Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I don't.

His comments on the 5 Questions interviews when Gail's run was starting showed he totally understood where he went wrong in Kingdom Come and he mentioned that people didn't get what he was ultimately trying to say because they started making that her default characterization. Further he doesn't seem to have a problem with WW's power levels the way so many seem to and his League run had some mighty excellent WW moments which Gail built on during her run. Waid and Busiek are the best DC has ever had IMHO
    When he wrote WW with powergirl in brave and the bold. powergirl one shotted WW. So he does have a problem with WW's power level. He doesn't want to portray her as the powerhouse she should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Well, now we know what Wonder Woman's going to be up to for this. She might not get turned to mud, but it's still a load of hot garbage.

DC events...expect nothing. Get even less.
    It's hard to call it "hot garbage" when we haven't even read it, but I'll grant you a lack of faith in Wilson because of her previous handling of the character and the fact that Diana is being poised as a forced antagonist for Billy and Yara.
    Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    brave and the bold? That crummy comic where he had PG one shotting Diana like a weaklink? Sigh
    When he wrote WW with powergirl in brave and the bold. powergirl one shotted WW. So he does have a problem with WW's power level. He doesn't want to portray her as the powerhouse she should be.
    One instance of PG one-shotting her when Diana was generally portrayed well and in-character the entire issue?

I mean, it's not like Simone had her conventionally overpower PG either.

There is one bit of good news buried there though - the replacement for the Young Diana backups is Mary Marvel, in a continuation of her New Champion of Shazam mini. So that mini must be doing well enough.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's hard to call it "hot garbage" when we haven't even read it, but I'll grant you a lack of faith in Wilson because of her previous handling of the character and the fact that Diana is being poised as a forced antagonist for Billy and Yara.

One instance of PG one-shotting her when Diana was generally portrayed well and in-character the entire issue?

I mean, it's not like Simone had her conventionally overpower PG either.
    Because thank God, Simone knows that Diana is meant to be a powerhouse. waid on the other hand. He portrays WW as a weaklink. You think PG oneshoting WW is ok?
    Last edited by WonderLight789; 12-02-2022 at 04:48 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    There is one bit of good news buried there though - the replacement for the Young Diana backups is Mary Marvel, in a continuation of her New Champion of Shazam mini. So that mini must be doing well enough.
    But why does she need to take up backup space in Diana's book then? Why not just give her a proper one-shot? That'd be more pages than what she's getting from the two backups. Idk, this announcement does not enthuse me. I don't hate on GWW as much as some other WW fans, but I hope she can add some gravitas and excitement to this mini because her previous attempts were middle of the road, at best, even with amazing Xermanico art for a lot of her run.

Because thank God, Simone knows that Diana is meant to be a powerhouse. waid on the other hand. He portrays WW as a weaklink. You think PG oneshoting WW is ok?
    Um...that's not my point at all? I don't even think Waids' was that Diana was a weaklink. Both writers basically portrayed her trying to get through to Karen while she was brainwashed rather than beating her in a straight up fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    But why does she need to take up backup space in Diana's book then? Why not just give her a proper one-shot? That'd be more pages than what she's getting from the two backups. Idk, this announcement does not enthuse me. I don't hate on GWW as much as some other WW fans, but I hope she can add some gravitas and excitement to this mini because her previous attempts were middle of the road, at best, even with amazing Xermanico art for a lot of her run.
    If we're being fair, if it's half WW and half Shazam, they should have alternating character backups.

So there is a preview of the Alpha issue going around because a QR code but I’m going to post the preview link itself

https://media.lunardistribution.com/...%20preview.pdf

Also there’s some pretty big spoilers for Dark Crisis and Batman vs Robin.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So there is a preview of the Alpha issue going around because a QR code but I’m going to post the preview link itself

Thank You for the link! It's kinda sad to see the JL disbanding especially when they are become symbol of hope. Also hopefully Zee and other magic characters got a good role on this so called magical event after the total disaster at Batman vs Robin

Um...that's not my point at all? I don't even think Waids' was that Diana was a weaklink. Both writers basically portrayed her trying to get through to Karen while she was brainwashed rather than beating her in a straight up fight.

If we're being fair, if it's half WW and half Shazam, they should have alternating character backups.
    PG was not brainwashed in Simone run. She was tricked into thinking WW turned evil. And WW was shown as somebody that can take PG out. waid portrayed Diana as not even in PG's level. Since PG one shotted her. So yes, waid does not respect WW.

If the League has disbanded, why is Supergirl on monitor duty? Wouldn't the Hall be closed?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If the League has disbanded, why is Supergirl on monitor duty? Wouldn't the Hall be closed?
    I mean it's also a museum and was opened when the Justice League were believed dead in Dark Crisis. Plus the Justice League Dark may still be living in the basement.

