Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I live in Texas and its on of a few states that would "OVERALL" allow... no ... invite Frank Castle to stay down here and do God's Work. So if Marvel is the "World outside your window" still, just let it be know that Texas has the highest
    amount of superhuman executions. Also.... and here's a crazy fact. https://www.myplainview.com/news/art...-a-9095294.php ... the first white person convicted for killing a black person in 21 years didn't really happen until like 2002. It could be something really marvel touches "how other states deal with superhuman crime" but... you know, that might take nuance. Smh. I don't trust big corporate types with much nuance.
    Yeah, just look at what happened with the original Civil War saga and everything that spawned from that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    You may be thinking of the Junkman.

He...tried to retire...

kdb
    That's it. I kind of misremembered the story

Fantastic Member

I’m out of the loop I guess, I brought this up elsewhere but has Marvel dumped the JANUS story with the now evil James Hudson of Alpha Flight? I thought that was the end result of the True North 1 shot from a few years ago. I enjoyed the Norman Osborn- heroes on the lam Siege stuff that Bendis did. Felt that the Cabal had some legs, or an underground brotherhood type of system a la ‘hail Hydra’, and felt it was done away with prematurely. It was the last time I remember enjoying the bulk of the books I was reading…

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    As opposed to staying in New York?
    I never said it was a perfect alternative to leaving.

These are all reasons to avoid New York. It sounds like you are making my case for me.
    Avoid implies they already live outside New York. You are talking about leaving New York entirely.

The "one" that you're used to? The "one" hero? You do know you are talking about New York right? You are making my argument for me.
    You're talking as if every villain in New York fights every hero on a regular basis.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    I’m out of the loop I guess, I brought this up elsewhere but has Marvel dumped the JANUS story with the now evil James Hudson of Alpha Flight? I thought that was the end result of the True North 1 shot from a few years ago. I enjoyed the Norman Osborn- heroes on the lam Siege stuff that Bendis did. Felt that the Cabal had some legs, or an underground brotherhood type of system a la ‘hail Hydra’, and felt it was done away with prematurely. It was the last time I remember enjoying the bulk of the books I was reading…
    Hmm, not sure what's going on with JANUS, but I do think Mac was last seen in Al Ewing's S.W.O.R.D., before it got relaunched as a new volume of X-Men Red. Considering JANUS was supposed to replace S.H.I.E.L.D. in the wake of its dissolution at the end of Secret Empire, it's kind of a shame not more has been made of it than it has been.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Villains have to succeed at something to antagonize the hero. The whole "beauty of the struggle" narrative, or hero's journey has to involve some failure at some point.