Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

It's a damn shame how good artists are being wasted on this book. Funny thing is I have the Volume 1 HC sitting on my bookshelf yet have no desire to buy Volume 2 when it comes out. Doesn't seem like a big deal but I'm very much a completionist when it comes to my collected editions. It takes a special level of bad for me not to complete a run once I start it.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I think what puts it over the top for me is the marketing copy, which admittedly is not on the book's writer, its just...

"Will this spell the end for X-Force - and mutantdom as we know it?"

Like okay even if Kraven is somehow a threat to this entire lineup of X-Force, what on earth is the guy possibly going to do against half of the other big league mutants? Storm? Iceman? Cable? Exodus?

They'd be like....lol, who is this guy?
    They’d be psychically paging Spider-Man like ‘Spider-Man, come pick up your drunk foe. He’s being a mild nuisance for us over here.’

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    As a rule, it should. Have your characters behave like imbeciles because you can't write a plot only hurts them
    There's always room in the world for stories about people making less than ideal choices.

Well, the arc after this one at least looks more interesting. With X-Force in space/on Planet Arakko pursuing Sevyr Blackmore. That seems like it might be a mission worthy of the mutant CIA.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Well, the arc after this one at least looks more interesting. With X-Force in space/on Planet Arakko pursuing Sevyr Blackmore. That seems like it might be a mission worthy of the mutant CIA.
    Honestly, I probably will check that one out because I consider Solem and Blackmore and Logan's conflicts and dynamics with both to be two of the most interesting aspects to Percy's Wolverine run, which I'm still weirded out by how much I like it considering how little I like this Percy book. Man, the difference writing an ensemble vs a solo character can make....

Same, man. Same. I wish someone else could take over this book as Percy just doesn’t do teams well. They can even keep the same cast, as I like it better now without Quire. Deadpool is a solid addition, and Omega Red — despite being a heinous serial killer — is growing on me with this whole redemption story with Sage… which I think is going to end about the same way the redemption arc with Creed and Meltdown/Boomer did in the 90s after Logan lobotomize him with a claw. That is to say badly.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Mighty Member

I really love Kraven’ dialogue. I hate the clone aspect but the dialogue is really good to me. I just don’t know if i buy that Kraven has a plan to really do damage outside of attack them with bows and arrows

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The thing is in theory, he has an editor that should be telling stuff like "make your heroes competent" or "don't drag every single plot for 30+ issues"

Not for the first time, not for the last, I struggle to understand what an editor at Marvel does these days.
    Marvel editor = hype man
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Speaking of dragged what ever came of that Colossus plot? Does it even still exist?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Percy has X-Force fighting Kraven and Wolverine fighting Solemn and ninjas from Hell while a Celestial is threatening to nuke Earth. We're past the f*cks of no return.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

Wow, Percy's really covering the heck out of Kraven and his motivations, while things like "X-Force," "mutant CIA," "Colosus' biggest story evah!", Domino, and Mr. Peacock Droppings are forgotten.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Percy has X-Force fighting Kraven and Wolverine fighting Solemn and ninjas from Hell while a Celestial is threatening to nuke Earth. We're past the f*cks of no return.
    This made me Laugh So hard. Because it's True :-)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    They’d be psychically paging Spider-Man like ‘Spider-Man, come pick up your drunk foe. He’s being a mild nuisance for us over here.’
    Ha, good one. Very good one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    There's always room in the world for stories about people making less than ideal choices.
    Of course, and I don't want a perfect hero. But if every single story you write only happens because smart people drop 60 IQ points, why should I bother?

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Speaking of dragged what ever came of that Colossus plot? Does it even still exist?
    Is Colossus even a part of this book anymore? Dude was shown on the cover of the first issue as a member of X-Force and proceeded to never even join the team, instead being relegated to his brother’s metal meat puppet before being forgotten about entirely. I swear Omega Red’s plot just quietly took the place of Colossus’ and Percy hoped that if he just threw a rug over the gaping hole he dug that everyone would forget about it.