Page 38 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Art's fantastic and I love this scenario, Parasite being a viral infection that can even affect Superman. Seeing those little cell Parasite attacking the bloodstream is a pretty trippy sight.

Also Moonlight makes a Hell of an entrance, the colors just really makes her powers pop especially the contrast between the lights and shadows. Beautiful stuff.

Who were some of those scientists in the meeting? I recognize Dr. Ivo and the twins from Task Force Z (though I forgot their names), who's the bald guy next to them?
    T.O morrow is the normal dude with the mustache (the guy who made Red Tornado) while the bald guy next to him is Dr. Ivo in his New 52 look
    3429212-3074767-professor+ivo+-+new+52.jpg

the twins are dr. Amelia and Delia Shelley

So Moonlight’s powers are connected to light somehow (big shock there I know). What I’m wondering is if she’s a time traveller too. Otherwise I guess she would have to be an immortal if she’s been around since Metropolis as a city was founded. Unless that isn’t Metropolis…
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm probably blanking, but I think we don't get many storylines set in the time period when Metropolis was founded or its early years/decades?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm probably blanking, but I think we don't get many storylines set in the time period when Metropolis was founded or its early years/decades?
    Compared to Gotham? I don't think so.

I think Smallville gets more backstory than Metropolis.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Cool! Gonna add it to my wish list.
    Well don't just take my word for it. I recommend reading some reviews first.

Yeah they're pretty rare. Pretty sure Frontier is right that Smallville's history has been explored more than Metropolis'
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Last major story I remember giving us some Metropolis history was Fraction’s Jimmy Olsen mini, which showed us the ties the Luthors and the Olsen had to the place. It’s a huge blind spot that I’ve been wanting to see fleshed out for ages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Compared to Gotham? I don't think so.

I think Smallville gets more backstory than Metropolis.
    Which is insane, all the more reason to stop giving Clark reasons to go back there all the damn time. The history of the City of Tomorrow is bound to be more exciting than the obscure Midwestern rural town where Clark himself is the most influential person to ever show up there (or at least he should be).

Personally I’m not a fan of Smallville having this super deep backstory, although I did like that Ostrander Kents mini, Metropolis should be the one that has that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Which is insane, all the more reason to stop giving Clark reasons to go back there all the damn time. The history of the City of Tomorrow is bound to be more exciting than the obscure Midwestern rural town where Clark himself is the most influential person to ever show up there (or at least he should be).

Personally I’m not a fan of Smallville having this super deep backstory, although I did like that Ostrander Kents mini, Metropolis should be the one that has that.
    Even the main live-action Superman shows focus more on Smallville .

Astonishing Member

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Metropolis
    I've always found it intriguing that the founder of Metropolis is supposed to be a 'science hero' - an idea introduced by James Robinson (I think) and never reprised.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Another fantastic issue!

PKJ and now Williamson are doing a great job of revamping reinvigorating the classic Superman rogues gallery. Parasite spreading to the point of being a viral infection was pretty creepy.

Was really excited for the debut of Marilyn Moonlight and she didn’t disappoint. I already thought he design was super cool but getting a taste of her powers and backstory intrigued me even more. If Campbell designed her he did a great job. I loved the way her cape makes a crescent moon and he mix of old west and noir hero. I was wondering how they would make it make it so Superman couldn't just stop her with his super speed and strength. Her potentially being a ghost, moving pretty damn fast herself, and ability to become intangible answers that question. The cover shows her possibly controlling shadows like Obsidian, but she also can produce blinding moonlight (which of course is just reflected sunlight). From the glimpse into the past that Superman got it definitely didn’t look like old Metropolis. Seemed a lot more like a western town.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-22-2023 at 06:32 PM.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Superman and the Super-adjacent books are in such a good spot right now. It's exciting to have that A-list push for Superman again!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Last major story I remember giving us some Metropolis history was Fraction’s Jimmy Olsen mini, which showed us the ties the Luthors and the Olsen had to the place. It’s a huge blind spot that I’ve been wanting to see fleshed out for ages.

It's just scattered across so, so many years.

I like the normal city thing personally. Moonlight is cool and I like Williamson doing this Marvel style world building, although it sort of bothers me that this "players behind the curtain" thing is the focus yet again
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Second article of Spoilers of Steel with Williamson is out!

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Metropolis
    I've always found it intriguing that the founder of Metropolis is supposed to be a 'science hero' - an idea introduced by James Robinson (I think) and never reprised.
    Morrison mentioned it in their Action run but never dove too deep into it. I’d love to see more exploration of Waldo beginning to push Metropolis into becoming the “City of Tomorrow”.

Josh, what can you tease about Superman #3 ahead of its release on April 18?

Issue #3 is going to be really fun. Clark gets a new costume just for the issue. Like I was saying, Batman gets all the toys, and I want more Superman toys. It really is Part 3 of this small arc that sets a lot of stuff up, but we're just getting started. There is a lot of cool, fun stuff coming up in this next issue, and you'll see how everything we set in the first issue starts to come together in the third. It's definitely a horror issue, but I think it's funny. I'm a big fan of black humor. I really love Sam Raimi and that kind of stuff. There is definitely a little bit of black humor in the next issue, and it definitely has horror, but it's still Superman, so it's a lot of fun. I love these first three issues. I think these three issues are some of my favorite work I've ever written for DC.
    I’m all for this. Love the classic suit as much as anyone but the resistance from some corners of the Superman fandom to let Clark wear alternate outfits for a bit, or get new toys as Williamson puts it, has hurt his popularity somewhat in my opinion. People like to see new costumes or gadgets or shake ups to the status quo every so often.

I’m all for this. Love the classic suit as much as anyone but the resistance from some corners of the Superman fandom to let Clark wear alternate outfits for a bit, or get new toys as Williamson puts it, has hurt his popularity somewhat in my opinion. People like to see new costumes or gadgets or shake ups to the status quo every so often.
    I remember his environment specific suits he had in S:TAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember his environment specific suits he had in S:TAS.
    I like those too, but even just having Superman wear a new outfit to mark a new era is something I think is a good idea. Batman has all those cool costumes but with the exception of the New 52 outfits, and the Authority outfit, Superman pretty much just wears the same outfit he’s worn since the 1950s. The Reborn suit should have lasted up until 1050 so it would actually be a visual signifier that he’s back in his classic outfit now for this “back to basics” era.

Least Priest has that cool white suit over in Lost, but it would be a crime if we didn’t get to see Campbell design some Superman outfits for as long as he’s on the book.