View Poll Results: if Mj, in a period she's not with Peter, ends up with another hero, which one ?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daredevil

0 0%
  • Johnny Storm

2 9.52%
  • Luke Cage

2 9.52%
  • Gambit

1 4.76%
  • Hawkeye

1 4.76%
  • Tony Stark

2 9.52%
  • Black Panther

0 0%
  • Wolverine

2 9.52%
  • Namor

1 4.76%
  • some other (write the name in comments

12 57.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In this instance I don't think it would be worth ruining his and Peter's friendship.
    This is comics. We all know it wouldn't be ruined forever. If Ben could forgive Johnny, Pete certainly could.

Well, that run was known for it's out there moments .
    Yeah, so Clint taking an interest in MJ is certainly less out there than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    I know a duck who likes redheads......
    Oh, I would certainly be down with this, too!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Or Otto having sex with Anna Maria in Peter's body...
    Or when Ghost Spidey was trying to tell Otto to not break up with MJ, when she really shouldn't be dating Spidey when someone else is taking over his body.

(Superior Spider-Man#2).

It's even stupider considering in the same issue he was happy when MJ rejected Otto lol.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Yeah, so Clint taking an interest in MJ is certainly less out there than that.
    Still though, just because we had garbage like Superior, doesn't mean it should be okay to accept when more nonsense is made lol.

Though yeah, Hawkeye and MJ dating isn't really comparable with any of the garbage in Superior, it's at worst, a weird idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Though yeah, Hawkeye and MJ dating isn't really comparable with any of the garbage in Superior, it's at worst, a weird idea.
    I'm still confused as to how it's weird. If Pete can date Mockingbird, I don't see how this is any weirder.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I'm still confused as to how it's weird. If Pete can date Mockingbird, I don't see how this is any weirder.
    "At worst" is a weird idea, meaning even if it happens, it's not necessarily bad.

In the same way I find Spidey to have dated the Bobbi to have been weird, but the idea itself isn't bad, but the execution was ass.

Or when Ghost Spidey was trying to tell Otto to not break up with MJ, when she really shouldn't be dating Spidey when someone else is taking over his body.

(Superior Spider-Man#2).

It's even stupider considering in the same issue he was happy when MJ rejected Otto lol.
    MJ deserves better than Doc Ock trying to get into her pants and then suddenly dumping her for sudden moral reasons and basically forgetting she exists.

BANNED

If Pete can date Mockingbird, I don't see how this is any weirder.
    Pete and Mockingbird didn't have anything in common and realized that very quickly though, hardly a good example. It'd be a fling and that's it.

MJ deserves better than Doc Ock trying to get into her pants and then suddenly dumping her for sudden moral reasons and basically forgetting she exists.
    Better that than him remembering she exists and continue trying to do rape by impersonation lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Pete and Mockingbird didn't have anything in common and realized that very quickly though, hardly a good example. It'd be a fling and that's it.
    They only had nothing in common because Slott wrote Bobbi in a way she had nothing in common with him, when generally she's actually pretty similar to him in a few ways lol.

Extraordinary Member

"At worst" is a weird idea, meaning even if it happens, it's not necessarily bad.

In the same way I find Spidey to have dated the Bobbi to have been weird, but the idea itself isn't bad, but the execution was ass.
    Fair enough. Execution's generally more important than just about anything else.

Fair enough. Execution's generally more important than just about anything else.
    Yep, the idea of Spidey is a really dumb hero, yet he's top 2 most popular hero on the planet on his worst days, that's how much execution matters lol.

BANNED

One of these heroes is off the table for now

spoilers:
    Matt married Electra today in Daredevil#4
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    One of these heroes is off the table for now

spoilers:
    Matt married Electra today in Daredevil#4
    end of spoilers
    Several of these heroes would be off the list already for that exact same reason.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hoth82 View Post
    Several of these heroes would be off the list already for that exact same reason.
    do you both realize that a married man or woman can always have an affair ? Mary Jane herself has had one, while she was still married to Peter... they were separated, but officially married

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maryjane View Post
    do you both realize that a married man or woman can always have an affair ? Mary Jane herself has had one, while she was still married to Peter... they were separated, but officially married
    Who was the writer on the book at the time

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maryjane View Post
    MJ didn't have an affair, she flirted with a co-worker but there was nothing serious, and she went back to Peter again anyway.

She had a near-affair in the 90s during Conway's run on Web, but she was so emotionally distraught by it that she made it quite clear to that person Peter meant more to her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Who was the writer on the book at the time
    I don't remember (I could search the name, but it's not necessary I think)... it was an annual, in the civil war period... Mj meet the man who was her bodyguard when she and Peter were separated... he's now an agent, trying to arrrest Peter... at the end Mj confess that she and him have....