Page 21 of 80 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Wow, this art looks flippin great!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ahaha our first look at the book's interior, nice

Campbell looks great

Confirmation that Lex is playing the long game then. I’m wondering if he will be having a hand in “upgrading” the other Rogues behind the scenes, perhaps as part of a gambit to force Clark to change his methods by increasing the threat levels of the villains he fights.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

I liked the artwork, but does that mean Jimmy will again forget Clark's secret identity? I do not like this! I feel like DC writers haven't cared about Clark and Jimmy's friendship and relationship for years, as they barely seem to be friends or close to each other, shouldn't he be one of Clark's best friends? He doesn't feature much in the comics, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I liked the artwork, but does that mean Jimmy will again forget Clark's secret identity? I do not like this! I feel like DC writers haven't cared about Clark and Jimmy's friendship and relationship for years, as they barely seem to be friends or close to each other, shouldn't he be one of Clark's best friends? He doesn't feature much in the comics, right?
    Well, he might be dating Silver Banshee as an equalizer .

https://twitter.com/williamson_josh/...vLS1jtFhCWHvPA
    I love the cover to SUPERMAN #1 that Jamal Campbell put together. It nailed the energy of the new series.

AND it features CLUES as to what will be happening in the series, including hints on THREE new villains.

Pre-order SUPERMAN #1 with your comic book store!
    Two are obviously in the top left but can anyone spot the third?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Unfortunately yes, it seems Jimmy will forget the secret identity. He is set to get a lot of focus in Williamson’s run however per Williamson himself. One of the upcoming arcs is about Jimmy unknowingly dating a super villain, which is probably Silver Banshee.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Maybe it's those tiny eyes below Parasite at the bottom left?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I wouldn't worry about Jimmy not knowing. It's very likely he'll eventually find out Clark's secret ID in the next relaunch... just to forget again in the one coming after. History will repeat itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe it's those tiny eyes below Parasite at the bottom left?
    Possible, I figured those were thralls/servants of Parasite but maybe Williamson considers them new villains

2 things

- can't Jimmy be used more,and with more fun if he is best friends with Clark Kent ,but also best friends with superman,but he doesn't know his best friend is both ?

- now thst superman is way more powerful,wouldnt parasite just suck it out of him,and make him go right back to where he normally is?

Metallos kryptonite might not even work on him anymore.

I want to see superman take on a whole squadron of zods men now,see how much the power up really works
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Hm the new character’s name is “Marilyn Moonlight” and there’s a giant moon over the other two villains… maybe that’s a hint on where Marilyn is ultimately going to end up in her conflict with Superman?

BANNED

One of the things that worries me the most is Superman's power level. The normal Superman when facing weaker villains is often written as an idiot or useless, now with his new level of power he could be even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    One of the things that worries me the most is Superman's power level. The normal Superman when facing weaker villains is often written as an idiot or useless, now with his new level of power he could be even worse.
    Thst was the whole point of saying "wouldn't parasite just suck him dry and back to his regular levels","is Metallos kryptonite even goi g to effect him",and how would.zod and his ppl do against him,together"

He is probably many times more powerful than the rest of the family now,so what hope do they have personally about taking over.for him
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Technically yes, Parasite could just drain Clark, but that requires Clark to not fight back which he has shown himself capable of doing. There’s also the common cliche of Parasite draining more power than he can handle and overloading, which might be the case if he tried to feed on Supes. Parasite’s powers are also seemingly going to be evolving per Williamson and the solicits, so what he can and can’t do might be changing.

So is supermans new power levels a matter of absorbing more power and keeping it,OR leveling up his natural state,as in its his new normal and not something thst can be taken away