Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default The Virgil Ovid Hawkins aka Static Appreciation Thread!

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's cool and he's awesome!

The most popular black character in DC Comics! Static!

Let's discuss and appreciate Static!
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 09-03-2014 at 10:51 AM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Really wish DC would use him again.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Really wish DC would use him again.
    Me too. I want him to join the Justice League and be one of the main cast.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Me too. I want him to join the Justice League and be one of the main cast.
    As much as i think that would be cool he is too young in my book. I do feel he should get his own book again (without the backdoor politics with the writers and what not). If not then a team up book (Static and Blue Beetle would be AWESOME), AT THE VERY LEAST put him on the teen titans as a permanent figure or make him start his own group
    Milestone 2.0 is happening and i am so excited. Looks like i know where my money is going.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    As much as i think that would be cool he is too young in my book. I do feel he should get his own book again (without the backdoor politics with the writers and what not). If not then a team up book (Static and Blue Beetle would be AWESOME), AT THE VERY LEAST put him on the teen titans as a permanent figure or make him start his own group
    The X-men has a t least a young member in the team. Statiuc would be the perfect addition.

I want Static to have his own ongoing again and at the same time being a member of JLA.

BANNED

I had "letter of the month" in an issue of Static once, but never received my signed copy. Might have had to do with me being in Germany, might have gotten lost in the mail.

When I mentioned that on Dwayne McDuffie's yahoo mailing group years later, he asked for my address and sent me an autographed copy of the Static trade paperback. That is the kind of guy Dwayne was.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    He's cool and he's awesome!

The most popular black character in DC Comics! Static!

Let's discuss and appreciate Static!
    Big-up respect 2 RLAAMJR 4 cr8ing dis thrd....though u cud hv given d thrd a much betta bangin' title.

So food 4 thought/F4T: y cant DC mk a Static/BB(Jaime) team-up ongoing series?

BANNED

A character will never see again because Davis and DC are being a bunch of a-holes, and fans aren't being loud enough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    A character will never see again because Davis and DC are being a bunch of a-holes, and fans aren't being loud enough.
    Cant agree mo'...agrd & cosignd!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Cant agree mo'...agrd & cosignd!!!!

That's why I hate some comic book fans sometimes. They're the biggest hypocrites. Let your voice be heard.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    That's why I hate some comic book fans sometimes. They're the biggest hypocrites. Let your voice be heard.
    As soon as dat may b...2 a certain extent.... our pwr of comicbk fans is in numbrs & dats wat its gonna tk 2 get us/Static fans heard.

Just luk @ d chaos dat happnd with d story abt killin'-off GL-John broke-out which resultd in GL-John FINALLY has his own GL buk.

And 2 b fair DC does sumwat owe us/Static fans 2 an extent bcuz editorial is wat really destroyd d Nu 52 Static series by hand-cuffing d writer/Rozum frm illustrating & devlping his ideas he had 4 Static...instead of getting rid of McDaniel whose story most of d readrs h8d & gv Rozum d reigns ovr d direction of d Static series, DC goes ahead of tosses Rozum in favor of McDaniel knwing full well dat it McDaniel's ideas (which were mostly terrible with d sole ONLY exception of d electro-regeneratn ability 2 gv 2 Static) dat was ruining d buk.

Rozum explaind his plans 4 d Static title during dat fiasco & frm wat we/SZ hv read frm reactions across d i-net, most readrs/Static fans seemd 2 prefer Rozum's ideas far betta & probably wud hv md d series much more enjoyable.

DC shd hv just let Rozum write since he is a writer AND his a personal indulgence & fascin8n with Static nt 2 mention being a Milestone Media alumni....unlyk McDaniel.

Geez Deathstrke only appears in ONLY 1 season...1 season of Arrow tv series & he's given anothr solo series....Static carried his own well lykd, highly acclaimd tv series 4 several yrs with 4 seasons & DC completely neglectd & mishandled him. Just luk @ hw McDuffie was treatd after all d wrk he had done 4 DC & yet McDuffie's most prized cre8n gets abused & ignored.

Wat we/SZ will d last Static solo SERIOUSLY luv is those supa-badass cvrs by KHARY RANDOLF, y d eff wasnt he doing d interiors?

Last edited by SilverZeal; 09-04-2014 at 10:28 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Big-up respect 2 RLAAMJR 4 cr8ing dis thrd....though u cud hv given d thrd a much betta bangin' title.

So food 4 thought/F4T: y cant DC mk a Static/BB(Jaime) team-up ongoing series?
    I was trying to look for a great quote from Static but couldn't find one right away and I wanted to create an appreciation thread right away too so I decided to go for the real name.