Page 30 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Alright let’s pour over the teasers:

Here’s all the screens (and poor Bizarro getting taken apart):

Given the return of DCAU Toyman, I’m wondering if Zdarsky is going to kill off “classic” Toyman in his backup? Or that Toyman will be left on another Earth, freeing up the space for a revamped Toyman inspired by the DCAU to take his place.

The panel under the Kryptonite Klaw is the one I’m unsure of still. I can see how it could be Solaris but it’s vague enough that it could be an OC.

I fully believed Williamson wanted to use Maggie Sawyer, but Taylor swiped her for his Nightwing book first. That forced him to create an OC. He could’ve used Henderson I suppose, but I think Henderson is still white on the main Earth? Only non-white Henderson I know of is the black one in Superman Smashes The Klan.
    Where do you guys see the DCAU Toyman here? I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Where do you guys see the DCAU Toyman here? I don't see it.
    He’s in the Bizarro page, look at the screens in between the two metal arms coming down from the ceiling. I missed him myself the first time as well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

He’s in the Bizarro page, look at the screens in between the two metal arms coming down from the ceiling. I missed him myself the first time as well.
    Okay I see it now, thanks

It would be interesting if they made Brainiac more like TAS version. We won’t know what the Legacy title means in James Gunn’s Superman movie, but it could very well have a connection to Brainiac if he’s also taking influence from TAS. That version was was a Kryptonian AI and he literally tells Superman when they first meet “we are the legacy of Krypton.”

The new era for Superman brought me back after leaving in the late 90’s… and I’m loving it. I’ve tried several times to come back but it just lost me..

Is that the new 52 Maxima? Can’t we just have the classic one be her mom or older sister?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It would be interesting if they made Brainiac more like TAS version. We won’t know what the Legacy title means in James Gunn’s Superman movie, but it could very well have a connection to Brainiac if he’s also taking influence from TAS. That version was was a Kryptonian AI and he literally tells Superman when they first meet “we are the legacy of Krypton.”
    Maybe as a Council of Multiversal Brainiacs like the Council of Kangs or Legion of Sivanas (in Thunderworld). I think the Colun origin is just too firmly entrenched.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I kind of wish Kon had importance and plots in this comic, I feel he has a lot of potential with the Williamson's ideas

Perfect time to explore kons DNA triangle with superman and lex. Could give Conner epigentic memery and playoff both of them,and anticipate both their moves.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Is that the new 52 Maxima? Can’t we just have the classic one be her mom or older sister?
    Yeah it’s her. Making Old Maxima her mom is what I would do, but I really don’t even know what the point of NuMaxima is anymore. She’s a lesbian hero not a villain, far as I know she and Superman have never even interacted at all, she has nothing in common with the original Maxima and I don’t see the point in keeping her around to be frank. But we’re stuck with her so let’s see what Williamson does.

Hmm I wonder when Williamson plans on using her? PKJ have some indications that he would like to use Maxima over in Action, hope Williamson seemingly having plans doesn’t take her entirely off the board.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think Williamson might re-establish her as a more classic Maxima, Campbell was just using her New 52 look as a design reference.

Spoilers of Steel: Joshua Williamson Goes All-In on Superman #1
    As Dawn of DC sweeps across the DC Universe, a new era for the Man of Tomorrow and his extended cast begins with the relaunched Superman series by Joshua Williamson and Jamal Campbell. Picking up from the cataclysmic events of Action Comics #1050, Lex Luthor may be in jail, but not before forcing Superman's secret identity back on the world. As Lois Lane acclimates to her new role as The Daily Planet's editor-in-chief, Superman finds his usual rogues' gallery has been undergoing changes of their own across the relaunched series' action-packed opening issue.

In an exclusive postgame interview with CBR as the first of the Spoilers of Steel series examining the big beats in Williamson's Superman run, Joshua Williamson unpacked the major moments in Superman #1, revealed the influences behind the unfolding story, and hinted at the wider implications of the debut issue's shocking ending.
    Looks like CBR is running a new monthly column with Williamson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Williamson might re-establish her as a more classic Maxima, Campbell was just using her New 52 look as a design reference.
    Here’s to hoping. I’m fine with the new one existing as long as we can still have a Maxima in Superman’s Rogues Gallery.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I fully believed Williamson wanted to use Maggie Sawyer, but Taylor swiped her for his Nightwing book first. That forced him to create an OC. He could’ve used Henderson I suppose, but I think Henderson is still white on the main Earth? Only non-white Henderson I know of is the black one in Superman Smashes The Klan.
    Given the squishy nature of DC continuity and the only prominent use of Henderson in decades was in Black Lightning and Smashes the Klan, both of which he was a black guy, I don't think anyone but a handful of fans would've even noticed that Henderson was sporting more melatonin than he was the last time he appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Might be one of those "everything matters" cases and it is old Maxima with new design to imply that somehow it was same character all the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    The new era for Superman brought me back after leaving in the late 90’s… and I’m loving it. I’ve tried several times to come back but it just lost me..
    Same, although I enjoyed the rebirth run with Gleason and stuck around for that but everything else has been utter muck.

Really enjoyed this issue and the art was lovely.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Given the squishy nature of DC continuity and the only prominent use of Henderson in decades was in Black Lightning and Smashes the Klan, both of which he was a black guy, I don't think anyone but a handful of fans would've even noticed that Henderson was sporting more melatonin than he was the last time he appeared.
    He didn't look that sleepy to me :P