Page 33 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Is that Joe Mad art? Gotta love that guy's work (when he does any).

And nobody should squash Darkseid. Darkseid is.
    Tell that to supertrigon!!!
    "So you are the so called new god..i am unimpressed"

S'iva's dance alone could take apart darkseid(the reason why darkseid can't handle music)...why? cause he is mere ignorance that fails to acknowledge that creation and destruction are mere illusion for the world simply is..and the distinctions are made by ego..his ego.
    Even his true form.(yeah! Morrison i can take your concepts and run with it.)Therefore even his quest for anti life and his search absolute control over will is futile.

Honestly,anyone with old gods abilities should wreck darkseid.i also thing the presence shouldn't be just a being or beings but also a manifestation.You know,kirby-fied dc is would be something i like.Cause everyother attempt to make dc's cosmic universe a bit for big but with cohesive structure like marvel has never worked..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-25-2023 at 10:53 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Is that Joe Mad art? Gotta love that guy's work (when he does any).

And nobody should squash Darkseid. Darkseid is.
    I think that's Jonboy Meyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's Jonboy Meyers.
    Yeah it’s Meyers. Pity he’s only a cover artist these days, I’ve always liked his art.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah it’s Meyers. Pity he’s only a cover artist these days, I’ve always liked his art.
    I still remember when he did all the designs for Teen Titans Rebirth and was slated to be the main artist and then bowed out after the first issue or so. It was so abrupt.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I still remember when he did all the designs for Teen Titans Rebirth and was slated to be the main artist and then bowed out after the first issue or so. It was so abrupt.
    Guess he couldn't do the interiors for a full book for whatever reason.

(Superman stuff starts around the 39 minute mark)

-He has a Daily Planet notebook that he fills with ideas
    -One of his rules for himself was no riffing on stories that Geoff Johns or Grant Morrison did, he knows he’s been guilty of that before, his goal for this Superman book is moving into the new while still playing with all the classic toys
    -Praises Campbell as a collaborator, says Campbell is great at depicting Superman’s world in a way that feels familiar but looks new. They both were on the same page regarding the STAS influence.
    -Teases that Lois will be making some controversial decisions, Lois being the boss means that her perspective on things is going to change because she has to keep the paper afloat. At the same time Superman is in a similar place because he’s the “boss” of SuperCorp even though Mercy is running the day to day
    -He and PKJ have been talking about some stuff coming up for Conner
    -Mentions that to use characters who weren’t created in the comics first you have to get permission from the department it was created for. Livewire specifically is one he had to go get permission to use, but he really wanted her because of how much he loves STAS
    -This will be more of a pulpy take on Superman
    -Clark and Lex talking will be a running theme
    -Livewire and Parasite are going to keep showing up in the book even after this initial opening three issue arc
    -Wants to move faster on Superman, more compressed stories, his B plots are going to be running through the arcs
    -Issue 4 has the classic Metropolis subterranean monsters (maybe some of Pak’s stuff will come back?)
    -Superman finds out that Lex had a bunch of secret projects going on that no one knew about
    -Wants to explore the time period before Clark arrived in Metropolis where Lex was on the rise, explore why Lex feels ownership over Metropolis, explore the secret history of Metropolis, what crime was like in Metropolis pre-Superman
    -Lex trying to kill Superman and run Lexcorp was basically his side gig compared to all the experiments he was running and now Clark has to deal with this
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

-One of his rules for himself was no riffing on stories that Geoff Johns or Grant Morrison did, he knows he’s been guilty of that before, his goal for this Superman book is moving into the new while still playing with all the classic toys
    This sounds promising since to me him playing with Morrison's toys was major problem with his work during Infinite Frontier "era".

Issue 4 has the classic Metropolis subterranean monsters (maybe some of Pak’s stuff will come back?)
    That would be nice.

(Superman stuff starts around the 39 minute mark)

-He has a Daily Planet notebook that he fills with ideas
    That's cute.
    That's surprisingly self-aware of him.

