Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Based on the new superman line having Jon Kent still as electric blue superman and PKJ saying some of his plans involve fallout from lazarus planet, it's clear this event isn't just filler like endless winter as some suggested. DC definitely may be holding off on more books being announced till story ends in February.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Shazam in his old costume.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    You know I meant Billy's codename Shazam.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Perfect, now this is the time I can recommend you to support more Marvel runs. We have excellent Moon Knight, X-Men Red, Captain America and Daredevil runs. They all look so great and excited.
    I’m down to 5 with Marvel, and I’m ending books like FF at #700. No Cap for the first time in 44 years, no Stark new #1, I’m 4 years behind with the X-Men, so I cut all that out a while ago. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Based on the new superman line having Jon Kent still as electric blue superman and PKJ saying some of his plans involve fallout from lazarus planet, it's clear this event isn't just filler like endless winter as some suggested. DC definitely may be holding off on more books being announced till story ends in February.
    I expect we're getting a new Shazam book if Billy is really coming back.

Also Zatanna is finally back in her classic costume judging by an art reveal, so that might stick.

Bat-God wasn't enough. Now he wants to be Doctor Fate-Bat.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 10-09-2022 at 12:37 PM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

So if this follows up Batman vs Robin also by Mark Waid are we allowed to talk about todays issue of Batman vs Robin here?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Pushing Red Canary when she hasn't debuted yet.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Pushing Red Canary when she hasn't debuted yet.
    DC clearly has a very different definition of debut, because while she hasn’t done anything except look at a picture of Black Canary according to DC that’s a debut.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So if this follows up Batman vs Robin also by Mark Waid are we allowed to talk about todays issue of Batman vs Robin here?
    Maybe do it in spoilers.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

God enough with the events! DC is as bad as Marvel with their constant event after event.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe do it in spoilers.
    Will do boss.

This next big caption is about Batman vs Robin #2, came out today. A lot of spoilers, not just for the issue but for Robin and Batman/Superman: world’s finest.

spoilers:
    A lot of this issue is what I would call, guided exposition. Because Batman goes on a tour of the House of Mystery thanks to the nearly dying Zatanna from last issue and basically learns the plot that ties together Waid’s world finest arc and the end of Williamson’s Robin run.

Basically Batman gets to see the end of the Lazarus Tournament, the fact that Ra’s Al ghoul’s mother is alive and involved in all this, and that Nezha was let loose because Damian found his tomb on Lazarus Island that Batman and Superman locked him away back in the retconned silver age days of World’s Finest. And though pretty much everyone figured this out, Damian is under Nezha’s control because Nezha is really upset with Batman and thinks it’s funny if his son killed him. Although not just his son….

But Bruce manages to escape Damian setting the magic house on fire, mainly because evil Damian just wanted to rattle him to throw him off his game for later. Now I will say this, I know it seems like Damian is in control but he’s being manipulated, think like the Green Power Ranger who through evil influence acted on his own. Out of context it looks like he’s gone full evil but he’s just someone who lost to a mind controlling Satan working with his great grandmother to destroy the world and his father…..god that was a statement huh?

Anyway after making Bruce run for it and consider who else may be being possessed, Damian is given a gift by his great grandma. That being the Batman 666 suit. Yes, the trench coat and everything. Along with the new looks comes some new minions, the Bat-family. Yeah turns out Nezha really wanted to hurt Batman, even though Superman was involved in that last story, and has the entire Batfamily ready to attack Bruce…including Alfred.

So yeah the worst of it all is possibly that Nezha is playing a long con to hurt Batman and has resurrected Alfred under his control and influence. Whether that means Alfred returns to life at the end of this is in the air. Either way this devil really hates Batman.

Oh and I’m not really sure what Nezha’s whole plan is that leads into Lazarus Planet but it involves using other controlled magic users to steal relics from across the dc universe and forcing Black Alice to syphon it into the Helmet of fate.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by sifighter; 10-11-2022 at 03:30 PM.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    God enough with the events! DC is as bad as Marvel with their constant event after event.
    I do wish they would stop with all the meta-fiction stuff.
    It feels like the worms have escaped the can.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Just let me know if Cyborg gets some meaningful moments without getting ripped to shreds and hacked

Also is Nightwing in this?
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Hopefully Cyborg is treated more respectfully and given awesome shiny better than the travesty done to him in JL Odyssey.