Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What will happen to Earth 2 Lois and Val Zod?
    Forgotten! Not even mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
    Well, now we know Jon's future:

spoilers:
    It has just been pretty much confirmed in a DC Blog interview with Tom Taylor: "The final page of Adventures of Superman: Jon Kent #6 is him showing up in Metropolis and hearing growls and cries and roaring and it’s because he’s landing right in the middle of “Beast World.” So, he has a cool part to play in that. He’s also going to be appearing in Nightwing. He’s going to be part of the Nightwing/Beast World crossover in a story that I absolutely love. It’s going to be really fun."

And in another interview in CBR about the Teen Titans: "One of the goals for Titans is to bring the protagonists, Nightwing, Raven, Jon Kent, Beast Boy, etc., a bit closer to being protectors of the world."
    end of spoilers
    That's not another interview, they're just reposting from the DC one. That line about protagonists is putting words in their mouths that they didn't say!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Clark can enjoy a good brawl and frequently solves problems by fighting back. It's a big part of his storytelling engine and he sits as the archetype for the entire genre in ay least that one way. So that's not quite what I meant by calling Jon that, I don't mean he's just clark Jr
    It's just not about the brawl.It's about the story,emotions,stakes and even hand to hand that makes any brawl good.Anyways, that's not really what i say when jon became Clark jr.The tone of the story.Jon stories were about a kid exploring the superhero world and having fun.Getting caught in deep trouble.This feels like Superman story.Not a jon kent story.It wasn't some dumb moral dilemma that hardly anyone cares about or relevant to people.Jon rarely gave speeches.I mean,he's a kid.what does he know?he is just having fun with his pals.If he sees someone hurting people.He will intervene.For better or for worse.Sure it might be a wrong move.It might end the world or some ****.But,he will do it.It doesn't mean he is a role model.The kid just snuck out of bed at night without his parents knowing..You see.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-02-2023 at 07:02 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
    They havent. For example, Adventures of Superman: Jon Kent was announced as a 6-issue series from the very beginning.
    I mean, the fact that Jon went from his own solo to a 6-issue mini to part of a team book really says how the character is shrinking.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    If Jon's story was allowed to go to it's logical direction...Jon would end up causing massive deaths due to his inaction...and wind up facing condemnation worldwide for his abdication of his responsibilities. He would then have to either step up as a worthy bearer of the shield...or expose himself to gold kryptonite and live his life as a social worker before he creates another catastrophe. But as you pointed out...Taylor won't allow Jon any flaws...so we're supposed to view him as right...even though he's objectively failed in his approach.
    Which is weird when you consider that Taylor created Val Zod similarity, but Val was allowed to fail and see the consequences of his actions.

Which is weird when you consider that Taylor created Val Zod similarity, but Val was allowed to fail and see the consequences of his actions.
    It really is strange. I mean...Taylor's own stories show that Jon's approach is a failure...but he won't let Jon learn from it/get called out for it. It's like he wants Jon to be in the right...but all Jon's doing is kicking the can down the road for someone else to have to come in and do what he wouldn't do because he didn't want to get his hands dirty.

Tom Taylor blocked me on Twitter but not before I could say everything I had to say about this story he did not like it & when I hit him with the facts I got immediately blocked he really can’t take criticism for ****. The gag for me was him tryna say Jon’s speech “could” have changed some of the opinions leading up to the Superman canon takedown & then he mentions something about changing Wally, & then when I pointed out we don’t see any of that **** but we do see him try his hardest to not only stop Clark’s fascism, which he fails at, & Damien’s inferiority complex of seeking validation from Superman, which he also fails at he got real mad about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Tom Taylor blocked me on Twitter but not before I could say everything I had to say about this story he did not like it & when I hit him with the facts I got immediately blocked he really can’t take criticism for ****. The gag for me was him tryna say Jon’s speech “could” have changed some of the opinions leading up to the Superman canon takedown & then he mentions something about changing Wally, & then when I pointed out we don’t see any of that **** but we do see him try his hardest to not only stop Clark’s fascism, which he fails at, & Damien’s inferiority complex of seeking validation from Superman, which he also fails at he got real mad about that.

You should post all your posts to him here so we.can see how bad or OK they were.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Or let's not lol.

Truthfully I haven't read any interviews with him on these directions. If I like his Return of Kal El issues I'm gonna binge.

Although I get some of the complaints about Jay already
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

I like his take at the end it’s how I feel
    I get what Taylor wanted to do here but I still wanted a page of Ora Ora Ora JOjo fists before a hug
    The potential is still there but he can’t fumble at the end.

We know where Val and Lois's story continues. And it's not written by Taylor.

TITANS: BEAST WORLD: WALLER RISING #1

Written by CHUCK BROWN

Art and cover by KERON GRANT

Variant covers by CLAYTON HENRY and JERRY GAYLORD

$4.99 US | 48 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)

ON SALE 12/5/23

The Kingdom, a mystical and metaphysical realm, sits at the nexus of the Parliaments. A formidable new adversary, Dr. Hate, emerges with intentions to corrupt both the Kingdom and the Parliament of the Red in the pursuit of chaos. Batwing, Vixen, Val-Zod Superman, and Black Manta are thrust together in a desperate fight for survival. They must learn to cooperate to thwart Dr. Hate’s destructive plans before The Wicked Entity can devastate this unique plane, which represents a collective consciousness. This consciousness unifies the Red, Green, Rot, Clear, Melt, Metal, and Grey into a harmonious realm of peace. In their struggle against Dr. Hate, these heroes and villains also face the task of unraveling how Amanda Waller’s rise is entwined with the ongoing crisis. The saga features guest appearances from Nubia, Dr. Mist, Red Tornado, Dead Eye, and more!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Written by CHUCK BROWN

ON SALE 12/5/23

The Kingdom, a mystical and metaphysical realm, sits at the nexus of the Parliaments. A formidable new adversary, Dr. Hate, emerges with intentions to corrupt both the Kingdom and the Parliament of the Red in the pursuit of chaos. Batwing, Vixen, Val-Zod Superman, and Black Manta are thrust together in a desperate fight for survival. They must learn to cooperate to thwart Dr. Hate’s destructive plans before The Wicked Entity can devastate this unique plane, which represents a collective consciousness. This consciousness unifies the Red, Green, Rot, Clear, Melt, Metal, and Grey into a harmonious realm of peace. In their struggle against Dr. Hate, these heroes and villains also face the task of unraveling how Amanda Waller’s rise is entwined with the ongoing crisis. The saga features guest appearances from Nubia, Dr. Mist, Red Tornado, Dead Eye, and more!
    What about the Black? There is a Kingdom called the Black too.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

This sounds very random and very not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Written by CHUCK BROWN

ON SALE 12/5/23

Don't forget this is now out.

Extraordinary Member

What will happen to Earth 2 Lois and Val Zod?
    Please see Beast World Waller Rising

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Please see Beast World Waller Rising
    Yep, I read this past weekend.