Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Yeah I noticed the hologram too, wonder what Lex is playing at? Deliberately going to prison for some reason while still running Lexcorp through Mercy? Wonder if they’ll stick him in the special cell he built to prove he could design a cell even he couldn’t break out of, that’s the kind of continuity deep cult Williamson likes doing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I noticed the hologram too, wonder what Lex is playing at? Deliberately going to prison for some reason while still running Lexcorp through Mercy? Wonder if they’ll stick him in the special cell he built to prove he could design a cell even he couldn’t break out of, that’s the kind of continuity deep cult Williamson likes doing.
    Whenever Lex loses, he's never completely out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Whenever Lex loses, he's never completely out of the game.
    Williamson’s Lex was ok over in Batman, but he got humiliated far too easily over there for my liking. Of course it’s difficult to discount my prejudice against Batman punking Superman’s arch like a C-Lister, but I hope I like Williamson’s Lex more here. Frankly given the hint Kaminski dropped about Zod being important for the Superbooks in 2023, and me enjoying Williamson positioning Zod as the Ra’s equivalent for Supes over in Batman/Superman, if PKJ isn’t using Zod then I hope Williamson is. I liked how he wrote Zod way more than how he wrote Lex, and of the two Zod is the one I’d rather see as a reoccurring antagonist here.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Mercy Graves taking over Lexcorp is actually an old idea taken straight from the JLU Animated Series.... As well as Lex trying to manipulate her from prison. Nothing bad with that actually and I wouldn't be against Mercy developing some individual feature for once (I was a fan of the bionic arm from Young Justice).

Anyway, the best reason for being interested in ("excited about" is a bit too much) Williamson is mostly is that he has proven to be capable to deal with loose threads. It doesn't mean that he is always GOOD at that (from what I have seen Dark Crisis is more or less a disaster), but I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that he had revived some very old subplots Johns had left behind in his Flash run, even if I have no idea of how it ended. And Superman is full of loose threads, so I may be interested just to see the direction they are taking. One thing's for sure - Metropolis becoming cyberpunk again (if that is the direction they are taking) is a more than welcomed trope, but that story has already been told.
    Last edited by Myskin; 10-09-2022 at 01:25 AM.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Amazing Member

Williamson isn't the best nor worst writer DC has.
    When he stays too long or want to do a deep writing he got exposed but the best thing he can do is bringing back Super's Rogue gallery while Phillip create the big events and Taylor focus on the supporting cast

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    Williamson isn't the best nor worst writer DC has.
    When he stays too long or want to do a deep writing he got exposed but the best thing he can do is bringing back Super's Rogue gallery while Phillip create the big events and Taylor focus on the supporting cast
    He is, however, the one leading the DCU so his belief that Superman should be the one to spearhead the new direction is something to be happy about. If nothing else, it shows DC is committed to improving the Super-line of books.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    He is, however, the one leading the DCU so his belief that Superman should be the one to spearhead the new direction is something to be happy about. If nothing else, it shows DC is committed to improving the Super-line of books.
    Yeah, I hope that could mean that they improve both the suporting cast and the rogue gallery.
    Supergirl ongoing, trying to improving Jon and Kenan with miniseries like they did with Tim in the 90s would be the best way

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I think this book has potential to consistently stay a bestseller if DC promotes this right. Unlike a lot of previous Superman runs, this book shouldn't have a lot of continuity baggage and the status quo for the title should be familar to a lot of Superman fans, whether casual or hardcore. With great art and the classic rogue gallery, it should be easy for this book to attract a lot of new and lasped readers.

A lot of people forgot how well received Williamson's Flash run was and the fact that it was a consistent bestseller. Also his Robin run was excellent IMO, even if shadow war sullied it a bit.

I'm.ready for Conner to go visit his "dad" in prison,and also try to take over lexcorp lol
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    This came from higher up. Didn't Zaslav say he wanted to revitalise Superman when his Discovery merged with Warner Bros?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

That cover looks spectacular! Like a Return To Greatness vibe!

So what volume of Superman Comics will this #1 be?

And where are we on the legacy numbering now?

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Mercy Graves taking over Lexcorp is actually an old idea taken straight from the JLU Animated Series.... As well as Lex trying to manipulate her from prison. Nothing bad with that actually and I wouldn't be against Mercy developing some individual feature for once (I was a fan of the bionic arm from Young Justice).
    It looks like she's getting that in the upcoming Lazarus Planet event.

Spectacular Member

Are we ever going back to the legacy numbers? I would love for Superman 715. Or 1000 or whatever (since you can apparently count other series towards the number)

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    This came from higher up. Didn't Zaslav say he wanted to revitalise Superman when his Discovery merged with Warner Bros?
    I can ensure you Zaslav probably has not though twice of what DC's comics are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It looks like she's getting that in the upcoming Lazarus Planet event.
    I love cyborg Mercy so I’m happy to see that get folded into mainline canon. Waid’s never actually wrote Mercy has he? I don’t remember her in Birthright or any of the other Superman stuff he did before. Tynion brought her back for Hell Arisen because he wanted someone Lex could talk to and play off of, looking forward to seeing how Waid and Williamson use her. She’s a blank slate at the moment, I’d like to know where her loyalty to Lex comes from and why.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think this book has potential to consistently stay a bestseller if DC promotes this right. Unlike a lot of previous Superman runs, this book shouldn't have a lot of continuity baggage and the status quo for the title should be familar to a lot of Superman fans, whether casual or hardcore. With great art and the classic rogue gallery, it should be easy for this book to attract a lot of new and lasped readers.

A lot of people forgot how well received Williamson's Flash run was and the fact that it was a consistent bestseller. Also his Robin run was excellent IMO, even if shadow war sullied it a bit.
    I expect this to be the better selling Superbook, even if I think I’ll enjoy PKJ Action more. Robin and Flash were good, Williamson is a solid villain writer and that’s my main want at the moment: someone to use the B-Listers in Superman’s Rogues Gallery who are always around but rarely get their own arcs. PKJ using Metallo and Williamson using Parasite is exactly what I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I can ensure you Zaslav probably has not though twice of what DC's comics are doing.
    Apparently it’s sort of a weird relationship. The WB higher ups don’t care about issuing demands except in rare cases, but DC definitely tries to coordinate with what the movies do. That’s how we got Asian Mercy, Black Adam getting a mini, Batgirl was going to get a bunch of projects next year to tie in with the movie, and given the rumors about film side Superman I do think a lot of what we’re seeing is tied to developments going on over there.