Meanwhile riffing on Grant Morrison is basically Chip Zdarsky's main thing with his Batman run.
    -Praises Campbell as a collaborator, says Campbell is great at depicting Superman’s world in a way that feels familiar but looks new. They both were on the same page regarding the STAS influence.
    Cool!
    -Teases that Lois will be making some controversial decisions, Lois being the boss means that her perspective on things is going to change because she has to keep the paper afloat. At the same time Superman is in a similar place because he’s the “boss” of SuperCorp even though Mercy is running the day to day
    Hopefully it's handled better than Lois running the paper on SM&L.
    -He and PKJ have been talking about some stuff coming up for Conner
    Be nice to get more stuff with Conner outside his mini.
    -Mentions that to use characters who weren’t created in the comics first you have to get permission from the department it was created for. Livewire specifically is one he had to go get permission to use, but he really wanted her because of how much he loves STAS
    That's interesting. I would've just thought Livewire was regarded as a normal comics character at this point but it seems a little more complicated than that.
    Yay!
    -Clark and Lex talking will be a running theme
    Crossing my fingers for some good Clark/Lex content.
    -Livewire and Parasite are going to keep showing up in the book even after this initial opening three issue arc
    Sounds good to me!
    -Wants to move faster on Superman, more compressed stories, his B plots are going to be running through the arcs
    Hope the pacing works out.
    -Issue 4 has the classic Metropolis subterranean monsters (maybe some of Pak’s stuff will come back?)
    That would be cool.
    -Superman finds out that Lex had a bunch of secret projects going on that no one knew about
    -Wants to explore the time period before Clark arrived in Metropolis where Lex was on the rise, explore why Lex feels ownership over Metropolis, explore the secret history of Metropolis, what crime was like in Metropolis pre-Superman
    -Lex trying to kill Superman and run Lexcorp was basically his side gig compared to all the experiments he was running and now Clark has to deal with this
    This run seems tailor made for a "Lex Luthor: Year One" arc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    This sounds promising since to me him playing with Morrison's toys was major problem with his work during Infinite Frontier "era".

That would be nice.
    I think that he's referring to those subterranean monsters who appeared in Jurgens' and Simonson's run back in the days (Dabney Donovan was involved, if I remember it well..)
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

He’s a continuity junkie so it could be a conglomeration of all the various Metropolis “undercities” that have shown up. Maybe he plans on establishing that they’re all canon and are just competing with each other for territory and resources? Wouldn’t surprise me if Krull makes his Earth 0 debut since I don’t think he’s ever been ported over from All-Star.

[
    Yeah!i call bull..i grew up on the shit.My favourite was phantom.This has none of those.But,i am enjoy this.Lex is just awesome...Unless that woman with the hat is what you are talking about.

Anyways,Read moore or watch darkwing duck(parody) for that kinda thing.Even Morrison's authority is somewhat comparable..every robin hood needs his merry men
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-27-2023 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah!i call bull..i grew up on the shit.My favourite was phantom.This has none of those.But,i am enjoy this.Lex is just awesome...Unless that woman with the hat is what you are talking about.

Anyways,Read moore or watch darkwing duck(parody) for that kinda thing.Even Morrison's authority is somewhat comparable..every robin hood needs his merry men
    I think there's various kinds of "pulpy" though it might play out more as the rung goes along.

Yeah, these days I have no idea what people actually mean when call something "pulpy",

Yeah, these days I have no idea what people actually mean when call something "pulpy",
    Well he’s specifically mentioned that he grew up reading Doc Savage, so he knows the roots of what Siegel and Shuster were drawing on to create Superman. How that will manifest in his writing is yet to be revealed.

It doesn't have a meaning..they aren't that far from superheroes.But,yet they really...really are in terms of maturity,societal commentaries, demographics they served..etc.They were cheap and didn't treat children like they are idiots.They didn't serve purpose of being collectors item but that of stories that have ends and beginnings even with characters that will be used again by different people...
    I think this would be how i define it.

Superman is standard superhero here and batman is more "pulpy"...
    I generally think the comics code created the superhero as in modern sense.That's cutoff point and the entire culture changed.Look at design of flash jay garrick and flash barry allen.everything screams a story with jay garrick.So does with the tshirt and jeans or the strongman man of action suit superman..while superheroes all wear standardised tights crap..for pulp hero much like the xmen(even still have to copy tights and capes) it was an expression of their individuality.
    Edit-i think,jason todd would make a great pulp fiction hero like the shadow...I loved the outlaws book.

I think there's various kinds of "pulpy" though it might play out more as the rung goes along.
    There is.but generally there are troupes and things like that.
    Well he’s specifically mentioned that he grew up reading Doc Savage, so he knows the roots of what Siegel and Shuster were drawing on to create Superman. How that will manifest in his writing is yet to be revealed.
    That's exactly what i am talking about..onr of the troupes..The merry men,the musketeers, fabulous five,...in superman's case..the authority.It's the troupe.Most pulp hero don't operate alone even with their fortresses of solitudes...
    Edit- i am talking about so far..but,we will see.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-28-2023 at 01:58 AM.