Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's weird when Jed is STILL writing the Black Cat to undercut his work, but it happens. Kinda weird for Peter to then completely ignore Felicia for four issues, and for Peter to refer to someone else as the most important person in his life in one of those four issues, but asking for any kind of consistency in this run is asking for too much.
    The most important person in Spidey's life is aunt May anyways, no MJs, Felicias or Gwens will reach that level.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Then maybe that should be on the page and not, y'know, in a recap few people read.

Wells truly belongs in the pantheon of middest of all mid writers, right next to Slott. Congrats, Spider-office, that's two for two when it comes to employing really poor writers on Spider-Man ongoing books.
    Poor forgotten Byrne, had such a dull run that most people forget it happened.

But then that would have blunted the use of Gwen Stacy as nothing but a girl-shaped reward.
    Huh, so Gwen is the "reward"... Makes sense I guess, she was the one used to judge him.

I assume all the complaints about a woman being used as a reward have been made lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, even under McKay I got the sense she wasn't 100% over him (since he's basically the love of her life), she just wasn't dwelling on it any more.
    She does flirt with him and some moments sound like she still loves him, but doesn't wanna be with him since she moved on.

I'd still be angry if I were in Jed MacKay's shoes.
    The unfortunate reality is that if you're gonna become a comic book writer, you really should expect that kind of **** even if you write a well received run.

You might be happy to know the preview shows Hobby holding Betty's baby, over/under on the baby being eaten/mutilated by the end of the arc? LOL
    Yeah I heard about that picture, it's why I was so quickly to ask in the other ASM#11 thread if Hobgoblin is eating that baby.

If it happens, "Fresh meat" will get an interesting meaning for the fanbase.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    The most important person in Spidey's life is aunt May anyways, no MJs, Felicias or Gwens will reach that level.
    That's a rather Oedipul claim to make LOL

Byrne is harmless now. Wells and Slott can still inflict more harm.

Huh, so Gwen is the "reward"... Makes sense I guess, she was the one used to judge him.

I assume all the complaints about a woman being used as a reward have been made lol.
    And this is the second time Zeb Wells has gone to the "woman as reward" well of sexism in four issues, as he turned Felicia into Peter's birthday reward for his "boy scout" morality - three trip to the well if you include making MJ a doormat to be resued.
    She does flirt with him and some moments sound like she still loves him, but doesn't wanna be with him since she moved on.
    Agreed. And honestly, IMO it ruins the chemistry and tension between Peter and Fel. Put them together and no more tension (whereas with MJ they have such a long history and share the same friend group, there's plenty of stories when they're together; MJ grounds him in a way Felicia never can). And then it's boring, because we know Marvel will never let Peter have a happy committed relationship and if Peter can't make it work with "soulmate" MJ, as Cebulski called her, then there's no way Peter and Fel will work longterm.

But hey, it's a hot chick with dubious morals in black leather which I guess makes Wells's motor run as a writer, using the last word very lightly. He's demonstrated he can't write heroes/morally light characters, he's resorted to nerfing Spidey at every turn to avoid him having a win.

The unfortunate reality is that if you're gonna become a comic book writer, you really should expect that kind of **** even if you write a well received run.
    Yeah, but usually they wait until you are off the book, they tend not to tear down your work and revert the character while you are in the middle of it...and MacKay is considered their rising star, I'd hate to see what they do to writers they don't intend to keep hiring.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 10-06-2022 at 05:31 PM.

Astonishing Member

Ned Leeds is back… sigh… was there any reason for this? They could’ve at least done this middling story with his clone that was around for a while. But now even mid-tier supporting characters get brought back. Death is a total joke. I look forward to next year when Lance Bannon is revealed to have faked his death with the help of FACADE.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I heard about that picture, it's why I was so quickly to ask in the other ASM#11 thread if Hobgoblin is eating that baby.

If it happens, "Fresh meat" will get an interesting meaning for the fanbase.
    I know Wells wrote Shed, but I cannot imagine Marvel and especially Corporate Parent Disney allowing a baby to get eaten. That would be a sick and disgusting concept. Call it Shed on steroids
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 10-06-2022 at 05:45 PM.

