Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    Cant agree mo'...agrd & cosignd!!!!

That's why I hate some comic book fans sometimes. They're the biggest hypocrites. Let your voice be heard.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWind View Post
    Wait, what game? O.O Is this good news for Virgil?

Static Shock(video game)Concept

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grim View Post
    That's why I hate some comic book fans sometimes. They're the biggest hypocrites. Let your voice be heard.
    As soon as dat may b...2 a certain extent.... our pwr of comicbk fans is in numbrs & dats wat its gonna tk 2 get us/Static fans heard.

Just luk @ d chaos dat happnd with d story abt killin'-off GL-John broke-out which resultd in GL-John FINALLY has his own GL buk.

And 2 b fair DC does sumwat owe us/Static fans 2 an extent bcuz editorial is wat really destroyd d Nu 52 Static series by hand-cuffing d writer/Rozum frm illustrating & devlping his ideas he had 4 Static...instead of getting rid of McDaniel whose story most of d readrs h8d & gv Rozum d reigns ovr d direction of d Static series, DC goes ahead of tosses Rozum in favor of McDaniel knwing full well dat it McDaniel's ideas (which were mostly terrible with d sole ONLY exception of d electro-regeneratn ability 2 gv 2 Static) dat was ruining d buk.

Rozum explaind his plans 4 d Static title during dat fiasco & frm wat we/SZ hv read frm reactions across d i-net, most readrs/Static fans seemd 2 prefer Rozum's ideas far betta & probably wud hv md d series much more enjoyable.

DC shd hv just let Rozum write since he is a writer AND his a personal indulgence & fascin8n with Static nt 2 mention being a Milestone Media alumni....unlyk McDaniel.

Geez Deathstrke only appears in ONLY 1 season...1 season of Arrow tv series & he's given anothr solo series....Static carried his own well lykd, highly acclaimd tv series 4 several yrs with 4 seasons & DC completely neglectd & mishandled him. Just luk @ hw McDuffie was treatd after all d wrk he had done 4 DC & yet McDuffie's most prized cre8n gets abused & ignored.

Wat we/SZ will d last Static solo SERIOUSLY luv is those supa-badass cvrs by KHARY RANDOLF, y d eff wasnt he doing d interiors?

Last edited by SilverZeal; 09-04-2014 at 10:28 AM.

BANNED

Sum Static cosplay.

1) Based on Static's original suit design

2) Based on d betta & mo' commonly knwn design frm d cartoon

3) Based on d nu52 suit design

QUESTION:

Which of d abv 3 costume designs of Static transfer best in2 real-lyf?

BANNED

2nd QUESTION:

Der were 2 costumes (just a minor chnge really) in d Static Shock cartoon, so we/SZ ask d qn....which 1 was betta?

1)
    First...

...OR...

2)
    ...SECOND.

And chk wat we/SZ found.

BANNED

Sum fanart & altern8v( or altern8/parallel univrse) designs.

BANNED

Awwwh....chk out dis cute Kid Static.

And d enigmatic Ms.Static

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    This looks like a great place to ask this: Did any Static fans like the New 52 series?

If so, what was 'Static' about it and what needs to be changed for a later series?

In comparison to the New 52 series, can someone explain the basic feel of the older, decent Static series?
    Aside from the first 5 issues and a couple of random ones-Static's first series is hard to find. Especially issue 16 that was the finale of the crossover with Superman, Steel & Superboy. The last issue 44 with the Moebious cover and the Gil Kane drawn issue (I think it's 29 or 30-I have to look) are hard to find as well.

It took me 4 years to get the entire series.

Trade wise

Static Shock mini
    Static's first 5 issues
    Static #13 in the Brave & Bold Milestone trade

That's pretty much it.

The older series had the universal feeling to it. I could see a teen with super powers dealing with family, school, job and villains. What made it better was he wasn't the classic nerdy black guy that had no friends. He had them and even a girlfriend. The book had that anyone can read this and see themselves in Static's boots. Which was a trait of McDuffie edited books.

You had a book where you saw a father and son talk about safe sex.

You had a book deal with a friend coming out as gay and it wasn't dealt with after school special way.

Static had his own Peter Parker moment where his lack of action got his best friend killed.

You had race dealt with in 3 issues and that was it.

The new 52 version took all that away and went for troupe.

What you saw in that book was bad writing and a I don't care attitude. Clones, arms cut off, fake Power Rangers and don't get me started on issue 6.

Static does not work in the depressed Batman era that is the new 52 where no one is happy.

He needs to be in a book where he is still free to be a teen. A Young Justice book like the tv show would work or maybe the Gotham Academy book.

2nd QUESTION:

Der were 2 costumes (just a minor chnge really) in d Static Shock cartoon, so we/SZ ask d qn....which 1 was betta?
    I like the first ones goggles but the second one's primary black color. If I had to choose, it'd be the second one.

One thing i have seen a few times is that people feel statics first run was sabotaged, I dont think that is the case, it just had bad luck with the writers. Two people arguing over what to do damages the outcome but it doesnt sabotage it. Sabotage means this was planned and i do not think that is the case by any means.

Now here is a question to all (static fans or not) Assuming you were assigned as the writer to write a static story, How would you go about it? Would you do it ina solo book or a team up book and what would you have planned? I figure this would be interesting to see the different ideas that people would come up with and see what other people think is best for our favorite bang baby.

