Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29697576777879
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1185

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    always cool to see superman not holding back even when its a brief moment. Lena backstory sounds crazy
    I laughed at how fast an unleashed Superman took out The Chained.

He’s a crazy powerful telekinetic but Superman moved faster than he could think/act and he just squashed him.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Superman and SuperLex, together again!

Supercorp is useful!

Superman wears that coat well.

The good: this was a nice showcase of Superman using his brains to win. He's studied kryptonite (because of course he has), and he came up with the plan to use Parasite to absorb all the excess Kryptonite. I liked those two moments. The bad: this whole arc has had some decent moments here and there but the Chained wasn't an interesting bad guy, and while I enjoyed Pharm and Graft I liked them more as mastermind villains upgrading classic Superman Rogues. They're not strong enough to carry an arc on their own, and Letica barely showed up before immediately turning bad. All of that made for an ending that was simply "ok".

Still Williamson managed to tie what happened to Brainiac, perhaps House of Brainiac can give what we've seen more weight. Either way I'm glad the arc is over and now we can get to the big story we've been building to since the run began. Williamson has a bad track record with "big events", but I did enjoy Finish Line as the finale to his Flash run, hopefully that kind of storytelling is what he's aiming to do here for Brainiac.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Things feel like they really came together in this arc.

But if it's not a villainous Luthor matriarch, it's a Brainiac one.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

So touching see Lex actually nearly give his life to save the city. This series does a good job of showing him both his potential to be a hero but so absolutely marred by his flaws. Really is a tragedy how he pathologically can truly turn to the side of good.

Hilarious seeing Lena shut-off the suits of her dad and grandma mid-air. She really does have that little Luthor in her.

Superstar writer Joshua Williamson’s era-defining run on Superman continues in the latest collected edition of the Man of Steel’s contemporary adventures!

What started with the Dawn of DC and Superman’s takeover of Lexcorp—now known as Supercorp—continued with the unforeseen menace named the Chained, and the Lobo army invasion of House of Brainiac!

Find out what’s next for the Man of Steel, his friends, and his enemies, in a new chapter of one of the most talked-about periods of Superman storytelling in years.

This volume collects Superman #16-21.
    Solicit gives nothing away (beyond confirming that yes Williamson is staying on past House of Brainiac) but that’s an interesting name given the JL is currently MIA. Is Williamson going to set up their return here? Oh and it says Tom Reilly will be the artist. I’m a fan and would be happy if true, but man Jamal Campbell cannot do a monthly.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Is Campbell still to be considered as the main artist?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Is Campbell still to be considered as the main artist?
    At this point he isn't even doing the covers anymore so I don't think he so.

Main artists sticking around on a book feel more like an exception than the norm.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Superman back in black for Absolute Power:

Also on sale July 17, Superman #16 not only ties into Absolute Power, but welcomes fan-favorite artist Jamal Campbell back to the series penned by Joshua Williamson. Due to Waller’s Amazo assault by the Last Son, Superman is injured and powerless, having retreated to the Fortress of Solitude. As his home becomes a refuge for survivors, the Man of Steel must go on a dangerous mission into the realm of magic with DC’s backward-speaking spell-slinger, Zatanna.

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/04/18/dc...er-2024-event/

Jamal Campbell + Zatanna = We're eating good .

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was gonna say the same thing.

Plus, black suit Supes!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Campbell and Zatanna make me happy. Sticking Supes in the black suit again for nostalgia and not even bothering to give him a new design the way the rest got irks me though. I’d like to think Waid isn’t that big a baby that he would pitch a fit about Supes getting a new costume for an event, but I can’t be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Campbell and Zatanna make me happy. Sticking Supes in the black suit again for nostalgia and not even bothering to give him a new design the way the rest got irks me though. I’d like to think Waid isn’t that big a baby that he would pitch a fit about Supes getting a new costume for an event, but I can’t be sure.
    I mean, the entire League's in makeshift stuff I don't think this is meant to be styling new suits.