just told you that was just flirtation and didn't go anywhere. MJ just called him "a dude" in that story

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Yet did Peter try and see anyone during that time as well?
    He's talking about Matt Fraction and 'To Have and to Hold'. the story that arguably defines the marriage the most in the 21st century, and no, Peter didn't have an affair during their separation.
    Last edited by Matt Rat; 10-12-2022 at 07:25 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by matt rat View Post
    i just told you that was just flirtation and didn't go anywhere. Mj just called him "a dude" in that story
    i am not taling about the blonde actor. She's had an affair with her bodyguard a few time later, when they were separated. And yes, they have had sex.

i am not taling about the blonde actor. She's had an affair with her bodyguard a few time later, when they were separated. And yes, they have had sex.
    Think you're making this up dude

Fantastic Member

MJ said they almost had a lonely drunk hook up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spiderlink View Post
    MJ said they almost had a lonely drunk hook up.
    Peter : no, don't worry, bla bla, you've not to apologize....

Mj : ...but that guy.... I know him from L.a. , ...and...

she's about to confess something... she feels guilty... she's hesitant... that "AND..." she says is more worthy than a thousand words... for what ? for an almost hook up ? ... I think that this passage, as well as all the episode's atmosphere, is telling us that it has happened far more between the 2. Anyway yes, she does not tell explicitly "Peter, that guy fu*ked me" ... it's marvel, many of this things have to be understood, they do not tell... this let open a different interpretation, so yours is good too

do you both realize that a married man or woman can always have an affair ? Mary Jane herself has had one, while she was still married to Peter... they were separated, but officially married
    Yes I do. I’m 40 years old, been in the same relationship for 10 years and married for 2. Any married hero still should have been automatically left off this list. To just wave it away as “It happens” is a pretty scummy way to think.

As far as the specific issue goes, I just read it. Mary Jane says “Almost hookup” Almost being the keyword. Mary Jane didn’t cheat on Peter.
    Last edited by hoth82; 10-12-2022 at 11:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Black Cat.
    There you go. There it is. Stop the thread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    Mary Jane says “Almost hookup” Almost being the keyword. Mary Jane didn’t cheat on Peter.
    and a lady like Mj, who seems to "almost hookup" with a lot of people (without doing anything), in this case does not find the words to tell Peter what has happened, she hesitate, she stopped after that "AND" like she's afraid of his reaction and she doesn't feel good about it. if it was "almost hookup", the writer of the story would have let her complete the sentence... if he has not, if he has stopped her after that "and" and he has written so many ellipsis on her sentence... it means that he wanted to, at last, plant a doubt in the reader and in the situation... it's how marvel works, quite often, in this cases, the situation is left open to interpretation, so that every reader can understand it as he wants... mine is that she has done, yours that she hasn't.

and a lady like Mj, who seems to "almost hookup" with a lot of people (without doing anything), in this case does not find the words to tell Peter what has happened, she hesitate, she stopped after that "AND" like she's afraid of his reaction and she doesn't feel good about it. if it was "almost hookup", the writer of the story would have let her complete the sentence... if he has not, if he has stopped her after that "and" and he has written so many ellipsis on her sentence... it means that he wanted to, at last, plant a doubt in the reader and in the situation... it's how marvel works, quite often, in this cases, the situation is left open to interpretation, so that every reader can understand it as he wants... mine is that she has done, yours that she hasn't.

read it too. It's pretty clear she didn't

BANNED

read it too. It's pretty clear she didn't
    oh my god... read the whole story, not just a sentence. The pictures they put of them (she and the agent) in the middle of the scenes, how they are done, the faces expressions, the body language. Look at Mary Jane's discomfort managing the situation. Read again the last page, when she's telling Peter who that man was. Marvel often do not say everything, it's up to the reader. The sentence you've said seems to say that she hadn't, the rhythm of the whole story and the subtext seems to say that she had. It happens quite often, I remember a similar thing between Susan and Namor and between many others.

oh my god... read the whole story, not just a sentence. The pictures they put of them (she and the agent) in the middle of the scenes, how they are done, the faces expressions, the body language. Look at Mary Jane's discomfort managing the situation. Read again the last page, when she's telling Peter who that man was. Marvel often do not say everything, it's up to the reader. The sentence you've said seems to say that she hadn't, the rhythm of the whole story and the subtext seems to say that she had. It happens quite often, I remember a similar thing between Susan and Namor and between many others.
    Never happened sorry

BANNED

Never happened sorry
    ok. I give up. I'm not so good at understaning when I should stop replying because who I'm talking to simply do not want to listen and think. But you've been a good teacher next time I'll stop earlier. The last thing I want to say, is that if you need only written things and you do not pay attention to subtext or the unsaid, you're losing so much of the beauty of marvel comics... a pity, in the end, I'm the one who's sorry.

I would put her with Balder, thor brother because i feel not only would he appreciate her if written well the level of importance and support she gives to so many characters would take him to odin tier with her as his freiya.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/