Main team could break up but the building could still be in use.
    Last edited by sifighter; 12-03-2022 at 09:34 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

I wonder why specifically they disband coming out of Dark Crisis, but it explains what we've been hearing.

Zatanna is finally back in her classic costume !

Man, the difference between Supergirl and Power Girl feels less concrete now. Although I do find it amusing that an alternate adult version of Kara doesn't wear pants .
    PG was not brainwashed in Simone run. She was tricked into thinking WW turned evil. And WW was shown as somebody that can take PG out. waid portrayed Diana as not even in PG's level. Since PG one shotted her. So yes, waid does not respect WW.
    I mean, that was basically brainwashing. The point of the story wasn't WW being able to take PG out in either settings and both stories resolved similarly, and Diana in Simone's story didn't fight PG in a straight test of strength.

So, no, I don't think Waid doesn't respect Diana.

Morrison had Shazam knock out Superman with one punch. Must mean that Morrison, despite writing some of the best Superman material ever, must hate and misunderstand Clark, right?

Batman took out Guy Gardner with one punch. Does that mean DeMattis (or whoever did that issue, I forget now) hated Guy?

Johns had Hal knock Bruce out with one punch. I'm guessing that Johns must hate Batman too, despite writing him in a bunch of stuff including some Earth-1 OGN's.

Or maybe these guys are all so close in strength, a lucky hit is enough to make the difference. Gods know real people who can usually take a beating can be knocked out by a sucker punch. And Karen is a fully adult Kryptonian who spent most of her life under a yellow sun, she's well within Diana's weight class. Not like Diana got taken out because Batman spit on her (screw you, Snyder! ).

I totally get being pissed about how DC has often treated Diana. That pisses me off too, I'm a big fan of hers. But let's not church up one single scene and give it importance it doesn't actually deserve; every hero gets the short end of the stick now and then. Waid otherwise did right by Diana's character there, and has been vocal about his mistakes with her in KC (plus, readers often misunderstand what Waid was saying about her, Clark, and the other failed heroes. The characterization was off by design, to show how far they'd fallen).

DC has often done Diana dirty. I don't believe losing a fight to an adult Kryptonian with decades of experience is one of those times. If anything, the pushback against Karen here just shows how badly DC has handled Power Girl!
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-03-2022 at 01:27 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I wonder why specifically they disband coming out of Dark Crisis, but it explains what we've been hearing.

Zatanna is finally back in her classic costume !

Man, the difference between Supergirl and Power Girl feels less concrete now. Although I do find it amusing that an alternate adult version of Kara doesn't wear pants .

I mean, that was basically brainwashing. The point of the story wasn't WW being able to take PG out in either settings and both stories resolved similarly, and Diana in Simone's story didn't fight PG in a straight test of strength.

So, no, I don't think Waid doesn't respect Diana.
    Simone had Diana fight PG and took full powered hits from PG without getting one shotted. While waid had Diana one shotted by PG. Massive difference. So yes, waid portrays Diana as weak. Disrespecting her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Morrison had Shazam knock out Superman with one punch. Must mean that Morrison, despite writing some of the best Superman material ever, must hate and misunderstand Clark, right?

Batman took out Guy Gardner with one punch. Does that mean DeMattis (or whoever did that issue, I forget now) hated Guy?

Johns had Hal knock Bruce out with one punch. I'm guessing that Johns must hate Batman too, despite writing him in a bunch of stuff including some Earth-1 OGN's.

Or maybe these guys are all so close in strength, a lucky hit is enough to make the difference. Gods know real people who can usually take a beating can be knocked out by a sucker punch. And Karen is a fully adult Kryptonian who spent most of her life under a yellow sun, she's well within Diana's weight class. Not like Diana got taken out because Batman spit on her (screw you, Snyder! ).

I totally get being pissed about how DC has often treated Diana. That pisses me off too, I'm a big fan of hers. But let's not church up one single scene and give it importance it doesn't actually deserve; every hero gets the short end of the stick now and then. Waid otherwise did right by Diana's character there, and has been vocal about his mistakes with her in KC (plus, readers often misunderstand what Waid was saying about her, Clark, and the other failed heroes. The characterization was off by design, to show how far they'd fallen).

DC has often done Diana dirty. I don't believe losing a fight to an adult Kryptonian with decades of experience is one of those times. If anything, the pushback against Karen here just shows how badly DC has handled Power Girl!
    Didn't shazam use a magic lightning boosted suckerpunch to do that to superman? Big difference

A powergirl that was not even a kryptonian during the 90s(she was atlantean and was only half as strong as her krypotonian self), was able to restrain Diana in that 90s comic where she appeared alongside captain atom. Are you going to ingore that too? Based on feats, statements and everything else. Diana should be stronger than Powergirl anyway. Thank God Gail Simone rremembered that in the fight they had in her run. DC has too often used Diana as a punching bag. No other big name iconic character has had it as often as her. There is no excuse.