That's a rather Oedipul claim to make LOL
    Hey, we had that Troubling story that basically said she's Spidey's biological mother, and OMD has him choosing to undo his marriage for her, so it ain't wrong lol.

Byrne is harmless now. Wells and Slott can still inflict more harm.
    Who knows if Byrne is really harmless, we could always have a writer picking up a bad plot point he came up with and using it again to destroy a character, it's what Bendis did with Wanda in Disassembled .

And this is the second time Zeb Wells has gone to the "woman as reward" well of sexism in four issues, as he turned Felicia into Peter's birthday reward for his "boy scout" morality - three trip to the well if you include making MJ a doormat to be resued.
    Funnily enough, he also used it in Hellions, since Madelyne was Alex's reward for doing a good job at the Hellions team, and while it's shitty of Emma, Cyke and Alex himself to basically think of her as someone to reward him, Madelyne herself is pissed at it:

(Hellions#18)

Since it was pointed out that Wells is better when writing morally grey characters, and from what you described Spidey in Wells' run is a dumbass who forgives anyone for doing bad stuff, it's sounding like Wells prefers for the the morally grey characters to have more complex emotions, while the more heroic ones are straightforward and stupid.

Not that a more straightforward hero doesn't work, I remember the irony of reading Prowler's tie-in to Clone Conspiracy, getting really bored of how he felt in that situation and prefering Julia who was acting like a more straightforward hero, it's all about making the character interesting, which, with Spidey and MJ, he just struggles to make 'em interesting right now (And struggles to make MJ interesting in general, even if I ignore the subtle undermining he gave MJ in Beyond, she still sounded rather bitchy or boring).

I haven't read that much of Wells' ASM, I still only read the first issue, so I can't say how much of that "Morally grey characters are allowed to be more developed" is true, but if the way Tomstone is used is any hint, there's at the very least a preference for those characters.

Agreed. And honestly, IMO it ruins the chemistry and tension between Peter and Fel - there's always a sense of "are they going to give in?" But put them together and that's taken away. And then it's boring, because we know Marvel will never let Peter have a happy committed relationship and if Peter can't make it work with "soulmate" MJ, as Cebulski called her, then there's no way Peter and Fel will work longterm.
    It's also annoying for those two to even want to be with each other again, at this point it's clear they're good as friends but not as good as lovers, the relationship worked well enough back in the 80's, but getting 'em back together requires both of 'em to forget their personalities.

But hey, it's a hot chick with dubious morals in black leather which I guess makes Wells's motor run as a writer, using the last word very lightly. He's demonstrated he can't write heroes/morally light characters, he's resorted to nerfing Spidey at every turn to avoid him having a win.
    Classic BND writer method.

Yeah, but usually they wait until you are off the book, they tend not to tear down your work and revert the character while you are in the middle of it...and MacKay is considered their rising star, I'd hate to see what they do to writers they don't intend to keep hiring.
    To be fair, Felicia is in an odd situation where MacKay only really writers her once in a while in minis, she was technically not being used by him after the MJ/Felicia Beyond issue lol.

Not that this makes what Marvel is doing right, but, y'know, technicalities lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Ned Leeds is back… sigh… was there any reason for this? They could’ve at least done this middling story with his clone that was around for a while. But now even mid-tier supporting characters get brought back. Death is a total joke. I look forward to next year when Lance Bannon is revealed to have faked his death with the help of FACADE.
    Death being a joke is a consequence of Superman's death back in the 90's.

Clone Saga itself only made it permanent on ASM's side lol.

Can't wait for uncle Ben's return.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I know Wells wrote Shed, but I cannot imagine Marvel and especially Corporate Parent Disney allowing a baby to get eaten. My guess is Hobgoblin is Leeds instead of say Kingsley.
    If the Hobgoblin is Ned, there's a very high chance of a baby being eaten man, or at least killed, such is the Zeb Wells way :P

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Yeah I'm not happy about this. Wells is doing really badly with MJ and Felicia. Thank God we have MacKay's mini to look forward to.
    Never thought I would say it but happy to see Slott back. One thing I missed was the quips

Astonishing Member

Never thought I would say it but happy to see Slott back. One thing I missed was the quips
    I continue to miss quips that are actually funny. Slott's quips are...not. They're cringe, IMO.

