Page 74 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1188

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    So the ones on the Luthor Revenge Squad are Dr Pharm, Mr Graft, The Chained and Lena?
    Which Lena: the sister or the daughter?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    It's the Barbara Gordon situation all over again .

Extraordinary Member

The sister Lena.
    Who has her own daughter Lori.

The daughter Lena

Superman 007 (2023)_029.jpg

Lex Luthor's kid being creepy? Kinda stereotypical, isn't it.

I believe it will be Lena I (the sister) on the Squad. If you look at the cover for the March issue, Lex is wearing his Superman armor from the Rebirth era. That was also the last time we saw Lena, and Lex locked Lena up under Lexcorp during his Superman phase.

As a continuity junkie I bet Williamson fishes her back out, she and Chained have similar experiences and reasons to hate Lex after all. Fits with the Luthor family reuniting too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Metropolis is explicitly a West Coast City now! Fan of the change myself. Fits both with DC having moved from NYC to Burbank in the real world, Superman being associated with sunlight, and with Metropolis being this tech focused "City of Tomorrow". Hopefully it should also help writers flesh out the city more going forward, they can draw on other real world cities to differentiate it more from Gotham which is steeped in East Coast lore with the Wayne Puritan roots.

Looking forward to Terra-Man showing up next issue, amusing that he starts out unknowingly fighting an alien in Supes before getting abducted by aliens and spending centuries out in space.

Not a bad cowboy look. Pharm and Graft appear to be either immortal or have built some kind of hibernation chamber to survive into the modern day. Theory time: they’re the ones who sold Terra-Man to those aliens who abducted him
    In exchange for alien tech that lets them live longer.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

The cape turned red poncho looks pretty great.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

You can tell he's having fun with this. He won't let a wee thing like Kryptonite infection stop from having the time of his life in the Wild West.

spoilers:
    Huh Lena is now working at Supercorp, wonder what she plans on asking the Lex AI.
    end of spoilers

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Hype!!!hell yeah!! I am gonna get back into this..See this is my Kinda superman..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-20-2023 at 08:36 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I wouldn't have see the cliffhanger ending coming if it wasn't for the solicit of the next issue. I had to pretend to be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Metropolis is explicitly a West Coast City now! Fan of the change myself. Fits both with DC having moved from NYC to Burbank in the real world, Superman being associated with sunlight, and with Metropolis being this tech focused "City of Tomorrow". Hopefully it should also help writers flesh out the city more going forward, they can draw on other real world cities to differentiate it more from Gotham which is steeped in East Coast lore with the Wayne Puritan roots.

Looking forward to Terra-Man showing up next issue, amusing that he starts out unknowingly fighting an alien in Supes before getting abducted by aliens and spending centuries out in space.

Not a bad cowboy look. Pharm and Graft appear to be either immortal or have built some kind of hibernation chamber to survive into the modern day. Theory time: they’re the ones who sold Terra-Man to those aliens who abducted him
    In exchange for alien tech that lets them live longer.
    That would be a clever way of bring back Terra Man back.

Graft and Pharm older than they seemed.

And be honest, it is more probable than Lena Jr. was the one working against her father instead Lena Sr. However i must confess don't know the status of Lena Sr. at this moment.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I need some figure/statue company to come out with a cowboy Supes figure STAT. So freaking cool!

That would be a clever way of bring back Terra Man back.

Graft and Pharm older than they seemed.

And be honest, it is more probable than Lena Jr. was the one working against her father instead Lena Sr. However i must confess don't know the status of Lena Sr. at this moment.
    It could be Junior going against her dad, but I think it’s Senior because that’s the kind of continuity acknowledgment that Williamson loves, and I suspect Lena II turning on her dad will happen during the Brainiac storyline. Feels too soon for Junior to attack her dad since she only just got back to Metropolis.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I find it funny that Williamson is having Cowboy Superman at the same time Taylor is doing Pirate Nightwing. Almost like there's a fun new toyline to market.

But seriously, it's fun to play around with a heroes setting without nuking the previous status quo and making it a long, drawn out thing.

Supes is a cowboy for a few issues. Have fun!
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!