Page 49 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Williamson teasing something major and it’s connected to the first issue’s final page which had Brainiac? Methinks we might be getting a crossover between the Superbooks that’s about Brainiac making his big move. Only other big question is if it’s connected to that “Return of the Justice League” Dawn of DC tease that was leaked. I’m not actually opposed to a big Superman event, even if I am wary about Williamson doing all of these events in rapid succession. Superman needs a “Sinestro Corps War” story that forces everyone to pay attention to him for once. And if it goes well, both Williamson and PKJ would benefit from a sales boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Jorge Jimenez needs to... get back into drawing Superman, lol
    I’d love to see him back on the Superbooks again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I'm not sure why it's hard to do a Superman event, but it just has to be. I can only imagine that people hate having to pay attention to him specifically when they aren't in the first place.

And it's weird thinking of a JL return when we just had the new Avengers today
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'm not sure why it's hard to do a Superman event, but it just has to be. I can only imagine that people hate having to pay attention to him specifically when they aren't in the first place.

His inability to get that “big” story is part of why he’s struggled over the past couple decades I think. “Event” stories draw in casuals, that’s why the Big 2 keep doing them. My suspicion is that editorial is partly to blame over why they haven’t been able to pull off one. With a new editor running things I’m optimistic that if this is an event/crossover, this time they’ll be able to pull it off. They have the writing and art talent to make it work, Brainiac is a “big” enough villain to not need much in the way of build up over why him showing up is a big deal, and there’s a lot of new eyes on the character now that Gunn is rebooting him for the big screen.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

How I wish a JL return would be half as good as McKay’s Avengers. That was glorious.
    Now I want DC to take a similar approach. Pick a classic team that hasn’t been together for a while and throw in some curveballs and new character hooks.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    How I wish a JL return would be half as good as McKay’s Avengers. That was glorious.
    Now I want DC to take a similar approach. Pick a classic team that hasn’t been together for a while and throw in some curveballs and new character hooks.
    That Avengers roster is classic, but those particular 7 Avengers have never been an Avengers team before.
    Who would you choose for a new Justice League team?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    His inability to get that “big” story is part of why he’s struggled over the past couple decades I think. “Event” stories draw in casuals, that’s why the Big 2 keep doing them. My suspicion is that editorial is partly to blame over why they haven’t been able to pull off one. With a new editor running things I’m optimistic that if this is an event/crossover, this time they’ll be able to pull it off. They have the writing and art talent to make it work, Brainiac is a “big” enough villain to not need much in the way of build up over why him showing up is a big deal, and there’s a lot of new eyes on the character now that Gunn is rebooting him for the big screen.
    It has to be better than another Batman event.

Fear and Joker War were atrocious.

Which makes it unfortunate that the first Wonder Woman event in a long while, Trial of the Amazons, wasn't that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    That Avengers roster is classic, but those particular 7 Avengers have never been an Avengers team before.
    Who would you choose for a new Justice League team?
    I'd have a slightly larger team (10 instead of 7), but I would have the members rotate depending on mission/availability (5-7 per mission).
    This would allow to have a mix of a classic and popular team with some different choices that could use more development.
    There would be 5 big guns who already carry solos (or should be, in Aquaman's case) and 5 others who could get more focus and character development.

For the Big Guns, my picks would be Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman and John Stewart.
    For the others:
    1- Martian Manhunter (finally as team leader)
    2- Hawkgirl (now in charge of the Hall of Justice and its museum)
    3- Tomorrow Woman (their tech/AI expert, capable of doing monitor duties and being in action at the same time)
    4- Ryan Choi Atom (the scientist and fresh blood)
    5- Xanadu (the mystical expert and wildcard)

Vixen and Zatanna would be honorary members but would be otherwise occupied with the Global Guardians and Shadowpact, respectively.