RULES
    1. It would happen sometimes after the first 8 issues of his new 52 run, so you cant ignore those as well as his appearances in teen titans 1 and 6, legion lost issue 3, and savage hawkman issue 7.
    2. If you do want to leave criticism for other peoples please try to do it as respectfully as possible. Everyone does have different opinions then you and some may see certain ideas as good or not
    3. IF POSSIBLE, try to flesh it out a fair amount, Clearly "Static teams up with Blue beetle" for instance sounds cool but why would they be teaming up? Ya know?
    4. Most importantly, let your creativity flow and have fun.
    Milestone 2.0 is happening and i am so excited. Looks like i know where my money is going.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Thanks to SilverZeal and skyvolt2000 for the replies. Guess I'd better redouble my efforts to find the original series/mini, then. I really like the sound of the it.

As to the Cosplay, I like option 2 but mostly because I loved the show. Ms. Static looks very cool.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I just re-watched the Cadmuis Arc of JLU and I'm wondering if anyone would have liked to see Virgil get more involved with that storyline. There had already been crossovers between JL and Static Shock and I could see Virgil being in a situation where he has to choose between the superheroes he admires and a government that wants what is best for the public. The second episode of his show saw that Virgil was genuinely worried about the idea of losing himself to his powers and becoming a threat to innocent people. Perhaps Waller could have taken advantage of such an insecurity to sway Virgil to her cause. What do you guys think?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    One thing i have seen a few times is that people feel statics first run was sabotaged, I dont think that is the case, it just had bad luck with the writers. Two people arguing over what to do damages the outcome but it doesnt sabotage it. Sabotage means this was planned and i do not think that is the case by any means.

Now here is a question to all (static fans or not) Assuming you were assigned as the writer to write a static story, How would you go about it? Would you do it ina solo book or a team up book and what would you have planned? I figure this would be interesting to see the different ideas that people would come up with and see what other people think is best for our favorite bang baby.
    Well,...

1st....it was nt an argument btwn 2 writers, it was a mediocre artist wanna-b writer & an editor who refused d actual writer frm devlping his ideas & imposed their own ideas in2 Static's comic.

2ndly... whn it was VERY CLEAR dat McDaniel's ideas was ruining d series, many readrs were displeasd & d sales numbrs were dropping, d common sense thing 2 do was 2 actually let d actual writer/Rozum 2 write & devlp his ideas & simply just take McDaniel's off d series(replace him with Khary Rudolf) or tell him 2 just stfu & obviously replc d editor.

3rdly... Static appearing in othr Nu 52 titles felt mo lyk d writers were interestd in using Static, nt dat dc editorial actually advoc8d 4 Static 2 appear in those buksbut dats just our/SZ specul8n. Wasnt der a writer of d earlier TT issues who wantd Static 2 actually join d team as a recurring membr but was denied 4 watevr reason?

RULES
    1. It would happen sometimes after the first 8 issues of his new 52 run, so you cant ignore those as well as his appearances in teen titans 1 and 6, legion lost issue 3, and savage hawkman issue 7.
    2. If you do want to leave criticism for other peoples please try to do it as respectfully as possible. Everyone does have different opinions then you and some may see certain ideas as good or not
    3. IF POSSIBLE, try to flesh it out a fair amount, Clearly "Static teams up with Blue beetle" for instance sounds cool but why would they be teaming up? Ya know?
    4. Most importantly, let your creativity flow and have fun.
    Uhm...hmmm... we/SZ gat any ideas ryt now but we/SZ imagine using d Blood Syndic8(comprisedof many of d old crew as well as nu xcters) as a common foe 2 both Static & BB.

Who wud hv thought BL & BD wud evr team-up....evr...& it totally did nt even sound kool in any way but yet dey did team-up & dey workd sooo well 2gthr & a pretty kool story. D writer who did dat stry is d guy who shd do a Static & BB title.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido Brown View Post
    I like the first ones goggles
    We/SZ prefer d 2nd goggles(Blue)... we/SZ always thought dat yellow googles wud b sooo hard 2 pull-off in real-lyf but we/SZ were proven wrng. LOL!

but the second one's primary black color. If I had to choose, it'd be the second one.
    D 2nd cartoon costume is mo' evenly streamlined in color & design, quite eye-catchy without being 2 busy or over-detaild.

Though our/SZ only problem with it is dat d gloves of d 1st cartoon costume is betta but we/SZ 2nd gloves does carry d color skeme well of d 2nd costume. Den it wud hv bn nice if der was sum few strands of color whyt on d 2nd costume 2 compliment d whyt mask.

Overall, we/SZ also choose d 2nd cartoon costume even though we/SZ REALLY luvd d whyt t-shirt of d 1st cartoon costume.

[QUOTE=exile001;481728]Thanks to SilverZeal and skyvolt2000 for the replies. Guess I'd better redouble my efforts to find the original series/mini, then. I really like the sound of the it.

As to the Cosplay, I like option 2 but mostly because I loved the show.[QUOTE]

Yeah, cosplay option 2 is a sweet depiction of d Static Shock toon & nice down but hving said dat...it SERIOUSLY pains us/SZ 2 admit dis bcuz we/SZ aint fans of d nu 52 design...but d cosplay option 3 is pretty damn gd, dat dude did a superb job on d costume, d body fit, ryt color tones with even betta goggles (nvr did we/SZ evr believe dat yello goggle wud luk kool even with Booster Gold until we/SZ saw dis guy).

Option 3 gets our/SZ vote.

Ms. Static looks very cool.
    Agrd...was so plzd & surprised which is y we/SZ postd along with d cute 'kid static. awwwh!

BANNED

Big-up respect 2 RLAAMJR 4 cr8ing dis thrd....though u cud hv given d thrd a much betta bangin' title.

So food 4 thought/F4T: y cant DC mk a Static/BB(Jaime) team-up ongoing series?
    I was trying to look for a great quote from Static but couldn't find one right away and I wanted to create an appreciation thread right away too so I decided to go for the real name.