Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Preview - X-Force #32

Will this spell the end of X-FORCE, and mutantdom as we know it?
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/10/07/ma...ew-x-force-32/

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Look, all I'm saying is I think an argument can be made that Percy doesn't pick guest stars based on how good a fit they are or how much they'll contribute to a narrative, he picks them based on 'how easy is it to monologue with this guy.'

I guess a madman with a pointy stick is about the level of X-Force by now.

Monologues and Deadpool's head. How did we get here?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

LOL.
    I sort of love and respect that Percy just doesn't have any fucks or shits to give and is just going along doing whatever the hell he wants.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Kraven versus wolverine would actually be a pretty interesting fight. Kraven has legitimately beaten Spider-Man 1v1 on a few occasions, so theoretically he'd be able to tear Wolverine up. I'm actually excited to see this. Have they ever fought before?

I just can't believe we're dedicating an entire arc of X-Force to Kraven the Hunter .
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Kraven versus wolverine would actually be a pretty interesting fight. Kraven has legitimately beaten Spider-Man 1v1 on a few occasions, so theoretically he'd be able to tear Wolverine up. I'm actually excited to see this. Have they ever fought before?
    OG!Kraven fought Old Man Logan.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL.
    I sort of love and respect that Percy just doesn't have any fucks or shits to give and is just going along doing whatever the hell he wants.
    The thing is in theory, he has an editor that should be telling stuff like "make your heroes competent" or "don't drag every single plot for 30+ issues"

Not for the first time, not for the last, I struggle to understand what an editor at Marvel does these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Not for the first time, not for the last, I struggle to understand what an editor at Marvel does these days.
    Amen.

Not a whole hell of a lot it would seem.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    "make your heroes competent"
    This should not be an editorial mandate.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL.
    I keep wondering if this series would have fallen into the same diminishing constant relaunches if it didn't had Wolverine on the roster and in a prominent role (it seems speculators and collectors will always buy books with Wolverine as if it's a self fullfilling that his comics are worth collecting)?

Otherwise this series is amazingly forgetable and mediocre to the point where i have a hard time thinking of anything which will ever be brought up or remembered except for dumb stuff like the adamantium surf board.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    The problem seems to be that many writers can't find reasonable explanations anymore on how to make the villains competent, since the heros had allready become so powerfull (especialy in the limitless powers and resources status quo right now).
    So it seems they can't find any other solution than to make the heros weirdly incompetent, dumb or careless compared to how they have been written or established over the years.

Which kind of opens the question on what ever it wouldn't be better to just abandone the "infinity continuing stories" system of Marvel and DC comics and let it all end to create something new or set in between the beginning and end?

Setting a story before a hero or team had reached a certain state might really be easier to have them make mistakes, than to dumb them down because nothing new can be convincingly written anymore.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-07-2022 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Look, all I'm saying is I think an argument can be made that Percy doesn't pick guest stars based on how good a fit they are or how much they'll contribute to a narrative, he picks them based on 'how easy is it to monologue with this guy.'
    i think there's a clear connecting thread for Kraven here. Not narratively, but thematically.

He's another hypermasculine man of the wilderness type of character. Percy's bread and butter.

Not a choice I would have made, but hey, X-Force doesn't need to be everyone's cup of tea.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    As a rule, it should. Have your characters behave like imbeciles because you can't write a plot only hurts them

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I guess a madman with a pointy stick is about the level of X-Force by now.
    Pretty much. I thought X-Force as a title hit its lowest point with Uncanny X-Force Vol. 2, which boasted a nonsensical very non-X-Force-y lineup (Storm? Puck? Spiral?). Just not my cup of tea clearly, and nothing about the group screamed X-Force at the time so it seemed like a stealth X-men team just calling itself X-Force for whatever reason. This lineup, while more X-Force-y, is just written so damn badly at this point that a nutjob with a spear is now a real threat to the whole group. Jeez… put it out of its misery already. Please.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

I think what puts it over the top for me is the marketing copy, which admittedly is not on the book's writer, its just...

"Will this spell the end for X-Force - and mutantdom as we know it?"

Like okay even if Kraven is somehow a threat to this entire lineup of X-Force, what on earth is the guy possibly going to do against half of the other big league mutants? Storm? Iceman? Cable? Exodus?

They'd be like....lol, who is this guy?