Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last edited by Diammandis; 10-06-2022 at 08:32 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I love people figuring out that they can just loophole abuse Isca's powers because she has absolutely zero control over herself when theyre being used. Shes like a reverse Darwin: she always wins, but the way she wins can be exploited.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I love people figuring out that they can just loophole abuse Isca's powers because she has absolutely zero control over herself when theyre being used. Shes like a reverse Darwin: she always wins, but the way she wins can be exploited.
    Was kinda bound to happen when they introduced a character with such a playground battle power. It's just a setup to abuse it or find wiggle room to have her get defeated eventualy.

Astonishing Member

Isca keeps taking well deserved Ls.

BANNED

Wasn’t the current Idyll a female ?!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Isca keeps taking well deserved Ls.
    She's the Arakko Starscream

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    Wasn’t the current Idyll a female ?!
    Yes she was indeed
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I haven't been following Isca, so I'm not sure I get what's happening here. So I'm going to summarize what I'm seeing, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Isca's power is to always be on the winning team. So Nightcrawler straight-up murders her and mocks her as she dies. Now that she's dead, she can't be on any side.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobinator View Post
    I haven't been following Isca, so I'm not sure I get what's happening here. So I'm going to summarize what I'm seeing, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Isca's power is to always be on the winning team. So Nightcrawler straight-up murders her and mocks her as she dies. Now that she's dead, she can't be on any side.
    Not Quite.

As far as I understand Isca's powers, she cannot be beaten. Her physical and mental capabilities, as well as the laws of probability, all bend towards ensuring that she comes out ahead in any challenge, contest, or conflict. She could likely defeat the Hulk in a contest of Strength, Quicksilver in a contest of Speed, or Reed Richards in a contest of Intellect. Even in large scale conflicts like a battle or war that cannot be won individually, she will simply switch allegiances to be on the "winning" side.
    However, as recently demonstrated,, she has shown a weaknesses for trickery. What Nightcrawler is doing now, and what Sunspot has done before, is manipulating Isca into a contest where she technically "wins" an inconsequential or hollow victory, while losing out on a broader scale. It's pretty much the only way to write an "Always Wins" power with any degree of dramatic tension.

She doesn't die here (she still has more story to tell), but it is satisfying to see a character that has been presented as frustratingly arrogant and overconfident get taken down a peg.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobinator View Post

Read X-Men Red for spoiler...

Anyway, I kind of feel bad for Isca. Her powers control her and she has no control at all.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackroom View Post
    Not Quite.

As far as I understand Isca's powers, she cannot be beaten. Her physical and mental capabilities, as well as the laws of probability, all bend towards ensuring that she comes out ahead in any challenge, contest, or conflict. She could likely defeat the Hulk in a contest of Strength, Quicksilver in a contest of Speed, or Reed Richards in a contest of Intellect. Even in large scale conflicts like a battle or war that cannot be won individually, she will simply switch allegiances to be on the "winning" side.
    However, as recently demonstrated,, she has shown a weaknesses for trickery. What Nightcrawler is doing now, and what Sunspot has done before, is manipulating Isca into a contest where she technically "wins" an inconsequential or hollow victory, while losing out on a broader scale. It's pretty much the only way to write an "Always Wins" power with any degree of dramatic tension.

She doesn't die here (she still has more story to tell), but it is satisfying to see a character that has been presented as frustratingly arrogant and overconfident get taken down a peg.
    Very well said.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Yes she was indeed
    Then why’d Kurt get her pronouns wrong and refer to her as “he”?!

Quote Originally Posted by EldonMaguan View Post
    Then why’d Kurt get her pronouns wrong and refer to her as “he”?!
    ??? Sorry but what part of the preview are you referring to?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    ??? Sorry but what part of the preview are you referring to?
    Kurt says "You killed Idyll?! HE was your ally."

Either a lettering goof or a mistake on Spurrier's part, slipped past editorial either way. Awkward.