Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

The color makes the action aspect of it really pop.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    Secret origins presents the most flexible and appealing iteration of Superman’s mythology

Donner aesthetics mixed with pre-crisis mixed with post-crisis elements

That kind of combo is the most appealing Superman in terms of the kind of stories you can tell in the long term

If it weren’t for the overuse of Superman’s origin story across all mediums…a Superman: secret origins movie adaptation would have been perfect
    Secret Origin may be the most flexible in terms of Superman's world, but I think Birthright is the more robust story of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Now in color:

I’m curious how Clark is going to manage “Super-Corp” with his identity a secret again. I had figured that him being public would lead in to him taking control of Lex’s company and trying to use it for a force for good.
    Unless this is before Lex restores his secret identity, it seems like Lois still knows.

They could be handling Super-Corp like Clark has his dayjob at the Planet while Superman's dayjob is now Super-Corp.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

while I am not a huge fan of Dragotta, That is an incredibly dynamic page. He will certainly bring a level of creativity and style to his pages.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It's Dragotta.
    Ah thanks

Wonder what Campbell's art will look like

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Superboy was canon again per Bendis, not that he really did that much with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't remember the exact issue, I think it was in the Superman run when Lana showed up so like in the last leg of it?
    I checked the sources. And it is not that way. Bendis never restablished Superboy (Clark Kent) back. He erased Lucy Lane and make Lana lost her superwoman powers. But there was no Superboy in any issue.
    (And I will not return to those issues again).

So it is possible than Williamson is the one who will restablishes Superboy.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    while I am not a huge fan of Dragotta, That is an incredibly dynamic page. He will certainly bring a level of creativity and style to his pages.
    He needs to work on his face though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Ah thanks

Wonder what Campbell's art will look like
    He’s the one who drew the banner in the OP. Check out Naomi or Green Lantern: Far Sector to see what he’s like on interiors.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I really like his work. That page feels alive.
    My only worry (and this is on the editors and not the artists) is that Dragotta’s work doesn’t really fit with Jamal Campbell’s.
    So it will be kind of weird to have them both on the book at the same time. But DC editors don’t normally care for artistic consistency. WW’s book is all over the place in terms of art styles for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s the one who drew the banner in the OP. Check out Naomi or Green Lantern: Far Sector to see what he’s like on interiors.
    Jamal Campbell work is awesome on those books.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 11-28-2022 at 07:16 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I really like his work. That page feels alive.
    My only worry (and this is on the editors and not the artists) is that Dragotta’s work doesn’t really fit with Jamal Campbell’s.
    So it will be kind of weird to have them both on the book at the same time. But DC editors don’t normally care for artistic consistency. WW’s book is all over the place in terms of art styles for example.
    Those pages are from Acttion 1050 issue or are for Superman one? Maybe they are not necesarily together in the same book.

https://twitter.com/williamson_josh/...KC8JCq2Z6tO57Q

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Those pages are from Acttion 1050 issue or are for Superman one? Maybe they are not necesarily together in the same book.
    They’re for Action 1050, Dragotta is doing the Williamson portion of the issue and then he’ll rotate on Superman with Campbell.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I checked the sources. And it is not that way. Bendis never restablished Superboy (Clark Kent) back. He erased Lucy Lane and make Lana lost her superwoman powers. But there was no Superboy in any issue.
    (And I will not return to those issues again).

So it is possible than Williamson is the one who will restablishes Superboy.
    There was a line from R.J. Brande (I think) where when news the Legion brought Superboy to the 31st century she asks "Clark Kent Superboy or Jon Kent Superboy"?

From Williamson’s newsletter here’s the Superman related bit:

SUPERMAN: Currently working on the beat sheets for Superman #4 and #5, and scripting #6. I know what happens in all 3 issues, now it’s just a matter of fleshing it out into tighter scripts. Writing the first 8 pages of #6 tomorrow. I’ll finish a tight plot for #4 and #5 by the end of the week, while I also wrap up the #6 script before next Monday. Then in December I’ll write #4. Maybe #5.

One of my goals for this Superman run was to do shorter A-plot “monster of the month” style arcs while building B, C and D subplots. So, the first three issues act as a sort of a “pilot” of the whole run, then issues #4 and #5 stand alone as a two-parter arc. Then #6 to #8 are an arc. Then #9 to #10 are an arc. It’s something I’m playing with but not going to be a RULE. I’ll probably mix it up depending on the story and pacing. And who knows what curveballs or new ideas come my way while we work.

I have a LOT of Superman stories planned, and it’s been a blast to tackle them in this shorter arc format. Allows me to showcase more of Superman’s rogues, his supporting cast and introduce some new elements to the mythology.

Back when I started on Flash I was known as one of the faster writers at DC Comics. (Trust me, all the puns were made.) But over the years I’ve slowed down a bit. Some of that comes from me being harder on myself, some of it is because my family grew, and I spend a lot of valuable time there. But to balance that all out, I plan stories out a lot more on large white boards in my office. By the time SUPERMAN #1 comes out in February, I’ll be fairly far ahead on scripts, which is a great feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    There was a line from R.J. Brande (I think) where when news the Legion brought Superboy to the 31st century she asks "Clark Kent Superboy or Jon Kent Superboy"?
    Throwaway line from Bendis? Not the most reliable source.