Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
It's weird when Jed is STILL writing the Black Cat to undercut his work, but it happens. Kinda weird for Peter to then completely ignore Felicia for four issues, and for Peter to refer to someone else as the most important person in his life in one of those four issues, but asking for any kind of consistency in this run is asking for too much.
The most important person in Spidey's life is aunt May anyways, no MJs, Felicias or Gwens will reach that level.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
Then maybe that should be on the page and not, y'know, in a recap few people read.

Wells truly belongs in the pantheon of middest of all mid writers, right next to Slott. Congrats, Spider-office, that's two for two when it comes to employing really poor writers on Spider-Man ongoing books.
Poor forgotten Byrne, had such a dull run that most people forget it happened.

But then that would have blunted the use of Gwen Stacy as nothing but a girl-shaped reward.
Huh, so Gwen is the "reward"... Makes sense I guess, she was the one used to judge him.

I assume all the complaints about a woman being used as a reward have been made lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I mean, even under McKay I got the sense she wasn't 100% over him (since he's basically the love of her life), she just wasn't dwelling on it any more.
She does flirt with him and some moments sound like she still loves him, but doesn't wanna be with him since she moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
I'd still be angry if I were in Jed MacKay's shoes.
The unfortunate reality is that if you're gonna become a comic book writer, you really should expect that kind of shit even if you write a well received run.

You might be happy to know the preview shows Hobby holding Betty's baby, over/under on the baby being eaten/mutilated by the end of the arc? LOL
Yeah I heard about that picture, it's why I was so quickly to ask in the other ASM#11 thread if Hobgoblin is eating that baby.

If it happens, "Fresh meat" will get an interesting meaning for the fanbase.