Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Quote Originally Posted by DIVINITY View Post

I like the artwork. It would be nice to have a well written Static ongoing.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Static Shock is my favorite teen superhero. Perhaps I like him so much because I was a kid back when his cartoon first aired. I have a lot of great memories of his animated adventures.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Tooooo cooool

https://www.cbr.com/static-shock-alm...-justice-team/

So...do we know why Milestone said no to this? I feel Bendis would be one of the best people to write Static and I am always down for anything that gets me more Static. I wonder why they said no.
    Milestone 2.0 is happening and i am so excited. Looks like i know where my money is going.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post

So...do we know why Milestone said no to this? I feel Bendis would be one of the best people to write Static and I am always down for anything that gets me more Static. I wonder why they said no.
    Milestone is being super effing difficult. I've officially lost faith in seeing Static, Icon and the other characters. As far as im concerned. Earth M isn't happening.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Milestone is being super effing difficult. I've officially lost faith in seeing Static, Icon and the other characters. As far as im concerned. Earth M isn't happening.
    Virgil says hi.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Virgil says hi.

I'm not talking about cartoons. I'm referring to the comics.
    Last edited by Raijin; 10-16-2018 at 11:43 PM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

One of my favorite moments from Virgil's cartoon and the entire DCAU

https://littlemissonewhoisall.tumblr...ic-shock#notes

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post

Could have been a conflict with how Milestone wants to portray the character, although saying no to Bendis, seams like a missed opportunity
    Likley fan upheaval has been super critical of DC's handling of the character (even though Milestone has approved everything), they likley want to make sure it's clear it's them in controll, driving the relaunch and direction of the character this time. And there is absolutley no loose threads outside their purview, for the relaunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Although they've completley dropped the ball, (don't know how much the lausuit vs McDuffie estate affected that?) I don't mind some wheel spinning and delay, and even over-controll, if the goal is to get the product out, as they absolutely want it.
    I just hope their take is worth the wait.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-17-2018 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Could have been a conflict with how Milestone wants to portray the character, although saying no to Bendis, seams like a missed opportunity
    Likley fan upheaval has been super critical of DC's handling of the character (even though Milestone has approved everything), they likley want to make sure it's clear it's them in controll, driving the relaunch and direction of the character this time. And there is absolutley no loose threads outside their purview, for the relaunch.

Although they've completley dropped the ball, (don't know how much the lausuit vs McDuffie estate affected that?) I don't mind some wheel spinning and delay, and even over-controll, if the goal is to get the product out, as they absolutely want it.
    I just hope their take is worth the wait.
    Milestone's delay isn't a creative issue, it's legal. Dwayne Mcduffie's widow is still in a legal battle with the people trying to move forward with Milestone at DC.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Milestone's delay isn't a creative issue, it's legal. Dwayne Mcduffie's widow is still in a legal battle with the people trying to move forward with Milestone at DC.
    So your'e saying the story and art are finished? The delay is they are just waiting for the Mcduffie estate lawsuit to play out, to allow to publish? Until then he's off limits?
    How is he appearing in YJs3 then?
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-17-2018 at 09:04 PM.

So your'e saying the story and art are finished? The delay is they are just waiting for the Mcduffie estate lawsuit to play out, to allow to publish? Until then he's off limits?
    Well, there was a rumor I read a while ago (as I said, rumor, so I have no idea if there is any truth to it) that Because of the lawsuit, that is why it is taking YJs3 a good amount of time to be released. Though I am not sure how true that is, given he showed up in a trade paper back earlier this year of "RICANSTRUCTION" it was only like 4 pages, but it was for sure Static. This is so damn weird.
    Milestone 2.0 is happening and i am so excited. Looks like i know where my money is going.

I think the Milestone characters' TV appearance are a different deal than his appearance in the comics (I could be wrong). From what I understand his comics are still under to Milestone so as long as that's tied up they can't use him. Kyle Baker's obviously been eorking on it and he was expecting a October release with a bi-monthly schedule but we haven't heard anything about that since then and I haven't heard anything new about the Milestone lawsuit. I don't know how much of it is done at this point but I would assuming a good amount of progress was made if he was eyeing a October release.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I think the Milestone characters' TV appearance are a different deal than his appearance in the comics (I could be wrong). From what I understand his comics are still under to Milestone so as long as that's tied up they can't use him. Kyle Baker's obviously been eorking on it and he was expecting a October release with a bi-monthly schedule but we haven't heard anything about that since then and I haven't heard anything new about the Milestone lawsuit. I don't know how much of it is done at this point but I would assuming a good amount of progress was made if he was eyeing a October release.
    Well I’ve sure as hell given up on an October release, considering October is almost over.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I think the Milestone characters' TV appearance are a different deal than his appearance in the comics (I could be wrong). From what I understand his comics are still under to Milestoneso as long as that's tied up they can't use him..
    Yeah no kidding it's different licensing "deal", for cartoon or comics appearance. It's all still "under Milestone" though.
    DC/WB doesn't own one version and Millstone the other. Comics, cartoon and any media appearance are "under Milestone"
    Milestone owns the character full stop.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-30-2018 at 05:26 AM.