Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    Besides accelerated healing, higher pain tolerance, greater strength, and making it harder to kill someone who has been in it? No, but it has been known to infect them with a rage against humanity and others that exploit the planet.
    Which would work out well for all concerned if something like that happened to someone like say....Power Girl, who seems to be Kryptonite as well. Or maybe she just got part of the Starheart, or a GL ring.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Hey magic event cool

Its a good palate cleanser especially after all the multiverse nonsense in Dark Crisis

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Hey magic event cool

Its a good palate cleanser especially after all the multiverse nonsense in Dark Crisis
    Yeah. It also looks like dumb, unapologetic fun. I'm all for it.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    This sounds pretty wild, actually. I'm down. I like the characters involved and appreciate the ones who rarely get attention like Power Girl, the creators are good, the premise is weird and fun, and I like the idea of a supernatural natural disaster. A Lazarus pit erupting is a cool idea I don't think I've ever seen before.

These are the kinds of Events I want to see more of; different things, different characters, not messing up the pacing of the books I'm already reading (far as I saw anyway, it's all one-shots right?), and over quick.

When I first heard "Lazarus Planet" I had zero interest, but I'm gonna check it out now.
    Same.
    I am glad she gets to do something that is not moping or floating aimlessly. Plus Waid has shown he can do great things with Peege in the past.

So is this supposed to be that "magic crisis event" that Bleeding Cool wrote about few months ago? Either way glad it is going to last only one month.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    52 was amazing. His weekly Avengers events were well received from what I recall, the No Surrender trilogy seemed to be liked. Looks like Waid is trying to recapture that energy here.
    I guess Rucka, Morrison and Johns had nothing to do with 52 being good.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'm not sure about this one.
    I love Waid, and his current DC work has been awesome.
    But jeez this looks weak....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I've been enjoying Waid's World's Finest and I'm interested in Cyborg and Ivy being part of the main characters. I also really like Omen and Power Girl returning.
    But I just don't care about it all being heavily connected to BvR. Will pick it up as a trade if Cyborg, Ivy, Omen, and Power Girl get an interesting story out of it.

So it looks like Jon Kent is becoming Superman Blue II, right? And the event is connected to a volcano explosion? Could we see the return of the Millennium Giants and the leyline stuff that got rid of the original Superman Red/Blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Woohoo, Red Canary - the camera is over here. Hello? Turn around... the camera is ... hey, over here...! (also, how was she transformed? She just looks upset someone stole her sticks)

Dammit - the Question's in this? Now I'll have to keep track of this to see if it's in any way worth it to pick up just for him. (I'm guessing it's Vic since they mentioned Gotham and Renee last I heard moved to NYC)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-07-2022 at 03:57 AM.

Look at her hand. She probably dropped the sticks because her hands have been mutilated.

Wrong about Renee. She's appeared in both Batman and Batgirls recently, she's definitely in Gotham.
    Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Yeah, that is how we initially got Ms Marvel. Inhumans vs Xmen.
    IVX was the ending of the Terrigen mist storyline. It actually started with Inhumanity three years earlier. The origin of Kamala Khan as Ms. Marvel was an immediate consequence of that event. It's also Moon Girl's origin.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Didn't Marvel have some sort of mist / cloud thing a while back that covered the Earth and transformed the abilities of the Inhumans or something?

I think it really screwed up Toro, among others.
    Yeah, Toro, the sidekick of the Golden Age Human Torch, had been believed to be a mutant, but turned out to be Inhuman and had his flame altered. His powers had obviously originally been triggered some other way (contact with Torch, i think), but the Terrigen altered them.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I wonder if Lana Lang will regain her Superwoman powers
    Definitely not. If they wanted Lana to keep her powers after Superman Reborn negated her origin, they'd have found a way, instead of ending her book with her depowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    We still don't know much about Red Canary isn't it? Would like to see her on this event
    We still don't even know her secret identity, other than that Emiko Queen is ruled out, as Red Arrow and Red Canary have been seen in different places at the same time.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-07-2022 at 04:04 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I suppose we won’t see the launch of any new books post dark crisis until February then after this event

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I guess Rucka, Morrison and Johns had nothing to do with 52 being good.
    Hell, I would say each one of them did a better job than Waid in 52 during their respective stories (even frikking Rucka). Not that Waid did a bad job there, I would say his stories were solid but they just paled in comparison.

Also, I dropped his Avengers run early on because of how dull it was (Didn't help that Waid was writing kids and well, that's not a good mix) and if I remember correctly, No Surrender was also co-written with other authors.

Yeah, No Surrender was a merger of Waid's Avengers, Al Ewing's U.S.Avengers, and Uncanny Avengers, which Jim Zub had taken over from Gerry Duggan six months before. So Ewing and Zub co-wrote that weekly book with Waid. Zub then took over Waid's other book, Champions, which had spun the kids off from Avengers.

The second half of Waid's Avengers run (which was restarted with a new #1) had a different roster, with Iron Man and the three kids gone and Hercules and the elder Spider-Man added, along with the new Wasp, Nadia, who'd been introduced earlier in the run but not joined the team. After No Surrender (well, at the same time, but it's set after NS), Waid's last act before handing Champions over to Zub was to add Nadia to the team, along with Ironheart who needed a new home due to Bendis leaving Iron Man and Marvel as a whole.

Ewing used No Surrender to set up his next book, Immortal Hulk.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-07-2022 at 05:06 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Plot sounds eh.

But the creative team and cast has piqued my interest.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Woohoo, Red Canary - the camera is over here. Hello? Turn around... the camera is ... hey, over here...! (also, how was she transformed? She just looks upset someone stole her sticks)

Dammit - the Question's in this? Now I'll have to keep track of this to see if it's in any way worth it to pick up just for him. (I'm guessing it's Vic since they mentioned Gotham and Renee last I heard moved to NYC)
    If you look closely at the second image Red Canary’s fingers have become claws.
    Last edited by sifighter; 10-07-2022 at 06:07 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.