Page 55 of 80 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast

Preview of Tom Reilly art for the Superman KT tie-in:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

A man of culture, like Steve Lieber
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I'm loving that retro style !

https://joshuawilliamson.substack.co...m_medium=email
    SUPERMAN: Issue #5 came out last week. The end of our two-part “Romance” arc with Silver Banshee and Jimmy. I love Jimmy. It’s 100% in character for Jimmy to have some wild romance with someone unexpected. This issue was one of my favorite issues to write. I always knew how it was going to open with the romance piece but then end with the tragic Lex scene, but the middle was a mystery…until Jimmy had the rocket pack. That was the moment it all came together.

The cliffhanger ending that was in SUPERMAN #5 was built into the start of the series. The idea of how important Superman’s super hearing was, and his communications and trust with Lex Luthor. I’m glad the shock ending wasn’t spoiled by anyone before hand and a lot of readers got to experience it the intended way.

Honestly, I was anxious about this series more than I’ve ever been for a project at DC Comics. I’ve said this before, but I’ll say it again. Superman IS DC Comics. It’s intimidating. I understand how much Clark and his mythology mean to people. It goes beyond comics. It’s a responsibility I take seriously. To tell the best stories I can with the character and his world. So, I put extra pressure on myself for SUPERMAN. But I really don’t know what people think of it. Because I sort of live in a bubble lately, I don’t know if people have been digging it. But I’ve been lucky to hear from some friends and people who work for the websites that they have been enjoying it. I’m thankful to hear it and hope people also tell Jamal and Ariana. Jamal and Ariana are KILLING IT. Every page is stunning. I’m blown away by the work they’ve done.

This summer we’re taking a small break from the series for KNIGHT TERRORS. BUT in August we’ll have the SUPERMAN 2023 ANNUAL that will give more teases about the big Superman event planned for next year. It’s already been hinted in the solicits for the annual, so that shouldn’t come as too much a surprise. It has an appearance of a character that I always love to write and I’m really excited to include them in a Superman story in a bit way.

A few weeks back, I saw an article where someone thought the event would be Lois vs Superman/Clark…no, I would never. Haha. Oh and I heard that people are trying to guess who Lois Lane hires to work at the Daily Planet. And no one has got it right yet. But once you see it, it will feel obvious. Lois is thinking outside the box a bit.

The next arc that starts in September called THE CHAINED introduces a new villain for Superman. It will have surprising connections to the history of Metropolis and one of Superman’s allies. It leads to a big issue, a massive fight, and a difficult choice for Superman. Things really get nuts after The Chained in the book, so be ready!

We’re continuing the theme of short arcs. Issues 1-3 was one, 4 and 5 was another. The Chained is three issues drawn by guest artist GLEB MELNIKOV. I worked with Gleb on the ROBIN series, but Gleb had drawn a few Superman shorts before that, which showed me he would be perfect for our big blue boy scout. Here is a small taste:

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I wonder if the new hire is from the wider DCU.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Ah, the sigil of the Met Science Guild

MSBONRQQ_2307141705191.jpg
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Probably will get news regarding the Superman event at SDCC since that’s where Gunn is also planning to announce his choices for Clark and Lois (if they don’t leak earlier). Who does Williamson love to write that makes sense to show up in Superman? I’m assuming it’s someone you wouldn’t expect to show up, otherwise I would’ve guessed Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if the new hire is from the wider DCU.
    Williamson isn’t on social media so I’m not sure what guesses he’s seen but I’m hoping it’s not a Bat character .

Looks like the Superman title, just like The Flash and Wonder Woman, is the next in line to feature the "legacy numbering" on its covers: https://www.instagram.com/p/Ct8lpF8OtBX/

By my calculations, it'll reach the #850 mark in October, so probably one of the announcements at SDCC.
    Last edited by Jon11; 06-29-2023 at 02:27 PM.
    "Keep flying; keep fighting; keep loving; keep smiling. You won’t always be right, but you don’t have to be. Be just. Be fair. Be good. Be brave. Be Superman." - Bryan Q. Miller.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon11 View Post
    Looks like the Superman title, just like The Flash and Wonder Woman, is the next in line to feature the "legacy numbering" on its covers: https://www.instagram.com/p/Ct8lpF8OtBX/

By my calculations, it'll reach the #850 mark in October, so probably one of the announcements at SDCC.
    Ironic that it's Cho, as an admitted non-Superman fan.

Kinda surprised they haven't done this already. Esp after AC eclipsed #1000.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Williamson’s SDCC Panels
    FRIDAY JULY 21st

12:30-1:30pm. Dawn of DC – With epic new storylines, over 20 exciting new titles, superstar creative teams, and villains that have pushed the Super Heroes beyond their limits in bold adventures, the “Dawn of DC” has been in full swing all year. Hear directly from some of the superstar writers and artists behind your favorite stories, including Ram V. (Detective Comics),Joshua Williamson (Batman & Robin), Nicola Scott (Titans), Tom King (Wonder Woman), Joanne Starer (Fire and Ice), Josh Trujilo (Blue Beetle) and Tom Taylor (Titans). Room 6DE

1:45-2:45pm. Dawn of DC: Knight Terrors – It’s not all just a dream! The next chapter of “Dawn of DC” is here and Knight Terrors architect Joshua Williamson (Knight Terrors) with special guests Jeremy Adams (Knight Terrors: Green Lantern), Dennis Culver (Knight Terrors: Zatanna) and more preview what haunts the dreams of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains. Room 6DE.

SATURDAY JULY 22nd

12:30-1:30pm. The World of Metropolis – Superman isn’t the only force to be reckoned with in Metropolis. The top comic book writers and artists working on stories in the City of Tomorrow, including Joshua Williamson (Superman), Sina Grace (Superman: The Harvests of Youth), Phillip Kennedy Johnson (Action Comics) and a few more surprise guests, provide exclusive details on what fans can expect in some of the most action-packed comics. Room 6DE

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post

Am I the only one who'd prefer if DC was consistent and stayed with one numbering system?

I'm still loving this run (including Jon's book to a slightly lesser degree, but it is still great) and the other "satellite books" (for lack of a better term), fantastic stuff. I just want to say this as there is seldom enough positivity in Comic Book Fandom.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Am I the only one who'd prefer if DC was consistent and stayed with one numbering system?
    I think the compromise of having both is the best option. Starting over with a #1 when there’s a big change in direction or a big new writer coming on board is acceptable to me. Keeping the legacy numbering is mostly for collectors and anniversaries.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think the compromise of having both is the best option. Starting over with a #1 when there’s a big change in direction or a big new writer coming on board is acceptable to me. Keeping the legacy numbering is mostly for collectors and anniversaries.
    Not having read Marvel in a looong time, I’ve been ordering some lately one of which is Incredible Hulk (PKJ fanboy right here, ha). I do kinda like how they have both current and legacy numbering in the title block graphic.

Edit: oops, meant to quote recent post from HsssH, not my own, lol.
    Last edited by The Frog Bros; 07-06-2023 at 10:08 AM.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

SUPERMAN 2023 ANNUAL!

Here is a tease of art from the oversized special issue by the awesome @MahmudAsrar and @DaveMcCaig!

The Superman 2023 Annual's Final Order Cut-Off is this weekend! Pre-order with your comic book store this week! Don't miss out!
    https://twitter.com/williamson_josh/...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

Cool Toyman, excited for Asrar art on Superman. As a New 52 Supergirl fan, his art on that run was great.