Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

This sounds pretty wild, actually. I'm down. I like the characters involved and appreciate the ones who rarely get attention like Power Girl, the creators are good, the premise is weird and fun, and I like the idea of a supernatural natural disaster. A Lazarus pit erupting is a cool idea I don't think I've ever seen before.

These are the kinds of Events I want to see more of; different things, different characters, not messing up the pacing of the books I'm already reading (far as I saw anyway, it's all one-shots right?), and over quick.

When I first heard "Lazarus Planet" I had zero interest, but I'm gonna check it out now.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'm getting Invasion meets Underworld Unleashed meets Millennium vibes.
    At least it's not a 'Crisis'.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Omen returns but they are making Lilith clay an antagonist

Attachment 125237
    I wanted Omen back, but not like this.

So we're getting a new Firestorm host? The guy on the cover still looks like Ronnie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    ...because the Lazarus juice will have turned Diana into mud in the first issue.

Mark my words, there will be a reason why Diana's not involved with this, and it won't just be "she's busy" or "she's occupied with other stuff." It will be an infuriating reason. Because DC.
    Or she's not even mentioned .

To be honest if something happened to her I think they would've referenced or mentioned it. It seems like the heroes involved are the ones who are directly effected by it.

Jon being the Eletric Superman is actually a dope ideia.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Or she's not even mentioned .
    I certainly hope so. And it would be just that simple wouldn't it?

I'm excited for this as it's using a wide variety of DC characters that aren't normally used. It's also doesn't seem to cosmic and about fixing continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I certainly hope so. And it would be just that simple wouldn't it?
    Well, no Flash, Aquaman, or GL either...

Extraordinary Member

I wonder if Lana Lang will regain her Superwoman powers

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Didn't Marvel have some sort of mist / cloud thing a while back that covered the Earth and transformed the abilities of the Inhumans or something?

I think it really screwed up Toro, among others.
    Invasion got us the new and improved Fire and Maxwell Lord's 'mental nudge' ability.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, no Flash, Aquaman, or GL either...
    I'm betting that they are all in the story but sidelined early on by the big bad guy of the event. Which I'm totally fine with even though the same thing just happened in Dark Crisis. I'd rather DC focus more on little used characters like Power Girl, Firestorm and Omen than the big guns whenever possible. Waid has also been doing a great job using the DCU as a whole in World's Finest so I'm really looking forward to this. I mean I'm a little worried about Power Girl, Firestorm and Omen as well seeing as how events like this usually like to have major casualties.

Firestorm should be Ronnie and Jason with the professor ,no one else .

City boy is Gotham girls kid

Jon as Superman blue is the smartest thing DC has ever done ,and makes so much sense with his powers

Where's Conner?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

We still don't know much about Red Canary isn't it? Would like to see her on this event

Nice to see Billy and Mary

I kinda want to see more Raven stories without Trigon Trigon Trigon

Always Rakzo

Eh, not sure if I'm down for this considering I'm already underwhelmed by Dark Crisis and Waid's events have never been, well, good as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Eh, not sure if I'm down for this considering I'm already underwhelmed by Dark Crisis and Waid's events have never been, well, good as a whole.
    52 was amazing. His weekly Avengers events were well received from what I recall, the No Surrender trilogy seemed to be liked. Looks like Waid is trying to recapture that energy here.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/