Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Clayton Henry posted a rough sketch for the opening of issue 2. Looks like adult Jon meeting his young kid self in the volcano. I guess the big twist is SuperJon rescues his kid self but sticks around as a time anomaly like how Rachel Summers “works” (or doesn’t). Whatever I guess, Jesus Christ is the Superfamily huge if I’m right, but at least this will stop the bitching about Jon.
    As much as I want this to be true, to me this looks like a flashback of Jon’s time in the volcano. Personally I think the twist could be that there’s a Red Jon and he looks like kid Jon.

Either that or it’s another OC

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is this Jon's new Krypto ?
    It was just a random polar bear he was helping out since her home in the ice caps was being melted

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    It was just a random polar bear he was helping out since her home in the ice caps was being melted
    I want it as a super pet .

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Hopefully, the surprise is when Jon is split into Red and Blue versions of himself.

The Red version is a kid

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

They could also use superman reborn as the event to explain why jon gets red and blue.. Essentially,he ended up splitting himself while helping his combine his dad
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Mighty Member

Clayton Henry posted a rough sketch for the opening of issue 2. Looks like adult Jon meeting his young kid self in the volcano. I guess the big twist is SuperJon rescues his kid self but sticks around as a time anomaly like how Rachel Summers “works” (or doesn’t). Whatever I guess, Jesus Christ is the Superfamily huge if I’m right, but at least this will stop the bitching about Jon.
    I could see this happening because I do feel like we are getting Superman Red, I just don't feel like the editorial wants two versions of Jon existing at the same time in the main timeline right now. I also don't think either Johnson or Williamson would be in favour of it.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I would think that would be Ultraman visiting Jon in the volcano rather than an older Jon visiting him...?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I would think that would be Ultraman visiting Jon in the volcano rather than an older Jon visiting him...?
    That face in panel 5 on the first page has kind of an evil grin going on plus more of a square jaw so its most likely Ultraman

Yeah it probably is Ultraman come to think of it. Jumped the gun, my bad.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

"Forging the future one hero at a time."

Huh. Now what does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post

That's just the dawn of dc tagline
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I was thinking if anything Jon will want to go back to rescue his younger self but cannot because that would have disastrous effects on the present, so what he does is keep his younger self away but puts him in a more caring environment then the one with Ultraman.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post

I think it's meant to refer to the rollout of new titles/series/creative teams for Dawn of the DCU.

Spectacular Member

So in that case what do y’all think the secret is?