Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

OKAY, well let’s get this conversation back to something, I don’t know…relevant or fun people would actually want to talk about

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Anyway, Monkey Prince this week got caught up to or is starting to reference Batman vs Robin, not only because Monkey Prince is tying in but because Waid seems to like Yang’s mystical elements in his story. I mean one of the main casts get kidnapped for Batman vs Robin, Monkey Prince is in all the marketing, and the villain of Lazarus Planet is a villain with ties to Monkey Prince.

I hope we get an interview from Yang at some point how this all came to be with Waid, whether it was planned or not.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Anyway, Monkey Prince this week got caught up to or is starting to reference Batman vs Robin, not only because Monkey Prince is tying in but because Waid seems to like Yang’s mystical elements in his story. I mean one of the main casts get kidnapped for Batman vs Robin, Monkey Prince is in all the marketing, and the villain of Lazarus Planet is a villain with ties to Monkey Prince.

I hope we get an interview from Yang at some point how this all came to be with Waid, whether it was planned or not.
    Is monkey prince a limited series? Because you can try timing the interview with its last issue.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-07-2022 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Is monkey prince a limited series?
    Yes. 12 issues.

Yeah would be interesting to see an interview about how they decided to make Monkey Prince a key player for Lazarus Planet. Also I hope we see more of him after the event.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Yeah would be interesting to see an interview about how they decided to make Monkey Prince a key player for Lazarus Planet. Also I hope we see more of him after the event.
    I imagine we will see more of him considering he and his mythology play such a big role. Not to mention his series just connected him to the freaking Ultra-Humanite of all people.

Yes the JSA and Superman villain, apparently Monkey Prince’s adoptive parents are related to the Ultra Humanite.
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    Yes. 12 issues.
    I've not been following it - but am I right in thinking that the Shazam connection that it looked like Yang was setting up early on (Billy Batson being a classmate, the parents working for Sivana) didn't really become A Thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    I've not been following it - but am I right in thinking that the Shazam connection that it looked like Yang was setting up early on (Billy Batson being a classmate, the parents working for Sivana) didn't really become A Thing?
    No, it’s more a tour of the dc universe. First arc Gotham, second Amnesty Bay, and now Metropolis. In fact Marcus went to school with Damian.

The only Shazam type thing is how Monkey Prince’s powers work because he has to basically say transform in Chinese.
    Last edited by sifighter; 12-07-2022 at 03:57 PM.
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Well MK is being pushed as their next big new character so presumably we'll be seeing more of him

Huh joining the JSA would be pretty cool now that I think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Well MK is being pushed as their next big new character so presumably we'll be seeing more of him

Huh joining the JSA would be pretty cool now that I think about it
    I mean hey as adopted Grandson of the Ultra-humanite he’s basically a JSA legacy now. Kind of like how Atomsmasher is the godson of the Atom.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Not yet but there are 3 more issues. We might get a meeting at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Damn. Which thread am I in?
    You're in yet another thread that's been hijacked by one poster saying the same off-topic thing over and over. The ignore list doesn't even help anymore because too many people are feeding the troll. It's making some of the threads I was most interested in unreadable.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Not yet but there are 3 more issues. We might get a meeting at the end.
    If not then perhaps Mark Waid will use him in the upcoming Shazam series with Dan Mora.
    Words to live by.

If not then perhaps Mark Waid will use him in the upcoming Shazam series with Dan Mora.
    That could be interesting and a nice follow up to the first story he appeared.

It is not clear entirely "when" that first story happened, maybe after Lazarus Planet and Billy returns? Thou I doubt that they would have planned this so far in advance.