Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1188
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I genuinely do not get the hate for Shush.
    I both love and hate it.

In a bubble it's awful. Hush is pretty bad, but at least has a little bite to the sound (harsh 'Hu' start), but adding the 's' makes me think of being told off by a cranky librarian. It's not cool and doesn't have any punch as a word (or onomatopoeia).

However, it's a female version of Hush. She-Hush. Shush. That's comic book nonsense at its finest.

I hope she has a better time of it than Hush, man was that character a damp squib.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It is amazing that same guy came up with this and Shush, or Brainiac Queen.

"Brainiac Queen" is going to be a character?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Wow that is really good, up there with the Champion of the Oppressed and the Man of Tomorrow for me.
    What’s cool is that this nickname could apply in all settings, sounds cool even if it wasn’t a western story.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Did my heart good to see Kenan has the good haircut again! Between Melkinov and Bogdanovic both drawing Kenan with his old haircut, it’s only a matter of time until he gets it back, especially since PKJ is leaving. Solid issue all around, Chained is confirmed to have TTK and is indeed Stryker. Pharm and Graft helped bust him out to recruit him for their master plan. Perry is officially running for mayor, so Lois is stuck in the editor role for a while longer. Hope Perry gets more use in that position, I can see how it could lead to stories for both him and the Supers, but it all depends on there occasionally being cause for him and Supes to butt heads. So the Czarnians are seemingly willing servants of Brainiac, their home world covered up their existence out of shame which is why initially Lobo was the one exception to his race being pacifists, and unlike other villains Brainiac is still a huge *******. Dude wiped out an entire planet to test his new troops. Oh and Lena II is back!

Figured it was her or the Contessa. Makes sense to have Lena II back for a big Brainiac story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post

"Brainiac Queen" is going to be a character?
    She’s in the NYCC thread. In the big black and white spread she is on the right across from Brainiac. Also this may have been her:

Either that or like Lex, Brainiac is making himself a daughter. Could be fun, implication sure seems to be that the BQ has a hand in why Metropolis is so advanced and why Earth has a bunch of metahumans.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

what's up with Lex daughter forehead?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    what's up with Lex daughter forehead?
    I'm guessing it's a leftover from when Brainiac had taken her during the Loeb/Kelly run.

Yeah the implication is a version of Y2K happened somehow.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Did Lois' hair grow out?

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Did my heart good to see Kenan has the good haircut again! Between Melkinov and Bogdanovic both drawing Kenan with his old haircut, it’s only a matter of time until he gets it back, especially since PKJ is leaving. Solid issue all around, Chained is confirmed to have TTK and is indeed Stryker. Pharm and Graft helped bust him out to recruit him for their master plan. Perry is officially running for mayor, so Lois is stuck in the editor role for a while longer. Hope Perry gets more use in that position, I can see how it could lead to stories for both him and the Supers, but it all depends on there occasionally being cause for him and Supes to butt heads. So the Czarnians are seemingly willing servants of Brainiac, their home world covered up their existence out of shame which is why initially Lobo was the one exception to his race being pacifists, and unlike other villains Brainiac is still a huge *******. Dude wiped out an entire planet to test his new troops. Oh and Lena II is back!

Figured it was her or the Contessa. Makes sense to have Lena II back for a big Brainiac story.

She’s in the NYCC thread. In the big black and white spread she is on the right across from Brainiac. Also this may have been her:

Either that or like Lex, Brainiac is making himself a daughter. Could be fun, implication sure seems to be that the BQ has a hand in why Metropolis is so advanced and why Earth has a bunch of metahumans.
    And that was Cosmic Boy's world that got attacked. I love seeing the worlds of LOSH members show up in the present day.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

That moment with Lex is sweet if he actually is being honest. It’s always interesting those moments when Superman actually reaches out to Lex. Shows that somewhere deep inside, try as he might to hate him with all his heart Lex Luthor is a believer.

On another note that scene where Chained brings down buildings, I'm reminded of that scene from Invincible ya know the one. Only the Superfamily are experienced and skilled enough to rescue all the people and keep the damage contained to minimal levels. Poor Mark meanwhile was way too inexperienced to save anyone, poor guy.

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    And that was Cosmic Boy's world that got attacked. I love seeing the worlds of LOSH members show up in the present day.
    Durlan is rising in prominence as well with Thaaros getting elected head of the UP.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

- Cho cover kinda feels cynical

- Lex having family show up is hilarious. Somehow it reminds me of Spider-Man and I want a love triangle between Leticia, Vincent Edge, and Doc Ock over here

- I see what was meant by Brainiac Queen. Not that the name would be more ridiculous than most, I just would feel so weird watching them come up with it if it were official
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Nice to see all those green details in Lena, including her forehead mark. I wonder how much time before her mother appears again?
    Also, considering what the czarnians did, I think than the Bride of Brainiac is going to be a "composite Superwoman" of sort. Don't be surprised about the next world attacked are going to be known places known in the 31st century.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Yeah the implication is a version of Y2K happened somehow.
    Not only Y2K but OWAW too, where Lena was rescued by Superman from Brainiac.
    And yes, that is an spoiler from a sotry from 20 years ago, so what.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Nice to see all those green details in Lena, including her forehead mark. I wonder how much time before her mother appears again?
    Also, considering what the czarnians did, I think than the Bride of Brainiac is going to be a "composite Superwoman" of sort. Don't be surprised about the next world attacked are going to be known places known in the 31st century.
    Lex had Contessa nuked when he was running for President.