KNIGHT TERRORS: SUPERMAN #2

Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSO
    Art by TOM REILLY
    Cover by GLEB MELNIKOV
    Variant covers by JON BOGDANOVE and JOHN GIANG
    1:25 variant cover by MIKEL JANÍN
    1:50 variant cover by PETE WOODS
    $4.99 US | 32 pages | 2 of 2 | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 8/15/23
    In the terrifying Nightmare Realm, Superman and Supergirl search for answers and the rest of their family, but Superman is pulled into a haunted part of Metropolis’s past, where he learns more about Marilyn Moonlight! In the waking world, an unlikely DC superhero family works to save the world from the Sleepless Knights.
    Excited to see Williamson give us a Superman/Supergirl teamup story. He’s been hands off with the Superfamily because they’re mostly under PKJ’s purview, good to see him use them when he can.

Always nice to see Clark and Kara together .

Incredible Member

Seconding that. Kara's been out of focus in Action Comics so I hope she's well done here.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Right, I'm not satiated from her recent story lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I like Superman more than all of the avengers combined but I rarely care about the JL and ironically, being a Superman fan is part of it.

Unless they go without the big seven approach I think the next JL will put me to sleep like usual
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Right, I'm not satiated from her recent story lol

I like Superman more than all of the avengers combined but I rarely care about the JL and ironically, being a Superman fan is part of it.

Unless they go without the big seven approach I think the next JL will put me to sleep like usual
    Only fanbase I’ve ever seen pushing hard to see their guy on the League is the various GLs. The Wondy fanbase hates seeing her with the League, the Batman fans don’t care, and with Supes it’s a mixed bag. Some of his best moments are with the JLA, but so are a whole bunch of his worst.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Only fanbase I’ve ever seen pushing hard to see their guy on the League is the various GLs. The Wondy fanbase hates seeing her with the League, the Batman fans don’t care, and with Supes it’s a mixed bag. Some of his best moments are with the JLA, but so are a whole bunch of his worst.
    I'm amused that I can understand the reasoning for those disparate reactions.

Green Lantern fans use League placement as validity for their preferred character's standing and prominence since everyone is fighting for spotlight. John Stewart fans especially can be pretty desperate for this.

Wonder Woman fans can be extremally oversensitive about her treatment anywhere though in fairness she does tend to be written badly on Justice League as the brutish warrior more often than not.

Batman is Batman, doesn't matter if he's on Justice League or not he'll appear anywhere.

With Superman its a coin flip whether he'll be treated well, so similar issues to Wonder Woman though she suffers it worst.

I feel like I'm one of the few guys on this forum who actually likes seeing everybody together in the JL.

I don't think it's hard to do a Super event. In fact, Clark is probably the easiest guy to build an Event around.

No, I think the only reason we don't see Super events is because DC didn't want to give him the attention. It's a known fact that Didio didn't like or understand the character, WB's last regime likewise thought he was outdated and broken, and nobody at WB or DC seem able to look past their Bat wanking to recognize how many incredible, amazing characters they have who live beyond Gotham. Bottom line, the company thinks (or thought, until the current crew) Superman is lame. That's the only reason we didn't get more Events about him.

And nobody likes having to follow a character just for the Event, regardless of who it's about, but enough people will do it anyway that it remains viable for DC. They don't care if non-fans have to read about the character. They actually want that, it's more money in their pocket.

But personally, I'd rather continue getting miniseries and Elseworlds than a in-canon Super Event. Both would be fine, whatever, but I'm very satisfied with the content we've been getting the last couple years.

I really need to hit the LCS this weekend and grab that issue. I have heard nothing but good things about it, which is almost unheard of.

I feel like I'm one of the few guys on this forum who actually likes seeing everybody together in the JL.
    I used to, and when it's done well I still do. But we've had an almost constant supply of Big 7 JLA since the mid-90's. It's stopped feeling special, it's stopped feeling "big" and most of the time, characters I love get screwed over so Batman can justify being there. I still love Morrison's run, but DC learned a lot of the wrong lessons from it.
    Last edited by Ascended; 05-24-2023 at 12:30 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.