Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

To me the Cartoon was a good template as to how you should write and depict Static in the New 52. Why does DC Comics make it so difficult?! If Static returns I would like to see him lead an Superfriends equivalent similar to what was seen on YOUNG JUSTICE. It could be a YOUNG JUSTICE for the New52 with versions of Marvin and Wendy, The Wonder Twins, Samurai, Apache Chief and El Dorado. Very simple!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    To me the Cartoon was a good template as to how you should write and depict Static in the New 52. Why does DC Comics make it so difficult?! If Static returns I would like to see him lead an Superfriends equivalent similar to what was seen on YOUNG JUSTICE. It could be a YOUNG JUSTICE for the New52 with versions of Marvin and Wendy, The Wonder Twins, Samurai, Apache Chief and El Dorado. Very simple!
    Agrd...gv or tk a few additns 2 dat roster.

In othr nws, a "nu" Pwr girl is gonna join TT & still no nws of Static....urgh!

BANNED

I think Static would fit well in Teen Titans. But I refer him to be part of JL

Astonishing Member

oh god, i'd almost forgotten about X. where does johns' terribleness in that end and loeb's even worse terribleness begin?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    U r very wrng abt "evry1".
    true. i myself think batman's a jackass and prefer supes. but more people buy his merch and watch his films.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Male View Post
    I agree and think the cartoon was indeed the perfect template to base the comic off of. I'm so disappointed that Static's new series was such a failure considering how easy t should have been to make this title successful.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Look on the bright side.

At least with Johns, the book would actually sell. Maybe even enough to get a secondary book, as well as the character gaining some level of importance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I agree and think the cartoon was indeed the perfect template to base the comic off of. I'm so disappointed that Static's new series was such a failure considering how easy t should have been to make this title successful.
    D reason it was unsuccessful it bcuz DC editorial & sum terrible artist-wanna b-writer Scott McDaniel with no real interest in Static forced their dumb ideas in2 d buk & booted out d real & experienced writer Rozum who had a real interest with & in Static & Milestone xcters.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The S0/\/\@7ic Si/\/\[]Dl370n View Post
    Look on the bright side.

At least with Johns, the book would actually sell. Maybe even enough to get a secondary book, as well as the character gaining some level of importance.
    What's Vibe doing now?

I like Static and I don't want to see Johns mess that up with his idiosyncrasies and odd ways. Watch him retcon that a Flash villain or something gave him his powers instead of the Big Bang. Or write him as a loser. No thank you.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    What's Vibe doing now?
    i'd imagine johns only doing the 1st issue may be more down to WB limiting the amount of books he can do? and even then he rather managed to succeed at making vibe... not be the previous version

as for vibe, its a plot point that he mysteriously vanished along with element woman, and since she's shown up again, odds are whatever reason (probably big, blue and yellow) play into his eternal quest ot write the ultimate COIE fanfic (seriously, what is it with the guy and crisis)

I like Static and I don't want to see Johns mess that up with his idiosyncrasies and odd ways. Watch him retcon that a Flash villain or something gave him his powers instead of the Big Bang. Or write him as a loser. No thank you.
    having only started reading with the new 52, i'm going go with comments i've seen and say present johns should not be let within bargepole distance, no matter the sales boost.
    pre-IC johns, with strong editorial control (to keep the big bang origin etc) would, according to some commentators, have been an option. that time, however, has passed.

even then i would still expect team-ups, lots of team-ups, even where they make no sense*. and, i don't know, ship him with stargirl or something?

on that note, if DC don't want to do a static solo, would people be adverse to him headlining a brave & the bold team-up book?

*with the caveat that wacky team-ups are one of the joys of these kinds of shared universes

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    on that note, if DC don't want to do a static solo, would people be adverse to him headlining a brave & the bold team-up book?

*with the caveat that wacky team-ups are one of the joys of these kinds of shared universes
    That is what most folks want let Static hang out or team up with other heroes.

As for Vibe I think he was a victim of things that were out of his control.

Pete Woods left after the first issue came out and while he left on his own-it doesn't do good to insult fans who thought he was a victim of DC's editors like so many books before him.

I lucked out and got the first 7 books for buy one get one free (at $1.49), issue 8 was a dollar and I only paid cover for the last two. The book was a very good read to me-I think it would have been better suited as an arc in DC Universe Presents.

Astonishing Member

... and now i want a static/vibe team-up. then a swampy team-up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That is what most folks want let Static hang out or team up with other heroes.
    True...as well as gv othr Milestone xcters their fair chance.
    As for Vibe I think he was a victim of things that were out of his control.

Pete Woods left after the first issue came out and while he left on his own-it doesn't do good to insult fans who thought he was a victim of DC's editors like so many books before him.
    Doubt it.

Y?

Wasnt Vibe supposed 2 b a membr of JL United? Y was he scarppd-off dat team-bk?
    I lucked out and got the first 7 books for buy one get one free (at $1.49), issue 8 was a dollar and I only paid cover for the last two. The book was a very good read to me-I think it would have been better suited as an arc in DC Universe Presents.
    Agrd!
    Last edited by SilverZeal; 09-12-2014 at 06:47 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    ... and now i want a static/vibe team-up. then a swampy team-up.
    Dat wud b soooo kool.

We/SZ wud add d nu 52 Ray as well.

BANNED

Which is ur most preferable/favor8 Static fan/tribute films or promo so far?

BANNED

DC please give us another Static Shock cartoon series!