Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I would agree with most of the above.

Extraordinary Member

I love Static. He's basically DC's Spider-Man. I really wish they'd settle their...whatever the hell's going on with Milestone so that we can get another solo series for him.

Which writer from DC's current stable would everyone like to see on a Static book?

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    As much as i think that would be cool he is too young in my book.
    Supergirl has been (and is) a member of the Justice League, as well as a couple of other teens.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n View Post
    Which writer from DC's current stable would everyone like to see on a Static book?.
    He's never done a superhero book, but I think that FBP's Simon Oliver would be perfect for a Static book. He's great with characterization and humor, and he can come up with some seriously interesting plots and applications for Static's power.

On art, of course I'd want JP Leon to come back, but if it has to be someone currently working for DC, Aaron Lopresti or Pete Woods seem like good choices. Lopresti turned in the finest work of his career on Sword of Sorcery, and I'd like to see him keep growing as an artist.

Which writer from DC's current stable would everyone like to see on a Static book?

Supergirl has been (and is) a member of the Justice League, as well as a couple of other teens.
    But with supergirl doesnt she just look young when she is kinda oldish?

As for what writers i think a Geoff Johns or Grant morrison, I know i am asking for alot but Geoff did awesome stuff with the GL stuff and i feel could make an awesome story, and Grant knows a comic is a comic and has fun with it and i think it would make for an interesting/entertaining story. For art i dont know the artists aside from jim lee which looks awesome, but i wouldnt mind the artist on teen titans.

Side note: My choice of writer (not from dc) Would be Rozum, he knows the character inside and out and i feel he would be the closest to giving us a True static comic. Sure you can argue that the new 52 has had changes to it so static himself may have changed in personality and stuff but still
    Milestone 2.0 is happening and i am so excited. Looks like i know where my money is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    As for what writers i think a Geoff Johns
    Hahaha! Geoff Johns writing Static!? That is just asking for trouble. I feel that's a disaster waiting to happen
    Not trying to antagonize, but the thought of that really did get me to legitimately laugh out loud. Static would probably get little panel time and only a few lines here and there, and the story would likely be about Edwin Alva, and how he is really a misunderstood good guy. It would go right into an event titled "War of the Bang Babies," followed directly by "Dakota War," and then "Forever Urban," and "The Alva Wars"
    But realistically, I doubt Johns would ever do it. That doesn't seem like a property that would appeal to him, and he has too many other properties to help develop.

Anyway, I've always liked Static. Shame his last series turned out so bad. Aside from the Slate gang, it was an utter disaster that actually literally gave me a headache. The art was so jumbled and busy, and the story was ridiculous on many levels. Hopefully someday he gets another shot. Sooner rather than later would be nice. If I were to pick a writer for him, I'd go with Bryan Q. Miller. He seems like he'd be able to understand the character and what makes him appealing to his fans.
    Last edited by Desh; 09-03-2014 at 10:39 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post
    He just won the game FYI.
    Wait, what game? O.O Is this good news for Virgil?

BANNED

Grek Pak, Jeff Parker, Gail Simone.

Hey guys, I'm a huge fan of Virgil throught the cartoon. I haven't been able to locate his series though. Is it still in print and how can I get it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    Hey guys, I'm a huge fan of Virgil throught the cartoon. I haven't been able to locate his series though. Is it still in print and how can I get it?
    The 39 issues of the original series simply called "Static" are all available for 2 to 3 bucks each usually from online comicbook stores. You might be able to get full runs cheaper on ebay.
    There was a later mini series "Static Shock: Rebirth of the Cool" that was also collected in trade, as were the first few issues of the original series.

I would suggest avoiding the Nu52 series from a couple of years ago.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

This looks like a great place to ask this: Did any Static fans like the New 52 series?

If so, what was 'Static' about it and what needs to be changed for a later series?

I saw the cartoon in the 90s and liked the characters, but have only read him in comics in Teen Titans (the undergroud fighting club stuff) and the New 52, and I wasn't a big fan of either. I haven't been able to track down his earlier comics at a sensible price yet.

In comparison to the New 52 series, can someone explain the basic feel of the older, decent Static series?
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    He's cool and he's awesome!

The most popular black character in DC Comics! Static!

Let's discuss and appreciate Static!
    Big-up respect 2 RLAAMJR 4 cr8ing dis thrd....though u cud hv given d thrd a much betta bangin' title.

So food 4 thought/F4T: y cant DC mk a Static/BB(Jaime) team-up ongoing series?

BANNED

A character will never see again because Davis and DC are being a bunch of a-holes, and fans aren't being loud enough.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    This looks like a great place to ask this: Did any Static fans like the New 52 series?

If so, what was 'Static' about it and what needs to be changed for a later series?

I saw the cartoon in the 90s and liked the characters, but have only read him in comics in Teen Titans (the undergroud fighting club stuff) and the New 52, and I wasn't a big fan of either. I haven't been able to track down his earlier comics at a sensible price yet.
    Well, unlyk othrs who also read d nu52 series we/SZ actually were plzd with d idea of Static moving 2 NYC while also maintaining ties 2 Dakota.

Y?

1) Bcuz as much as we/SZ luv d Milestone xcters so damn much we/SZ always felt lyk d "Dakotaverse" was 2 small in dat everything which wasnt outer space happnd in Dakota, d werent really any othr cities or countries or kingdoms which were only heard abt but nvr seen with d except of perhps in Xombi's series.

2) And putting Static in a fresh environment wud...in a way...give a writer d chance 2 maintain an establishd history dat Virgil was alrdy a supahero his historyin Dakota while shwing beginnings of hw he adjusts 2 a nw neighbourhood/city, nw people(gd & bad) & hw suchwud also affect his family meanwhile also worrying & maintaining close ties 2 Dakota which wud hv provided mo lee-way 2 b much mo crea8v in introducing, devloping & expanding d Milestone xcters with Static as d axis frm which othr solo titles abt othr Milestone xcters/teams can spin-off.

D only problem with dis was dat most of Static's reknown support xcters wud appear scarcely in d series which certainly wud/cud turn-away sum or several Static fans....but dat of course depnds on d writer.

Dat is d impression we/SZ got frm Rozum & we/SZ very much lykd dat starting with his brilliant idea of tieing Hardware close 2 Static.

Of course all dat went out d window whn McDaniel though he was godz gift 2 experienced writers.

In comparison to the New 52 series, can someone explain the basic feel of the older, decent Static series?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    A character will never see again because Davis and DC are being a bunch of a-holes, and fans aren't being loud enough.
    Cant agree mo'...agrd & cosignd!!!!