Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Just let me know if Cyborg gets some meaningful moments without getting ripped to shreds and hacked

Also is Nightwing in this?
    I’m going to say it’s probably very likely Nightwing is in Lazarus Planet. In Waid’s Worlds Finest story arc that introduced Nezha Dick was Robin, and issue 2 of Batman vs Robin also by Waid had Nightwing make an appearance. Odds are he’s showing up, though what role he will play is to be determined.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Alright so we probably need a lead up list for this story right? Because dc events hardly exist in a vacuum.

1. Batman/Superman: worlds finest vol 1- introduction of Devil Nazha
    2. Robin by Joshua Williamson- For Mother Soul, the mother of Ra’s Al ghul
    3. Batman vs Robin- clearly lead in
    4. Monkey Prince- DC is teasing the hell out of him for this story, and he’s got one current maxi-series. Go read it and meet the guy I suppose.
    5. New Champion of Shazam- I like Mary Marvel and she looks to be playing a part in the event so if she’s the new champion might as well read it.

Maybe the Poison Ivy series, that’s setting up her post Fear State status quo and if she’s a big player in Lazarus Planet then I don’t see how it hurts.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

As afar as essentials, probably just Batman Vs Robin. I don’t know how important characters in this book will actually be, due to the way this series is releasing in one shot format. While monkey prince is on the cover of issue 1, Yang is only co-writing the first issue as far as we know. All of the co-writers may just focus on characters they are familiar with like PKJ and blue Superman, Josie and Shazam, etc.

I'm hoping Jon's power change ends with his de-aging.

I'm also hoping that Batman keeps that No Man's Land-esque costume we see in one of the covers. It's time for the yellow oval to return.

Quote Originally Posted by All Star Superman View Post
    I'm hoping Jon's power change ends with his de-aging.
    They aren't going to de-age John. It's pretty obvious they introduced the twins so that they can do child-like super-stories without reverting him back to a kid.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by All Star Superman View Post
    I'm hoping Jon's power change ends with his de-aging...
    Don't know how likely they would be to de-age him since they've made his sexuality such a part of his character.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Also is Nightwing in this?
    He was in one of the promotial art.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    They aren't going to de-age John. It's pretty obvious they introduced the twins so that they can do child-like super-stories without reverting him back to a kid.
    Yeah with the twins around, John is not gonna get deaged.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Looks bad but at least it'll be confined to a month.
    Agreed.

My excitement at Waid returning to DC has slowly waned, and this announcement didn't help.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Oh cool Malik from the Black Adam book is making it long enough to team up with the Shazam family.
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

It'll be an interesting experiment at least. And DC is probably using this to boost it's current cast of characters (you can see most participants have their own books currently).

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

That is a lot more writers than I expected, very interesting approach to a DC event. Having a bunch of smaller stories highlighting different parts of the DCU during a time like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Oh cool Malik from the Black Adam book is making it long enough to team up with the Shazam family.
    It’ll be nice seeing him written without Priest dialogue.

Extraordinary Member

A two month event so status quo won’t be set until march

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    A two month event so status quo won’t be set until march
    Is it really an event if the story seems to be just a bunch of one-shot with anthology type stories?
    Words to live by.