Hey, we had that Troubling story that basically said she's Spidey's biological mother, and OMD has him choosing to undo his marriage for her, so it ain't wrong lol.
    I hate it when you are right.

Who knows if Byrne is really harmless, we could always have a writer picking up a bad plot point he came up with and using it again to destroy a character, it's what Bendis did with Wanda in Disassembled .
    Stop manifesting LOL

Funnily enough, he also used it in Hellions, since Madelyne was Alex's reward for doing a good job at the Hellions team, and while it's shitty of Emma, Cyke and Alex himself to basically think of her as someone to reward him, Madelyne herself is pissed at it
    Y'know, that's the prevailing theory out in social media land, after what Peter said to the Progenitor in ASM 10, that MJ died right after Beyond and the "bad thing" he did was to bring her back, only it didn't work out the way he wanted. And Peter is acting a lot like Havok, demanding MJ have drinks with him, etc.

I mean, Wells plagiarized himself by stealing the senient Doc Ock arms in ASM 900 from a Marvel Adventures book he wrote, why not plagiarize himself again and give this to MJ?

(Although, come to think of it, he just plagiarized this for Gwen Stacy in ASM 10, only Gwen wasn't treated as if she had a brain to understand what was happening in the first place and get mad about it, but then Gwen isn't a villain. Wow, he really needs to expand his reading horizons and plagiarize someone other than himself, because he's just not that good or original in the first place LOL).

Since it was pointed out that Wells is better when writing morally grey characters, and from what you described Spidey in Wells' run is a dumbass who forgives anyone for doing bad stuff, it's sounding like Wells prefers for the the morally grey characters to have more complex emotions, while the more heroic ones are straightforward and stupid.
    I don't know how to describe it, he's made Peter into this squishy compassion monster who walks around forgiving everyone and refusing to hold them accountable, it's the opposite of Peter being responsible.

it's all about making the character interesting, which, with Spidey and MJ, he just struggles to make 'em interesting right now (And struggles to make MJ interesting in general, even if I ignore the subtle undermining he gave MJ in Beyond, she still sounded rather bitchy or boring).
    He completely undermined her in Beyond, it was mitigated by the other writers doing their best to write a kick ass, in character MJ. And he doesn't want to write an in character Peter, either. According to the recent podcast someone just posted, he decided he likes Peter sad or angry because it gives JRJR something to drawand then he tries to justify it. Which is the opposite of writing from the character first.

I haven't read that much of Wells' ASM, I still only read the first issue, so I can't say how much of that "Morally grey characters are allowed to be more developed" is true, but if the way Tomstone is used is any hint, there's at the very least a preference for those characters.
    The characters that have been given character developement are all the bad guys: Tombstone, Vulture, Norman. The only bad guy that was treated like a two dimensional cartoon evil doer was Moira - but she's, y'know, female. Just saying.
    It's also annoying for those two to even want to be with each other again, at this point it's clear they're good as friends but not as good as lovers, the relationship worked well enough back in the 80's, but getting 'em back together requires both of 'em to forget their personalities.
    Agreed. And Felicia especially has grown so much since the 1980s.

If the Hobgoblin is Ned, there's a very high chance of a baby being eaten man, or at least killed, such is the Zeb Wells way :P
    It is the way.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 10-06-2022 at 06:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

I continue to miss quips that are actually funny. Slott's quips are...not. They're cringe, IMO.

Stop manifesting LOL

Y'know, that's the prevailing theory out in social media land, after what Peter said to the Progenitor in ASM 10, that MJ died right after Beyond and the "bad thing" he did was to bring her back, only it didn't work out the way he wanted. And Peter is acting a lot like Havok, demanding MJ have drinks with him, etc.

I mean, Wells plagiarized himself by stealing the senient Doc Ock arms in ASM 900 from a Marvel Adventures book he wrote, why not plagiarize himself again and give this to MJ?

