Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

I definitely think it's high time we had the series re-focus on building up the Rogues Gallery again.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Mark Millar’s run on Superman Adventures followed a similar format, short 1-3 issue arcs focusing on Superman’s Rogues and his supporting cast. It was great too, a lot of Millar’s best issues were one and dones like the Livewire story or the Lex story How Much Can One Man Hate? Totally possible to do good work with the villains without making them 6 issue arcs, and that kind of storytelling will likely be found in PKJ’s Action.
    That's the hope, but DCAU was a universe dedicated to short, snappy one-offs where everything ends by and large as it started (excluding origins).

Working on a mainline Superman book on characters with decades of history, audience expectation and, frankly, a lot of losses/depowering over the years doesn't fill me with confidence that a quick 2-3 issues will do anything of note.

I hope to be proved wrong and, as always, will head in optimistically. If nothing else it'll be nice to see more of Superman's enemies getting attention.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

If that big dark figure is a brand new character, I'm refusing to believe he's not going to be heavily inspired by Shigaraki Tomura.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    That's the hope, but DCAU was a universe dedicated to short, snappy one-offs where everything ends by and large as it started (excluding origins).

Working on a mainline Superman book on characters with decades of history, audience expectation and, frankly, a lot of losses/depowering over the years doesn't fill me with confidence that a quick 2-3 issues will do anything of note.

I hope to be proved wrong and, as always, will head in optimistically. If nothing else it'll be nice to see more of Superman's enemies getting attention.
    I think it's going to be a little more serialized but I think Williamson can do solid 2-3 parters.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Much more excited by Campbell being on art than Williamson writing, but Renondo has made Taylor's writing far more tolerable on Nightwing, so I'm hoping it'll be the same situation here.

It would be awesome if we got the secret identity back.

Joshua Williamson is highly hit-or-miss to me (with way more misses). I will give it a shot if I hear good things about it.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

If nothing else it's nice to hear that Williamson sees Superman at the forefront post-Dark Crisis. Time will tell if it delivers of course, but its obviously a wonderful concept.

I do like the promise of some shorter arcs. I loved Warworld but even still, I was hoping that they could toss in a shorter story now and again too. Keeps it fresh.

If its Triangle Era 2.0, will we see the mullet? (Asks the guy who digs the Supermullet).
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Joshua Williamson is highly hit-or-miss to me (with way more misses). I will give it a shot if I hear good things about it.
    I really liked his Image stuff - Birthright and Nailbiter were fantastic. At DC, I only recall reading his Flash and Infinite Frontier books. I liked both. He’s probably one of the most competent writers DC has in their current stable.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    I feel like there's a good chance Williamson might bring it back, but I always assume that of every writer who takes over Batman with Alfred still dead.

I'm not counting it, considering the other Bendis-era stuff they're defending to the death, but I'm hopeful that it'll happen if not right away, sometime during the run.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    Wait they got rid of Superman's identity??

Whole world knows he's ClarK?

How many Superman #1's do we need? I hope they eventually go back to the original numbering. If I'm not mistaken, the seventh issue will actually be #850.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Zone View Post
    How many Superman #1's do we need? I hope they eventually go back to the original numbering. If I'm not mistaken, the seventh issue will actually be #850.

I have to agree with you ! How many Superman # 1's do we need ? I guess that DC would only go back to original numbering, if they could make more money on it.
    I see what Marvel does with Spider-Man , celebrating milestone numbers , but they keep restarting with a # 1 . It just makes it a bit harder for anyone that wants to buy any older issues . To try and seek the books out , that's if anyone does that anymore.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Wait they got rid of Superman's identity??

Whole world knows he's ClarK?
    He dropped the secret identity and told everyone he's Superman near the end of the Bendis run.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog