Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    What about Momoa as Aquaman?
    Well there are people who think Momoa looks more like Namor than Aquaman.
    I would say race isn't an issue for fictional-race characters. In the MOS universe Atlanteans look like Hawaiians apparently and Aquaman is half white and half Atlantean played by a guy who is half white and Hawaiian. You could argue Atlateans looked black, or blue, or whatever since they are a fictional race.

It's different than saying in this universe white people look like black people.
    Although Nick Fury is black and people are fine with it for the most part. Who knows? Maybe Sam Jackson as Magneto who dealt with lynchings instead of the Holocaust would still sell tickets (even if he was fighting The Rock and his optic blasts). In fact I want that as a "What If?" story.

Quote Originally Posted by Muramasa View Post

A case can be made that Namor looked like an Asian guy.
    HOLY SNAP! I just totally saw the "inspiration" for the panel where William Leather removes his facial hair with his powers in Planetary!
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Uh, no...Besides it only matters if the words 'Captain Marvel' are in the title. They can call him that in the movie itself.
    That would be unwise. Not just for copyright terms, bit it would cause a lot of confusion for the general non-comics reading audience. They'll start wondering where the Avengers are.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    That would be unwise. Not just for copyright terms, bit it would cause a lot of confusion for the general non-comics reading audience. They'll start wondering where the Avengers are.
    I think they should just use the Flashpoint name, Captain Thunder.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    They wonder about that anyway.