Default Did I miss something between X-Men Red #6 and #7?

SPOILERS below for X-Men Red.

Been enjoying the hell out of "AXE: Judgment Day," which I can't usually say about crossover events. But I admit to being perplexed when starting in on X-Men Red #7. Issue 6 ended with Magneto, Storm, et al. about to head from Mars/Arakko to Earth to bring the hurt directly to Uranos. #7 opens with Uranos defeated and Magneto dying. I found this so puzzling I put the book down unfinished, pored through some other issues to see if I was forgetting something, then came here to ask.

Is this just some unusually oblique storytelling? Or did I miss a linking sequence in some other book? I thought I'd kept up with all the major tie-ins (basically, the X-books + anything Gillen writes). This doesn't seem like something that would happen in Avengers or Spider-Man or Fantastic Four.

Thanks for any clarification you can offer, y'all.

Astonishing Member

It's not just you, the chronological timeline between issues has been a bit all over the place and hard to keep track of. I think they could have done a better job of including recap and end page notes saying "this issue's events will continue in this issue here" and "this issue follows the events of this issue there."

But oh well.

The issue that explains what happens to Magneto between X-Men Red #6 and #7 is AXE: Judgment Day #4, the tentpole Judgment Day series itself.

Oh, duh. I'm a little embarrassed I didn't remember that, but there's a lot to keep track of, and that was before XM Red #6, so yeah, chronologically scrambled. Agreed, they could give us more markers like that. So often a problem with these crossovers.

It's too bad, because the confusion blunts the impact of what is obviously one of the major milestones in the Krakoa era so far.

Thanks for the hand.