Page 17 of 79 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    As long as they ditch the whole Jor El-Was-A-Psychotic-Ass-That Doesn't Like-Humans-And A-Horrible-Granddaddy stupidity, I do not mind how many times they intend updating his appearance.
    Yeah, I hope they don't mention that for a looooooooong time.

Spectacular Member

Secret origins being canon was always going to be the inevitable outcome, even with the return of mark waid in the drivers seat

Mark waid’s birthright was a compromise that mark waid did to appease the post-crisis status quo but also putting more silver age elements into it

Geoff went full neo-silver age in secret origins, something mark waid was not allowed to do but you can tell he wanted to do it really badly

Sometimes I wished that mark waid was allowed to bring back krypto, Superboy, and the legion of superheroes in birthright

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Yeah, now that I look at it there are similarities (well, except for Lara's bizarre hat/hairstyle/whatever it is). The official origin seems to be Johns' SO, anyway (with Superboy back in continuity, apparently).
    I can't believe it but I could actually give it a chance for a couple of issues.
    Once Johns debuts his Legion book, which will presumably use Hypertime to replace the Bendis Legion as the “canon” Legion with the Retroboot, SO will be fully recanonized again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    Secret origins being canon was always going to be the inevitable outcome, even with the return of mark waid in the drivers seat

Mark waid’s birthright was a compromise that mark waid did to appease the post-crisis status quo but also putting more silver age elements into it

Geoff went full neo-silver age in secret origins, something mark waid was not allowed to do but you can tell he wanted to do it really badly

Sometimes I wished that mark waid was allowed to bring back krypto, Superboy, and the legion of superheroes in birthright
    There's always Birthright 2.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Once Johns debuts his Legion book, which will presumably use Hypertime to replace the Bendis Legion as the “canon” Legion with the Retroboot, SO will be fully recanonized again.
    So will the Bendis Legion be shunted off to another Earth like Threeboot?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The book actually has to come out and be acknowledged by other writers first

Two things that might be easier said than done

The book actually has to come out and be acknowledged by other writers first

Two things that might be easier said than done
    There's the upcoming animated series that uses his take so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Incredible Member

Okay, probably a hot take hotten than the sun but I have to say it:

I don't like how Jamal Campbell draws Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    For all intents and purposes yeah, that’s probably what will happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Okay, probably a hot take hotten than the sun but I have to say it:

I don't like how Jamal Campbell draws Superman.
    You’re the first one I’ve seen who doesn’t like his art. Nobody is ever universally beloved however.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    There's the upcoming animated series that uses his take so it's not out of the realm of possibility.
    If that show is released and let alone successful, kid Jon and retroboot restoration is basically out the window, kid Jon was already out the window but that legion show will bury it under an extra 6 feet of dirt just to make sure

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Didn't that get replaced by that Supergirl animated movie?

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    No those two were always separate projects. Bendis was pitching a LoSH animated series for HBO Max, not a DTV one off.

If that show is released and let alone successful, kid Jon and retroboot restoration is basically out the window, kid Jon was already out the window but that legion show will bury it under an extra 6 feet of dirt just to make sure
    There's always flashbacks.

No idea.

No those two were always separate projects. Bendis was pitching a LoSH animated series for HBO Max, not a DTV one off.
    Well, it feels like we haven't heard anything about the HBO Max series in forever, are we still getting it?

Did I ever share this interview? I don’t think I did. It came out the same day as the announcement.
    I can tell you the names I have a bunch of working titles for the issues. One of them is 'Night of the Parasite.' One is called 'The Last Son of Earth,' one is called 'The Man of Yesterday.' One is called 'The Kryptonite Killer.'
    It’s a good interview, really goes into his thought process on how he approaches the job and why he took the book in the first place. Kryptonite Killer is probably a Kryptonite Man story, Williamson referred to the New 52 Morrison Superman in his Batman/Superman arc so that’s the one I hope he uses. Don’t know who Last Son of Earth and Man of Yesterday could be referring to.
    Well, it feels like we haven't heard anything about the HBO Max series in forever, are we still getting it?
    Probably not. Zaslav specifically called out animation as an area they overspent on and are cutting back. Definitely followed through on that, just today JL/JLU got taken off of HBO Max. DC is apparently making a deal with Amazon regarding animated DC content, but whether that’s referring to new shows or old ones I can’t say. Gunn has said he wants animated DCU shows, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Bendis’ Legion got scrapped in favor of a Legion show that’s tied to Gunn’s Superman reboot.