Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Amazing Spider-man 11 Preview Hobgoblin appears

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-hobgo...now-which-one/

well that was quick, and show its likely Ned.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/the-hobgo...now-which-one/

well that was quick, and show its likely Ned.
    Red herring

Winston!!!

"Things with Felicia Hardy, aka Black Cat, are heating up".

Poor Jed MacKay. His entire run which was building up to Felicia moving on from Peter is being undone for the sake of a mid Spidey run.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    "Things with Felicia Hardy, aka Black Cat, are heating up".

Poor Jed MacKay. His entire run which was building up to Felicia moving on from Peter is being undone for the sake of a mid Spidey run.
    Having everything you wrote being undone by someone else quickly and annoyingly is a comic book classic.

Like ****, no better example than Cates' Hulk run undoing Immortal Hulk lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

To be honest no one ever really moves on in comics .

It's weird when Jed is STILL writing the Black Cat to undercut his work, but it happens. Kinda weird for Peter to then completely ignore Felicia for four issues, and for Peter to refer to someone else as the most important person in his life in one of those four issues, but asking for any kind of consistency in this run is asking for too much.

It's weird when Jed is STILL writing the Black Cat to undercut his work, but it happens. Kinda weird for Peter to then completely ignore Felicia for four issues, and for Peter to refer to someone else as the most important person in his life in one of those four issues, but asking for any kind of consistency in this run is asking for too much.
    Yeah I'm not happy about this. Wells is doing really badly with MJ and Felicia. Thank God we have MacKay's mini to look forward to.

well maybe the heating up with black cat started after Mj told him off in issue 9
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    well maybe the heating up with black cat started after Mj told him off in issue 9
    You would think they would have shown that in issue 10 then.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Then maybe that should be on the page and not, y'know, in a recap few people read.

Wells truly belongs in the pantheon of middest of all mid writers, right next to Slott. Congrats, Spider-office, that's two for two when it comes to employing really poor writers on Spider-Man ongoing books.

You would think they would have shown that in issue 10 then.
    But then that would have blunted the use of Gwen Stacy as nothing but a girl-shaped reward.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 10-06-2022 at 03:39 PM.

I mean, even under McKay I got the sense she wasn't 100% over him (since he's basically the love of her life), she just wasn't dwelling on it any more.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, even under McKay I got the sense she wasn't 100% over him (since he's basically the love of her life), she just wasn't dwelling on it any more.
    Oh, I got the sense she was over him. She'll always love him, but she knows deep down they would never work longterm, their outlooks on life are too diametrically opposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get that you like the Peter x Felicia ship, but the handling of it in this run has been atrocious.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Having everything you wrote being undone by someone else quickly and annoyingly is a comic book classic.
    I'd still be angry if I were in Jed MacKay's shoes.

You might be happy to know the preview shows Hobby holding Betty's baby, over/under on the baby being eaten/mutilated by the end of the arc? LOL