(Although, come to think of it, he just plagiarized this for Gwen Stacy in ASM 10, only Gwen wasn't treated as if she had a brain to understand what was happening in the first place and get mad about it, but then Gwen isn't a villain. Wow, he really needs to expand his reading horizons and plagiarize someone other than himself, because he's just not that good or original in the first place LOL).

I don't know how to describe it, he's made Peter into this squishy compassion monster who walks around forgiving everyone and refusing to hold them accountable, it's the opposite of Peter being responsible.

He completely undermined her in Beyond, it was mitigated by the other writers doing their best to write a kick ass, in character MJ. And he doesn't want to write an in character Peter, either. According to the recent podcast someone just posted, he decided he likes Peter sad or angry because it gives JRJR something to drawand then he tries to justify it. Which is the opposite of writing from the character first.

The characters that have been given character developement are all the bad guys: Tombstone, Vulture, Norman. The only bad guy that was treated like a two dimensional cartoon evil doer was Moira - but she's, y'know, female. Just saying.

It is the way.
    If a baby gets eaten here I am jumping off the book ASAP. That is some pretty sick stuff

another hobgoblin? someone brainwashed? uh oh. Not again.

I'm not clear on how Ned was brought back. what happened? Was his throat not slit? what the heck happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    another hobgoblin? someone brainwashed? uh oh. Not again.

I'm not clear on how Ned was brought back. what happened? Was his throat not slit? what the heck happened?

Goblin serum helped resurrect him.

One thing I noticed with some of his moments that are supposed to be funny is how characters may be awkwardly say something to get to the punchline lol.

The older I get, the less I'm willing to put up with whatever or bad dialogues, and that makes it a lot harder to read silver age comic books, and Slott's dialogue when it's bad, it's a different kind of bad, but still bad.

A lot of times, so do I...

Stop manifesting LOL
    Remember that time Byrne tried to connect Spidey's origin with Otto's, and the accident gave a bunch of other people powers too? Spidey neglected that, and a hacky story can say it's his fault for whatever those people did, since they'll probably be villains .

Y'know, that's the prevailing theory out in social media land, after what Peter said to the Progenitor in ASM 10, that MJ died right after Beyond and the "bad thing" he did was to bring her back, only it didn't work out the way he wanted.
    If this is right and it's something stupid like Spidey cloning MJ, then it's time to quit this franchise lol.

And Peter is acting a lot like Havok, demanding MJ have drinks with him, etc.
    He might be even more pathetic than Alex thinking of it lol.

Like, at least Alex was grieving over Madelyne being dead and he's overjoyed she's back, if Spidey is being too annoying to MJ while she's alive and seemingly fine, yeah...

Now keep in mind that I'm not saying Havok isn't pathetic, he didn't have much of a personality beyond "muh Maddie", having supressed anger and wanting to leave the team, just pointing out that Spidey might be more pathetic than that guy, which's depressing.

Ben's development in Beyond also mirrors Madelyne's in Hellion's, with both of them being basically ignored, abandoned, getting butthurt over it and becoming evil, and in hindsight, it was probably intentional to make 'em have more in common so they can team-up for Dark Web.

Difference is that with Madelyne, it's using what was already established in the past (Although the original story has its problems too, and it gets even worse if you know that she got fucked over like this 'cause Marvel was dismissive of her 'cause she was just a Jean replacement made into a clone), with Ben it's kinda changing the past for this to "make sense", his way of going evil is somehow more contrived and nonsensical than Madelyne's, even in the original way it happened.

Like, writers repeating themselves can be fine-ish, even good writers may have patterns, or outright repetitions, but they may manage to compensate these flaws with execution being better somewhere else, and from what I'm hearing of Wells' run, he's, not doing any of that.

He should plagiarize Slott next.

Yeah that's the part of him sounding stupid lol.

Like even heroes who are willing to give a second chance to villains by being compassionate have to be smart about it, can't go around forgiving everyone, some people just don't deserve it, and even some who could use some sympathy, can't be allowed to run around causing destruction.

He completely undermined her in Beyond, it was mitigated by the other writers doing their best to write a kick ass, in character MJ.
    By his standards, the MJ undermining in Beyond was rather subtle, specially in the early issues lol.

