Page 53 of 80 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Superman fighting...a rock?

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    So looks like Siobhan is in a band? I'm kind of wondering what the current continuity with Banshee is right now (like didn't she try to kill Jimmy a few times? Yet here it's like they had no idea who each other were before they revealed everything), but she didn't have a human form until New 52 Supergirl so that might play into it.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

It's cute that when finding out his girlfriend has a superstate, Jimmy's reaction was to say "That's dope, I once turned into a turtle and a bunch of other wacky stuff."

Really like this issue although once again the fight/action sort of speed itself up again to get to the end which i guess just a thing for micro-arcs oppose to decompress ones like what PKJ doing

rapid though
    -I like the silver banshee x Jimmy romance they did and it was cute and straight to the point. The fact that Jimmy has a more hectic body horror life then the literal ghost get a chuckle.

-Mercy looking great and really love the personality Williamson is giving her

-Jimmy actually taking initiative and agency to save his girlfriend is honestly a refresher then the tiresome method of having to shove Jimmy into the superman plot even when it telling that the author don't want him in it

-Silver age Jetpack Flamebird Jimmy easter egg caught that

-"Project Chain" any guess what that might be?

-Lois and Clark double date with Jimmy and SB is great very lovely man DC is hitting with the Clois lately. Don't know if this be mentioned but I prefer whenever artist make Lois into a brunette really stand out compared to every other raven black hair women in DC

one of the greatest "take out context" page in superman comics

1687256489685382.jpg

Had a good laugh at Jimmy apparently getting Siobhan to start wearing bow ties. Cute issue that portrayed Jimmy as both competent and capable, which is a nice thing to see. Even Banshee got portrayed well, I like her new romance with Jimmy and am excited to see where it goes, and she came off as a serious threat due to the Phantom Zone upgrades and how strong her sonic scream was. Seems like Supes hearing got nerfed for a while which is fine, I wonder how PKJ will acknowledge that given his stated intent to show an Uber powerful Superman? And of course we get the cliffhanger with Lex getting shanked. I think Lex is going to be pissed at Supes for not saving him while Supes is going to be pissed at whatever “Project: Unchained” is. J like that Lois is keeping a level head throughout this and keeps warning Clark not to get his hopes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So looks like Siobhan is in a band? I'm kind of wondering what the current continuity with Banshee is right now (like didn't she try to kill Jimmy a few times? Yet here it's like they had no idea who each other were before they revealed everything), but she didn't have a human form until New 52 Supergirl so that might play into it.
    For Jimmy the past murder attempts might actually be a turn on

I think the short version is that Williamson wants to build on the New 52’s more sympathetic take, and so he’s writing her as someone who is neither malevolent nor malicious, but is still capable of hurting people if pushed.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The 2000s vibe of this series makes me appreciate it more than PKJ's 90s fest.

Speaking of Project: Chained
    1687288777461038.jpg

SUPERMAN #6
    Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Art by GLEB MELNIKOV
    Cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
    Variant covers by LEE BERMEJO and TIAGO DA SILVA
    1:25 variant cover by ALEX SAVIUK
    1:50 wraparound variant cover by GLEB MELNIKOV
    Creator Cover variant by ROSE BESCH
    Blank sketch cover
    Costume acetate cover by MIKEL JANIN ($6.99 US)
    $4.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 9/19/23
    “THE CHAINED PART ONE!”
    Following the shocking cliffhanger of Superman #5 and the events of Knight Terrors, Superman has learned that Lex Luthor kept a prisoner beneath Stryker’s Island for decades. Who are they and why did Lex lock them up? Can Superman unlock the secrets of the Chained?
    Featuring guest artist Gleb Melnikov!

I like how Mercy still wears her chauffeur hat .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Dang right on the money Melnikov is doing art for this series.

Oh man that ending is sad. The one time Lex expresses honest emotional vulnerability and Clark can't hear it. Dramatic Irony at its finest.

Also a genius move by Graft and Pharm as it turns out sending Banshee was to engineer the perfect moment to attack Lex. Goddamn diabolical.

Incredible Member

Thinking about picking this series up. What’s the general consensus been on its quality?

Really enjoyed it

the Art & coloring is very good (arguably the best one coming out right now). The two arcs are short and simple for all it pros and cons that comes with it. It skirts the overloaded continuity superman has right now making it very new reader friendly yet still occasionally uses it effectively

if you like a S:TAS episode that play ball with the current prime superman universe then definitely pick it up

Astonishing Member

Good point. Definitely TAS inspired in terms of aesthetics and storytelling as really a done in one kind of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Iclifton View Post
    Thinking about picking this series up. What’s the general consensus been on its quality?
    By far the best thing Williamson has written at DC imo.

Between Fraction and this, Jimmy Olsen is finally getting to shine again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The 2000s vibe of this series makes me appreciate it more than PKJ's 90s fest.
    What's funny is that I love me some 90s era stuff, still among my fave Superman eras. Same goes for PKJ, I've loved the book since he took over (well once Warworld kicked off, that is). But man, I think I may just like this book a tad better right now.

But if choosing between the two, it really comes down to nitpicking for me, 'cause they're both f'n awesome books imo.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog