Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Superman by Josh Williamson and Jamal Campbell Discussion & Spoilers

Villain for the first arc is apparently Parasite and Lex is in jail after the events of Action 1050. Lot of classic Superman villains are planned to be featured, Silver Banshee, Livewire, Bizarro, etc. Also the classic Superman Daily Planet cast will be showing up here too.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-08-2022 at 11:49 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Wow. Superman getting a solo again. It was about time.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Really fell in love with Jamal's artwork after reading Naomi, very glad he'll still be playing in the Sueprman sandbox. I like that this seems to feel like a very return to status quo for for Superman. I wonder if they are planning on having Lois going back to the planet, with perry and jimmy on the cover?

Looking foward to it!
    Too bad it's only release in February.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Really fell in love with Jamal's artwork after reading Naomi, very glad he'll still be playing in the Sueprman sandbox. I like that this seems to feel like a very return to status quo for for Superman. I wonder if they are planning on having Lois going back to the planet, with perry and jimmy on the cover?
    Isn’t she still at the Planet? Or am I forgetting something? Williamson is definitely a “classic” kind of writer so I fully expect this will be going for a very safe meat and potatoes kind of run. I think the cop up there is supposed to be a new take on Inspector (Commissioner?) Henderson.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Isn’t she still at the Planet? Or am I forgetting something?
    I feel like she isn't? From what I remember, she is just writing books now as seen in warworld rising and started working for the truth network that Jon's boyfriend runs.

EDIT: It's so funny we are talking about this, because Williamson just said in a interview Lois will become the (temporary) editor in chief of the daily planet in issue 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPGdkLaQrzQ

Williamson said a lot in this interview and gave a few spoilers, recommend checking it out
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 10-08-2022 at 12:49 PM.

I’ve lost a ton of faith in Williamson after Shadow War and Dark Crisis but I’m still excited about this.

Happy to see Superman’s classic rogues showing up. Finally someone is using Livewire again! She’s a cool villain and since she’s made of electricity and can become intangible, Superman can just grab or punch her and he can’t use heat vision or super breath.

Interested to see who the big looming figure is. It looks like he has a skeletal face so it could be the new and improved Metallo that PKJ is building up.

Isn’t she still at the Planet? Or am I forgetting something? Williamson is definitely a “classic” kind of writer so I fully expect this will be going for a very safe meat and potatoes kind of run. I think the cop up there is supposed to be a new take on Inspector (Commissioner?) Henderson.
    I hope it’s Inspector Henderson. the Metropolis SCU hasn’t played a big role in Superman stories in a very long time. It’s unfortunate Maggie Sawyer isn’t available but here’s hoping Dan Turpin shows up. Superman needs his own version of Jim Gordon

New Superman ongoing!

Art by Campbell!

We actually using Livewire right now! (seriously why did they try to make her into a batgirl villain?)

Aw man I feel vindicated and optimistic about the future right now

Stealing Superman characters to make them Bat-characters or some other book's character has been an annoying trend for a long time. Thankfully in this case at least one will be rectified.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Williamson apparently featuring the Daily Planet cast is sure to be interesting, if we're still sticking with Clark having a public identity. Will he try to make the two work together, I wonder?