What she does in those is, be worried about Spidey and looking at a window, be a bitch to Ben, and not realize that Ben calling her isn't Spidey (Which, looks worse when another writer has Miles of all people tell Spidey and Ben apart).

So, again, by his standards:

(Venom: Dark Origin#4)

(Avenging Spider-Man#11)

Beyond MJ's undermining was tame, not that it means it wasn't bad, but it's really not as noticeable, specially for those who aren't fans, or those who aren't aware of the ways she gets undermined.

And he doesn't want to write an in character Peter, either. According to the recent podcast someone just posted, he decided he likes Peter sad or angry because it gives JRJR something to drawand then he tries to justify it. Which is the opposite of writing from the character first.
    Is that a thing with BND writers? Because Slott also has a problem with forcing characters into situations lol.

Like, yeah, I understand prefering characters in a specific emotion, like how Daredevil writers like to make Matt miserable, but there's a time and place for those things, and Spidey just isn't someone to stay miserable for too long, he's an emotional character but not to this extent.

To be fair, I'm more willing to blame that on X-Office, ever since Hickman left they quickly exaggerated her personality to become more cartoonish evil (And it doesn't help that Hickman himself planted the seeds for that nonsense in Inferno), during X Deaths of Wolverine#2 she killed a cashier for the sake of making sure he doesn't talk about her (Which's stupid since a murder would only attract attention), and then in #4 she skinned Banshee.

It only got worse afterwards, since X-Men vol 6 had her deciding to join Orchis (Which ignores how they kidnapped her in Inferno to begin with), and then that Free Comic Book Day Avengers comic, and Gala, had her acting like a cartoonish, dumbass villain.

Now, he could have done something with Moira, but Percy didn't bother in X Deaths of Wolverine and quickly exaggerated her personality, and Duggan only characterized her as cartoonish villain, and hell, in AXE, Gillen hasn't done anything to give her any other traits too (Though she hasn't shown up much and didn't do anything besides wanting mutants dead and bitching when the Eternals failed), but anyways, her bad characterization is more of a problem in X-Office, and again, Wells could have done more, but I can understand why he wouldn't bother if no one else does, specially when he's not writing a non X-Men comic (Even if apparently ASM#9 vol 6 is basically "Amazing Wolverine" like you said once lol).

Yeah, and since Spencer's run she's allowed to be mature again, which can mean she's more willing to move on from Spidey.

It is the way.
    Now the question is who'll be eaten/killed first between Paul's kids and Betty's baby :P.

If a baby gets eaten here I am jumping off the book ASAP. That is some pretty sick stuff
    Just be ready for the possibility, Wells is an edgelord, he did that kind of nonsense before, he may try it again lol.

Oh, I got the sense she was over him. She'll always love him, but she knows deep down they would never work longterm, their outlooks on life are too diametrically opposed.
    I think it's more that she knows she lost her shot and she knows how much he loves MJ, so she's living with it.

She still has a thing against redheads though .
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I get that you like the Peter x Felicia ship, but the handling of it in this run has been atrocious.
    I won't disagree with that.

Astonishing Member

One thing I noticed with some of his moments that are supposed to be funny is how characters may be awkwardly say something to get to the punchline lol.

The older I get, the less I'm willing to put up with whatever or bad dialogues, and that makes it a lot harder to read silver age comic books, and Slott's dialogue when it's bad, it's a different kind of bad, but still bad.

A lot of times, so do I...

Remember that time Byrne tried to connect Spidey's origin with Otto's, and the accident gave a bunch of other people powers too? Spidey neglected that, and a hacky story can say it's his fault for whatever those people did, since they'll probably be villains .

If this is right and it's something stupid like Spidey cloning MJ, then it's time to quit this franchise lol.

He might be even more pathetic than Alex thinking of it lol.

Like, at least Alex was grieving over Madelyne being dead and he's overjoyed she's back, if Spidey is being too annoying to MJ while she's alive and seemingly fine, yeah...

Now keep in mind that I'm not saying Havok isn't pathetic, he didn't have much of a personality beyond "muh Maddie", having supressed anger and wanting to leave the team, just pointing out that Spidey might be more pathetic than that guy, which's depressing.

