Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Well, so far I'm still glad I decided to skip this 'event'.
    As much as I love Waid's writing, and have been picking up the Batman VS Robin mini - this just didn't interest me in the slightest.
    And as more one-shots and minis were announced I realised I dodged a bullet.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The crowbar looks so out of place there.
    Never was a big fan of Red Hood, but crowbar thing just kills him completely for me. And it is potentially more lethal since writers can always explain the he is using some non-lethal bullets, but getting hit in the head with a crowbar? Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Never was a big fan of Red Hood, but crowbar thing just kills him completely for me. And it is potentially more lethal since writers can always explain the he is using some non-lethal bullets, but getting hit in the head with a crowbar? Good luck.
    He’s back to using guns again lol. In Rosenberg’s Joker book that is.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Deadeye’s identity reveal was unexpected I’ll give you that
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

So let’s talk about what happened in today’s issue, because primarily it was all new/newish characters who got the spotlight this time around. No doubt to set a few of them up for upcoming arcs or series.

We got The Vigil, Flatline, Red Canary, and the all-new Deadeye who may be more important then we thought.

So the Vigil is Ram V’s all new team, he’s been pretty clear that they will appear in Detective Comics and later their own series that hasn’t been officially announced but that he’s shown off on Twitter. They are basically a new team of mysterious vigilantes who have something to do with the Lazarus Resin from the Task Force Z run. Basically an introduction and establishing maybe they will work with red hood.

Flatline is basically definitely setting up Damian Wayne stories in the future. Why I say that is because Flatline is constantly talking about their relationship and because of the Lazarus rain her powers get changed that she actually brings someone close to Damian back to life…no not Alfred, they wouldn’t randomly resurrected Alfred in a short story starring only Flatline. But it’s definitely a familiar and well known face.

Red Canary basically fills in the gaps from Dark Crisis, we finally get to know about her including her actual name (it’s Sienna) and her life. Also she gets to do a fun little adventure with Sideways as they deal with stuff running amuck thanks to Lazarus. So basically learning more about her in anticipation of her likely appearance in Green Arrow.

Finally Deadeye. Now I didn’t really have interest going into the story, but once I finished I wanted to know more. This is a new character but he’s got some big ties to the DC Universe that I’m assuming will come into play given teases.

spoilers:
    So it turns out, Deadeye is actually Amanda Waller’s nephew. Apparently he used to work for her in A.R.G.U.S., utilizing his spy and soldier skills with telepathic abilities. However he doesn’t appear to be working together, they’ve long since had a falling out since he doesn’t really like her and is one of the few people I’ve seen get away with telling her f**k you.

Oh and he also confirms she’s still on Earth-3. Not that it really matters but I guess dc is still running with her controlling Earth-3. Assuming we will see Deadeye again once the Waller story teased in Dark Crisis goes down.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So let’s talk about what happened in today’s issue, because primarily it was all new/newish characters who got the spotlight this time around. No doubt to set a few of them up for upcoming arcs or series.

We got The Vigil, Flatline, Red Canary, and the all-new Deadeye who may be more important then we thought.

So the Vigil is Ram V’s all new team, he’s been pretty clear that they will appear in Detective Comics and later their own series that hasn’t been officially announced but that he’s shown off on Twitter. They are basically a new team of mysterious vigilantes who have something to do with the Lazarus Resin from the Task Force Z run. Basically an introduction and establishing maybe they will work with red hood.

Flatline is basically definitely setting up Damian Wayne stories in the future. Why I say that is because Flatline is constantly talking about their relationship and because of the Lazarus rain her powers get changed that she actually brings someone close to Damian back to life…no not Alfred, they wouldn’t randomly resurrected Alfred in a short story starring only Flatline. But it’s definitely a familiar and well known face.

Red Canary basically fills in the gaps from Dark Crisis, we finally get to know about her including her actual name (it’s Sienna) and her life. Also she gets to do a fun little adventure with Sideways as they deal with stuff running amuck thanks to Lazarus. So basically learning more about her in anticipation of her likely appearance in Green Arrow.

Finally Deadeye. Now I didn’t really have interest going into the story, but once I finished I wanted to know more. This is a new character but he’s got some big ties to the DC Universe that I’m assuming will come into play given teases.

spoilers:
    So it turns out, Deadeye is actually Amanda Waller’s nephew. Apparently he used to work for her in A.R.G.U.S., utilizing his spy and soldier skills with telepathic abilities. However he doesn’t appear to be working together, they’ve long since had a falling out since he doesn’t really like her and is one of the few people I’ve seen get away with telling her f**k you.

Oh and he also confirms she’s still on Earth-3. Not that it really matters but I guess dc is still running with her controlling Earth-3. Assuming we will see Deadeye again once the Waller story teased in Dark Crisis goes down.
    end of spoilers
    I'm hoping Red Hood gets a rematch with Vigil. I liked the other segments too but Dead eye is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm hoping Red Hood gets a rematch with Vigil. I liked the other segments too but Dead eye is my favorite.
    Depends on if Jason will be available for Detective Comics and the Vigil series.
    Words to live by.

Overall it was another good issue with interesting stories. Really liked Deadeye's and Red Canary's.

I didn’t enjoy this issue too much. I was expecting more from The Vigil and all the others were pretty meh.
    I’m disappointed at how unoriginal Red Canary is. Just the basic college student with an annoying roommate. And despite teases, she didn’t even get powers from this. If she had an original ability maybe she could stand out more.

Most of this books are just boring as hell. And i have yet to see a bunch of the powers shown in the teasers appear in the actual books.

Some characters are in the covers but not in the stories.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I didn’t enjoy this issue too much. I was expecting more from The Vigil and all the others were pretty meh.
    I’m disappointed at how unoriginal Red Canary is. Just the basic college student with an annoying roommate. And despite teases, she didn’t even get powers from this. If she had an original ability maybe she could stand out more.
    Talking to birds could be fun to have.

I don't mind her as a new character, I just wished we got to this reveal sooner. It's similar to Duke's renaming as the Signal, the more they dragged it out the more underwhelming the reveal was.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-07-2023 at 05:27 PM.

The Vigil and Deadeye have my interest, rest were meh.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Deadeye is neat so is his connection to Waller. I like that Hood is back in his original look but dear god ditch that crowbar. Have him melt it down into a pair of guns or something

Quote Originally Posted by dornwolf View Post
    Deadeye is neat so is his connection to Waller. I like that Hood is back in his original look but dear god ditch that crowbar. Have him melt it down into a pair of guns or something
    Where is he even pulling the crowbar from ?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Where is he even pulling the crowbar from ?
    Art made it look like he had it strapped to his leg