Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Bishop: War College limited series announced

https://www.gamesradar.com/bishop-tr...imited-series/

5-issue mini in which Bishop trains the next generation of War Captains, with the main cast including Armor, Surge, Cam Long & Aura Charles (from Ayala's Prisoner X & New Mutants), and Amass (from Orlando's Marauders).

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

so Muller is definitely out as designer because that's pretty hideous

Sweet! I’ll be checking this out. Love my man, Bish, and it’s about time he got some love.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

so Muller is definitely out as designer because that's pretty hideous
    Sabretooth had a bad one before Muller finished the logo. Pretty sure its a placeholder before he finishes it.

Astonishing Member

This might be more interesting sounding if Bishop hasn't been mostly downplayed, sidelined and downright trivialized in his roles and if the whole title of "War Captain" had any impact or meaning to beginn with.

Not to forget "training the next generation" has long become rather hollow ringing in regards to things X-men, as we could see with the sad fate of the New X-men. There is not going to be a "next generation of War Captains", just like there isn't going to be a next generation of X-men (or at least not one trained to be so). Infact the whole title of war captain isn't going to last very long either. So even if any of these characters graduate we can bet their new jobs will never come up again once Krakoa has gone to dust.

Giving Bishop a basicly meaningless mini series will not amount to anything if he still has no true role in any meaningfull ongoing title or the overall direction in the current status quo.

So this doesn't look like a celebration of the character or a return to promince but just a cheap appeasement with no lasting impact or improvement.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GokaiBlack077 View Post
    Sabretooth had a bad one before Muller finished the logo. Pretty sure its a placeholder before he finishes it.
    hopefully, because I love what he did

Nice. Glad we're back to fleshing out Krakoa and the War Captains some more. And I like the cast - Bishop, my girl Surge, other characters. Pretty good all-around. And it's good to see that Amass will be getting use.

Ayala once noted that Aura and Cam were in a relationship, so that might come into play at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Happy that Bishop is getting some focus, sad that it’s a limited right away. The War College is such a ripe idea that the X-office has been teasing for years atp.

Also am I the only one confused about how the cover matches up with the text of Bishop training the next generation of War captains? I feel like I’m missing something.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I need to know the creative team. I'm glad Bishop is getting some focus, but after seeing a lot of fan pitches for a war college book this feels kind of underwhelming. Is Amass supposed to be a younger character, I'm not getting that from what I've seen of them in Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    This might be more interesting sounding if Bishop hasn't been mostly downplayed, sidelined and downright trivialized in his roles and if the whole title of "War Captain" had any impact or meaning to beginn with.

Not to forget "training the next generation" has long become rather hollow ringing in regards to things X-men, as we could see with the sad fate of the New X-men. There is not going to be a "next generation of War Captains", just like there isn't going to be a next generation of X-men (or at least not one trained to be so). Infact the whole title of war captain isn't going to last very long either. So even if any of these characters graduate we can bet their new jobs will never come up again once Krakoa has gone to dust.

Giving Bishop a basicly meaningless mini series will not amount to anything if he still has no true role in any meaningfull ongoing title or the overall direction in the current status quo.

So this doesn't look like a celebration of the character or a return to promince but just a cheap appeasement with no lasting impact or improvement.
    This seems like a chicken-and-egg thing lol, giving Bishop a series focused on his role as War Captain is bad because they haven't focused on it before this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I need to know the creative team. I'm glad Bishop is getting some focus, but after seeing a lot of fan pitches for a war college book this feels kind of underwhelming. Is Amass supposed to be a younger character, I'm not getting that from what I've seen of them in Marauders.

J Holtham and Sean Damian Hill. Holtham has written one arc of the Spider-Verse Infinity comic and a Marvel's Voices story but otherwise is a TV writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Happy that Bishop is getting some focus, sad that it’s a limited right away. The War College is such a ripe idea that the X-office has been teasing for years atp.

Also am I the only one confused about how the cover matches up with the text of Bishop training the next generation of War captains? I feel like I’m missing something.
    Marvel's press release says: Armor, Surge, Cam Long, Aura Charles, Amass – these are his students. Their course objective: Get strong. Defend the island. Keep Mutantkind safe. Their first lesson: HOW TO FAIL. And they’ll do it in spectacular Marvel fashion. What does any of that have to do with Bishop’s vision of the X-Men – and this new X-Men team? Guess you’ll have to read it, True Believer.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=184807744

Extraordinary Member

Training the next generation of war captains seems pointless when the editor of the X-line insists Cyclops is only 27 and fellow war captain Magik is usually depicted as still a teenager. But it's good to have Bishop getting some actual focus since he is supposed to be the captain commander.

this form really be like:

*repeatedly asks for series focusing on something*

*that series is announced*

*we're angry about it for some reason*

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

I think it might be a Black History Month variant cover?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    J Holtham and Sean Damian Hill. Holtham has written one arc of the Spider-Verse Infinity comic and a Marvel's Voices story but otherwise is a TV writer.
    Thank you. I haven't read anything from Holtham, Hill's art looks pretty good from what I can find.