Ben's development in Beyond also mirrors Madelyne's in Hellion's, with both of them being basically ignored, abandoned, getting butthurt over it and becoming evil, and in hindsight, it was probably intentional to make 'em have more in common so they can team-up for Dark Web.

Difference is that with Madelyne, it's using what was already established in the past (Although the original story has its problems too, and it gets even worse if you know that she got fucked over like this 'cause Marvel was dismissive of her 'cause she was just a Jean replacement made into a clone), with Ben it's kinda changing the past for this to "make sense", his way of going evil is somehow more contrived and nonsensical than Madelyne's, even in the original way it happened.

Like, writers repeating themselves can be fine-ish, even good writers may have patterns, or outright repetitions, but they may manage to compensate these flaws with execution being better somewhere else, and from what I'm hearing of Wells' run, he's, not doing any of that.

He should plagiarize Slott next.

Yeah that's the part of him sounding stupid lol.

Like even heroes who are willing to give a second chance to villains by being compassionate have to be smart about it, can't go around forgiving everyone, some people just don't deserve it, and even some who could use some sympathy, can't be allowed to run around causing destruction.

By his standards, the MJ undermining in Beyond was rather subtle, specially in the early issues lol.

What she does in those is, be worried about Spidey and looking at a window, be a bitch to Ben, and not realize that Ben calling her isn't Spidey (Which, looks worse when another writer has Miles of all people tell Spidey and Ben apart).

So, again, by his standards:

(Venom: Dark Origin#4)

(Avenging Spider-Man#11)

Beyond MJ's undermining was tame, not that it means it wasn't bad, but it's really not as noticeable, specially for those who aren't fans, or those who aren't aware of the ways she gets undermined.

Is that a thing with BND writers? Because Slott also has a problem with forcing characters into situations lol.

Like, yeah, I understand prefering characters in a specific emotion, like how Daredevil writers like to make Matt miserable, but there's a time and place for those things, and Spidey just isn't someone to stay miserable for too long, he's an emotional character but not to this extent.

To be fair, I'm more willing to blame that on X-Office, ever since Hickman left they quickly exaggerated her personality to become more cartoonish evil (And it doesn't help that Hickman himself planted the seeds for that nonsense in Inferno), during X Deaths of Wolverine#2 she killed a cashier for the sake of making sure he doesn't talk about her (Which's stupid since a murder would only attract attention), and then in #4 she skinned Banshee.

It only got worse afterwards, since X-Men vol 6 had her deciding to join Orchis (Which ignores how they kidnapped her in Inferno to begin with), and then that Free Comic Book Day Avengers comic, and Gala, had her acting like a cartoonish, dumbass villain.

Now, he could have done something with Moira, but Percy didn't bother in X Deaths of Wolverine and quickly exaggerated her personality, and Duggan only characterized her as cartoonish villain, and hell, in AXE, Gillen hasn't done anything to give her any other traits too (Though she hasn't shown up much and didn't do anything besides wanting mutants dead and bitching when the Eternals failed), but anyways, her bad characterization is more of a problem in X-Office, and again, Wells could have done more, but I can understand why he wouldn't bother if no one else does, specially when he's not writing a non X-Men comic (Even if apparently ASM#9 vol 6 is basically "Amazing Wolverine" like you said once lol).

Yeah, and since Spencer's run she's allowed to be mature again, which can mean she's more willing to move on from Spidey.

Now the question is who'll be eaten/killed first between Paul's kids and Betty's baby :P.

Just be ready for the possibility, Wells is an edgelord, he did that kind of nonsense before, he may try it again lol.
    I understand there are entertainers who like to shock and push things over the edge ( especially in writing), and Wells like Miley Cyrus could very well be one of those people. But going down the eating a baby Avenue is not about shocking the audience ( because this is not a new concept because we already know about Shed), but really being offensive for the sake of being offensive , and anyone who likes stuff like that or say torture porn has serious psychological issues. I for one do not find it entertaining, and will not invest my time and money in stuff like that.

Fantastic Member

That is the Queen Goblin hand on the cover so maybe she is using Ned against Norman?

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

They said "mid" not an affront to Spidey fans everywhere. Lol.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!