Page 46 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Should be interesting...

No official announcement yet, but I have a hunch that Gleb Melnikov is going to be rotating art with Campbell instead of Dragotta as was originally announced. Melnikov has posted a bunch of art that looks like it’s tied in to what Williamson has been doing, and I doubt they’re going to be putting out another Superman book:

He’s also drawn Mercy, I posted that in the Rogues thread. Last pic looks like AI Lex, love that Clark is actually forced to use that damn thing. Maybe we’ll get a situation where AI Lex and real Lex both give Superman different advice on what to do.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    No official announcement yet, but I have a hunch that Gleb Melnikov is going to be rotating art with Campbell instead of Dragotta as was originally announced. Melnikov has posted a bunch of art that looks like it’s tied in to what Williamson has been doing, and I doubt they’re going to be putting out another Superman book:

He’s also drawn Mercy, I posted that in the Rogues thread. Last pic looks like AI Lex, love that Clark is actually forced to use that damn thing. Maybe we’ll get a situation where AI Lex and real Lex both give Superman different advice on what to do.
    I wouldn't mind! I really like his art and he pairs well with Williamson.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I'm okay with this, I don't necessarily love Dragotta (and I did like that Mercy sketch).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Moreso than Dragotta. I think his Supes looks kinda weird at times...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

His pencils really remind me of some old school stuff and don't ask me why but specifically, his buildings remind me of the orphanage lol
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

More from Gleb:

I hope he gets to draw Livewire!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

More from Gleb:

I hope he gets to draw Livewire!
    Wait that's for this book?

Extraordinary Member

Superman #4 Preview
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artist: Jamal Campbell and Nick Dragotta

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Wait that's for this book?
    We don't know for sure, Vordan is making an educated guess.

I have questions.

So Siobhan and Jimmy are living together? It seems like they've been involved for a bit instead of being a recent hookup.

Also Siobhan has a human form but can freely transform. I wonder if Williamson is trying to mold her New 52 and Post-Crisis incarnations together here. I mean she hasn't had any storylines since the New 52 Supergirl so there's a lot of free space to reinvent her now.

Weaponizing all the various Kryptonites? Cool.

Screen Shot 2023-05-12 at 2.27.59 PM.jpg

Always with the Turtle Boy references

I wanted to be wrong, but SB is one of my favorite low key villains and this looks like a pretty lame take on Siobhan from where I sit. They actually made her pretty cool in the New 52 so it's like the only bad option was the post IC one

They are really selling... Dr Pharm? With a kryptonite claw that takes out people who have no tie to krypton?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I wanted to be wrong, but SB is one of my favorite low key villains and this looks like a pretty lame take on Siobhan from where I sit. They actually made her pretty cool in the New 52 so it's like the only bad option was the post IC one

They are really selling... Dr Pharm? With a kryptonite claw that takes out people who have no tie to krypton?
    I wonder if he mixed Red and Green to change her back.

Are we keeping the magical banshee origins? Was the new 52 Silver Banshee a actual banshee?

I wonder if he mixed Red and Green to change her back.
    Haha, I don't see a matter of color. Her powers are magic, you can't really just hit her with kryptonite.